Gunnery/Alacrity build 1 second grav rounds!

xSmokin

Granted I have to pop some cooldowns IE adrenal and relic, but alacrity seems to work on everything including getting on your speeder. With 2pc rakata I'm not lacking on crit with stacking alacrity and paralytic stims help out with ammo drains.

Come check out my stream in my sig if you want to see it in action.

Granted I have to pop some cooldowns IE adrenal and relic, but alacrity seems to work on everything including getting on your speeder. With 2pc rakata I'm not lacking on crit with stacking alacrity and paralytic stims help out with ammo drains.

Come check out my stream in my sig if you want to see it in action.

Party pooper commentary:

Still does nothing for your DPS though. Unless Alacrity also reduces GCD, which I doubt it does.

Edited by Gelich

Party pooper commentary:

Still does nothing for your DPS though. Unless Alacrity also reduces GCD, which I doubt it does.

DPS = damage per second....what you mean is ''Still does nothing for your DD though''

DD = damage dealer/ing

GCD =1.5 sec...1sec cast on grav round so thats 2.5 secs over the 3 secs that it would be w/o the alacrity

i dont know about his rotation as even at 3secs you still use more ammo then it regens. but in that massive final boss PvE battle then yes i guess that extra few shots will make a dif. personally i would just go with aim/crit/dmg...but im still a nub

Edited by Rocco_

First of all; i've watched your stream and liked it, it's the only commando i've found to be watchable ^^

i'm now valor rank 62 and i've played gunnery pretty much since i was lvl 30 (but i have switched to assault now, just because gunnery was getting boring). And now i see that people begin to learn how to play against a gunnery commando. Get out of LoS and interrupt the grav.

faster casting time helps you to hit the target before they get out of LoS and you can stack the debuff faster. It also helps against very slow people who try to interrupt you.

Question is; is that worth it to sacrifie crit/surge/power/accuracy?

i tend to think that it isnt. i would rather pop a relic/adrenal if you need to be fast in a certain moment rather than to build your gear around it.

Edited by Secured

DPS = damage per second....what you mean is ''Still does nothing for your DD though''

DD = damage dealer/ing

GCD =1.5 sec...1sec cast on grav round so thats 2.5 secs over the 3 secs that it would be w/o the alacrity

i dont know about his rotation as even at 3secs you still use more ammo then it regens. but in that massive final boss PvE battle then yes i guess that extra few shots will make a dif. personally i would just go with aim/crit/dmg...but im still a nub

Well, even if your Grav Round was instant you'd still be able to fire off a set amount of it over time because of GCD. You will still be able to use only 2 GRs over 3 seconds even though the casting time "allows" for 3. That's what I meant.

The only benefit I see to the alacrity is that you would be able to react to CoF procs better. It procs on the hit. There is a small delay in between when the Grav finishes, and when it actually hit. If you're chaining spells you will be casting your next Grav Round by the time your previous Grav Round that would proc CoF hits.

Well, even if your Grav Round was instant you'd still be able to fire off a set amount of it over time because of GCD. You will still be able to use only 2 GRs over 3 seconds even though the casting time "allows" for 3. That's what I meant.

not true. use gcd cancel.

Party pooper commentary:

Alacrity lowers GCD on cast-time abilities. I've chain-casted 1 sec spells with no interruption between them, however it seems it doesn't lower GCD when you cast instant abilities. Here's an example of alacrity reducing GCD

As for stacking alacrity as Gunnery. I could see it sorta being useful in PvP, as most fights don't last very long, but it's generally really bad. You'll burn through your ammo way too fast, especially when you're not CD'd up and have an awful rythm with your skill-procs (Cell Charger and Curtain of Fire). It can work if you're doing a lot of 1v1s, but that's not really what warzones is about.