The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please BW make the deserter timer longer than 60 seconds

zElmTree

Title says it all, BW please make the deserter timer longer than 60 seconds. Im tired of:

1.Logging into a match only to be kicked out because of the deserter timer only has 5 seconds left AND the force field still up resulting in a kick

2. Dying in Alderaan PvP, the speeder bike animation lags, but the deserter timer does not which eventually runs out, resulting in a kick from the match

3. In Voidstar, the beginning animation does not begin and there is no way to exit out of it, yet somehow the deserter timer still runs perfectly fine which, you guessed it, results in another kick from match.

Can you please change the deserter timer to say, 3 minutes instead of 60 seconds because if a person truly is a "deserter" and does go afk, he/she probably will not be back for 3 minutes and still that person would be booted, which is fine. But if a person truly is playing the game and is not a deserter but a broken animation or lag comes into play, to fix of that problem usually takes longer than 60 seconds, which is a problem because the timer lasts only 60 seconds before you get booted.

Another problem with getting booted is that you are transported automatically to either the republic fleet of imperial fleet, not the place you originally were before you joined the match. This is just an annoying issue if you are someplace other then the either fleets, because of the time it takes just to get back to your original planet.

So please BW increase the deserter timer to 3 minutes instead of only 60 seconds.

Thanks,

Captain Apollos

Title says it all, BW please make the deserter timer longer than 60 seconds. Im tired of:

1.Logging into a match only to be kicked out because of the deserter timer only has 5 seconds left AND the force field still up resulting in a kick

2. Dying in Alderaan PvP, the speeder bike animation lags, but the deserter timer does not which eventually runs out, resulting in a kick from the match

3. In Voidstar, the beginning animation does not begin and there is no way to exit out of it, yet somehow the deserter timer still runs perfectly fine which, you guessed it, results in another kick from match.

Can you please change the deserter timer to say, 3 minutes instead of 60 seconds because if a person truly is a "deserter" and does go afk, he/she probably will not be back for 3 minutes and still that person would be booted, which is fine. But if a person truly is playing the game and is not a deserter but a broken animation or lag comes into play, to fix of that problem usually takes longer than 60 seconds, which is a problem because the timer lasts only 60 seconds before you get booted.

Another problem with getting booted is that you are transported automatically to either the republic fleet of imperial fleet, not the place you originally were before you joined the match. This is just an annoying issue if you are someplace other then the either fleets, because of the time it takes just to get back to your original planet.

So please BW increase the deserter timer to 3 minutes instead of only 60 seconds.

Thanks,

Captain Apollos

Ditto. I've had several issues with this.

If it's a fresh battle it's normally not an issue as there's a long window in which to get in. But if it's an in progress match, I'm usually stuck. The timer needs to start running from when it actually loads for me, not when I first connect.

Thanks,

Captain Apollos

lol just get a better comp dude. 60secs should be lowered to 30secs. Im rank 65 and i've never been kicked by the deserter debuff.. But lot of my games have been ruined by some afk players. (Yes 1min can change the begining of a game, especially when you start in a 6v8 match.

lol just get a better comp dude. 60secs should be lowered to 30secs. Im rank 65 and i've never been kicked by the deserter debuff.. But lot of my games have been ruined by some afk players. (Yes 1min can change the begining of a game, especially when you start in a 6v8 match.

Bs, my comp is way, way above what most are playing on and even so every once in a while I'll barely squeak by the timer to get in. If Bioware had the intention of making this game accessible to people with a wide range of systems they failed in this aspect.

If you join at just the wrong time, you will be kicked no matter how good your computer is in Huttball at least.