4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha no reason to be upset? They break one class of ships to buff another then realize they made a mistake and in an attempt to balance it out break 3 more classes to make the one they originally broke half way decent? You are right, a game where it takes solid time to actually get skills only to have them throw it in your face you are at a sub par level because they changed the way the class of ship plays and it's bonus roles that you've been training for.

But again what would a 90 mill sp piolt who has been playing since 05 know anything about CCP.

Hardly anything to do with how they deal with downtimes, you know.... :rolleyes:

Edited by C-Bee

Greetings!

This thread has been re-opened.

We had to do quite a bit of cleaning up here, so we would like to quickly remind everyone to please stay on-topic and please be polite!

Discussion of politics and negative comments based on a player's nationality are never appropriate. If you believe someone is violating the Rules of Conduct, we strongly encourage you NOT to engage, but use the report feature in the upper right hand corner. Flag, don't fight!

Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your cooperation.

Edited by Parali

Today's downtime was the final straw for me - I have unsubbed. Unless bioware can convince me in 23 days that they actually give a rats *** about the EU player base and provide a bit of customer focus, then I won't be coming back. I cannot justify £8.99 for a game that I cannot play during the day.

Go do something else for bit. There is a lot to life.

If the games being improved, im not bothered when its down or for how long (within reason) for the first few months.

Some players are moaning they want the game altered/improved but moan that the games down to do that, you cant have it both ways.

Edited by Urko

I can understand why you do all (servers) at once, at the moment (due to no region locking), but could you not make it so that the US lose some of their late evening, to the UK/EU losing some early morning?

Those of us that are on 8/9am - 12/1pm may not be "prime time" but we are paying (constant) customers. If only moving to 11pm - 3am CST (5/6am - 9/10am GMT/CET) would be an improvement.

Then come March (when Australia get their servers) you can region lock all & have separate teams to do each group 2am-6am.

If the games being improved, im not bothered when its down or for how long (within reason) for the first few months.

I agree completely. Too bad there doesn't seem to have been any improvement since release despite the significant downtime on maintenance.

I agree completely. Too bad there doesn't seem to have been any improvement since release despite the significant downtime on maintenance.

Nah, they have sorted a few things (not my main gripe which is high rez, but i feel they are on the case) but thats harsh saying theres been no improvement.

Edited by Urko

I can understand why you do all (servers) at once, at the moment (due to no region locking), but could you not make it so that the US lose some of their late evening, to the UK/EU losing some early morning?

Those of us that are on 8/9am - 12/1pm may not be "prime time" but we are paying (constant) customers. If only moving to 11pm - 3am CST (5/6am - 9/10am GMT/CET) would be an improvement.

Then come March (when Australia get their servers) you can region lock all & have separate teams to do each group 2am-6am.

that only applies if their is clientside patching.. This was a serverside patch. No Excuse.

Nah, they have sorted a few things (not my main gripe which is high rez, but i feel they are on the case) but thats harsh saying theres been no improvement.

My humble opinion is that it's a good thing they are fixing things and thumbs up for that. At the same time however the deployment of these fixes has been one huge fubar and lets not even go to the subject of how many things are actually incomplete or wrong with released product.

To date I can remember only one fix that had enough merit to have an 'emergency' maintenance (bugged safe zones in Ilum). With everything else, they should have waited for the next thuesday and done it all then. Who knows, some of the fixes could actually work better (or work at all) if they tested the quality of these fixes a bit more instead of rushing them on live servers.

Edited by C-Bee

I myself was almost through Taral V when the 15 minute announcement came. To me its not the downtime in and of itself. Its the way they did it...

They ninja changed a maintenance schedule posting of theirs shortly before the announcement that servers would go down in 15 MINUTES.

That 15 minute time-frame is a slap in the face to your customers, and the fact that they ninja changed a post to cover it and closed down the forums is all I need to know.

And you can have my stuff, my sub is done.

I am referring to the downtime that happened last night, however (around midnight friday). Maybe I put this in the wrong thread!!

Edited by forinboy

Posting another "complaint" about the riduculous server maintenance times, i already tried to post one earlier but for some reason bw just closes all threads from unsatisfied customers..

Hope the maintenace schedules get fixed real soon, they might even be more annoying then any bugs i faced in the game XD

- EU should have a different maintenance window (anywhere from 1am-9am like the us)

- Emergency patches should be deployed at night.

(in this case the problem was about random dc's, i also encountered them but i'd rather have a random dc once in a while then half a saturday offline, so from my personal vision this "emergency" patch could have waited until tonight.)

After 90+ pages of interest... I must admit I'm shocked BioWare hasn't reached out with communication in regards to this.

It is a weekend.

The people you'd like to make a statement are playing golf in the Carribean or somewhere nice and cosy.

The reason for the patch given in the patch notes for 1.1.0c is void.

We have more lag, more latency, and not less disconnects leading to the char select with a broken client that requires a complete restart to get the game back into playable condition.

After 90+ pages of interest... I must admit I'm shocked BioWare hasn't reached out with communication in regards to this.

Well they have consistantly ignored the thread on the normal down time that has been remade at least 3 times because it went over the form maximum of 1000 posts...

Don't like it? Vote with your wallet. Why do you think the RIFT Team is so great at communication, and implementing content? People started leaving in droves.

Bioware won't respect us until the same happens here.

What he said. Complaining here is entertaining but it won't do a damn thing.

Your only vote button is the "cancel" button. You don't like the current situation? Use it.

Edited by UrbanMonkey

Have you not seen the 3000 posts in the EU maintenance times thread that has gone unanswered? BioWare are burying their heads. They just don't care.

Oh ya, I am certain that is their top priority when it comes to scheduling down time. :rolleyes:

Well they certainly don't consider the EU when scheduling downtime, that much is certain. It's obvious they ONLY consider US players because the downtime happens when most of the US are asleep.

Edited by Mandrax