4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

I understand both sides...4-5 hours on a Saturday morning (or afternoon, sorry EU guys) is not some kind of killer deal...it just happens. In a month or so no one will even remember this...well, unless it keeps happening...

That said, it is a bit annoying...shutting down the servers on a Saturday?? Really?

Of course, it doesn't matter for me anyway...I'm on a college campus and our internet's out currently. Go figure.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now cancelled my subscription.

Yet again you shut down the servers in prime time (EU) on the weekend / bank holiday with little to no warning for 'maintenance'. Your communication is utterly terrible as is your so called support.

It has been now over a month since going live and you have still not worked out a sensible maintenance routine and it is quite obvious that there has been little to no planning for dealing with it in the four years this game has been in production. I don't see why I should put up with losing the best part of a weekend because of this lack of planning and forethought nor why I should pay for the privilege.

This is a shame as the game isn't that bad when I can actually play it.

Same here. Cancelled my subscription last month already, only reason I'm playing is because I got a Game Card for Christmas.

If things don't change, I'm out in about 50 days.

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Shame I bought 60 days in advance.

Regards,

Kalantris

I could not have written it down better then you Kalantris! GJ.

I have another point to add (I am playing on the EU Server).

Most of the time I am not directly affected by the maintenance theme of penalize EU Server by favoring NA Server. Even today I had other plans for the whole morning/afternoon. The Problem I have, especially today, is that the Server was shutdown for 6 hours during the daytime where most of the other Players would have played ... by the time I start login the Server-Life is not what it would have been without that shutdown. Let me explain:

1) most of my Items I wanted to sell in the Kiosk could not be purchased because peopel were not able to play. This is frustrating because buying/selling/crafting is something I enjoy very much - but if the server is down I loose lot of potential interaction, even if I am not planing to login and play by myself.

2) When I login in tonight the Server-Life or population won't be the same as if the server would have been online from the start of the morning. Some people might take care of something else and don't bother to to try to login later after their "gameplan" for this staurday/weekend has been disturbed by this server shutdown. So later when I login, I will have a server where some part of the population is not available because of a non-exisiting server in the first place.

The population on my server is anyway very low and the maintenance policy is not doing any good for increasing it.

yours "only one of your eu customer"

Edited by muleDArule

First of all I'd like to point out, that it's me paying you not the other way around. Therefore my feedback can be as much as "this system sucks. Fix it". Negative feedback of this sort is all a company can expect. I don't have to tell you how to fix your game. It's your job to fix it then and come up with ideas, that actually make sense. Which you so far often fail to do.

Second of all you really need to tone down your expectations. From day one you disregard any constructive feedback whatsoever, literally [self-censored] your customers in the face. The rage, insults and rude behaviour is the effect of your doings, so deal with it. Dealing with it by deleting posts and closing threads will only hurt you, as people need to vent their rage somewhere. They'll either unsubscribe or start venting on other forums, which are read not only by your current customers, but also the potential ones. That's how black PR works.

Third of all there is no constructive feedback to give in the subject of the maintenance system. It's obviously and carefully planned to cater your american customers disregarding Europe entirely. Server statistics show, that EU servers are a couple times busier during maintenance hours than the american ones. You could at least have the balls to admit it instead of feeding us with your worthless [self-censored] about "performing maintenance in off-peak hours". There's nothing worse than lying to your customers in the dumbest possible way and expecting them to believe it. We feel like you think we're [self-censored]. We are not. Therefore stop pissing us off with your pathetic lies and admit, that you don't give a flying [self-censored] about your european customers, which are basically half of your playerbase (based on server stat graphs). We'd have a clear view then, unsubscribe and watch your pathetic game crumble to dust while playing something we can actually play whenver we want.

Fourth of all today's maintenance was a bad joke. There are no critical updates in your patchnotes, I can see no fixes like "fixed an exploit, which allowed the attacking side to leave their spawn area before the game begins" or "fixed an exploit, which allowed players to run with the speed of light carrying the ball in huttball games". All I see are quest fixes and some class balancing changes. This could have been done any other day, but you had to pick saturday, which is, for a lot of us, the main part of the week we can play the game.

Last but not least you will not tell me how to give you feedback and I'd strongly advise you (trying to be constructive here) not to control the community on your forums like that, because that will only cause people to create unofficial forums, where they can flame you any time they feel like they need to do it. Accept the fact, that forum is a place you can actually check how the playerbase feels. In case you can't see it alread I'm going to give you a clear message: We're pissed off.

Regards,

Kalantris

I agree %100 , well said Kalantris.

I can't really seem to understand why people would come to these thread to say stuff like : "stop complaining", if you don't want to see complaining, just avoid it... You're just helping people complaining by swelling up the thread, and giving more weight to their voices...

Well thank you :o

Have you not played the game??? There is a lot to be fixed and this needs to happen more often.

Have you seen the patch notes?

As someone said; Patches are nice, but this is ridiculous. They can't block all of EU from playing on prime time for every little issue that crop up. There's weekly maintenance for a reason. Just because you are patching more often doesn't mean that the issues get fixed faster.

Hotfixes should be for game-breaking problems; Everything else can wait until weekly maintenance, otherwise it'd be a huge annoyance.

Or perhaps you'd like to have a patch every day? Maybe every hour? How often is often enough to get the latest minuscule fix to the last issue that was tweaked?

Please can you do server maintenance and updates on European servers at times that don't punish us for not being Americans. Taking the servers down on a Saturday when most people in Europe are off work/school just shows the lack of thought or respect you show to players that are not based in America.

Yet more evidence that whilst they may be onto a reasonable if not good game, the actual customer service & customer experience provided by EA/Bioware is still absolutely rubbish.

I'd opine that one would have to be a complete idiot in the literal classical sense to not see that this move would really irritate EU players. Why pick that? Why choose to potentially annoy half the playerbase? Why aim for a time that is guaranteed to cause problems if the update screws up & runs over (which it did). And for what?

The ability to be disconnected slightly less from the game that we all just got disconnected from for several hours...

Ironic.

It's not so much the direct loss of time; it's the massive 'up yours, we're doing it at the time we prefer' that it entails.

Still, this is from the same company whose PR guys said, regarding Mass Effect 3 & Origin, 'if you don't like it, don't buy the game'. I swear Bioware has never actually met a customer since EA took over; it's the only explanation for how little they understand customers & their reactions (reasonable or not).

Edited by Grammarye

Look. no offense guys but this is un-cool

People work / go to school on weekdays (even the one in Tuesday is morning to early afternoon) - ok, i can live with it:confused:

But today is Saturday... people can actually stay home (if they work 5 days) and play. And kids can definately play... So, why Saturday morning?

Saturday afternoon/evening people usually go out IRL :eek:

Not a downtime on morning... for me it's 10am-2pm... Wait that's not so bad...:rolleyes: I will do shopping have lunch and i'm cool...

*Tries to log in at 2.30pm* - "EXTENDED DOWNTIME":(

This is what I am talking about...

At least when you say 4 hrs, make it 4 hrs... not XX hours

And please...not weekends...jeez... you are selling a GAME (the kind of things people play in their spare time :confused: = weekends for most :D

my 2 cents worth...

To be quite honest, the patch notes reveal nothing critical that couldn't wait till tuesday to me. Yes those disconnects were annoying, but seriously not as game breaking as other glitches in the game.

I'm pretty annoyed about the comments on this forum too.. Go read a book, it's no big deal.

It IS a big deal imo, even though I wasn't going to play anyway.

I don't understand why they even have to take the servers down in the first place! I've only played one MMO before, being Guild Wars, and even though it seems to be looked down upon, at least in 5 years of FREE playing thereI haven't seen a single time an update or tweak shut down the game.

So now I decide to pay a monthly fee for a game and I get this crap? I'm sorry but that doesn't float for me. I'll play out my subscription, but at this rate I'm not planning on staying afterwards. If they really HAVE to take the servers down, fine so be it, but keep it to a minimum and share the fun around. Also 8 hours is way too long for regular updates.

Edited by EvansFaith

And lastly, we pay for a 30 day period. Not 25 days, not 27 days and 4 hours, 30 days. I don't have access to the game on a Tuesday that I'm off work? Fine, but don't bill me for it. It's not that 14.99$ is a lot, but I really REALLY hate paying for something I don't receive. All I (and other EU players ask for) is an apology, a sign of good gesture, anything basically that would make me feel that BW cares about me, as a customer. Give me 1 extra day on my subscription. That would make me nod and smile instead of posting long rants on forums.

When you clicked accept on the EULA you agreed that the servers may go down during your play time. Human CentiPad going on here, "Why wont it read?!?!?".

Edited by RocNessMonster

I especially like how they try to silence people during down times by closing forum posting as well. If you don't like angry customers , do a better job Bioware. Or maybe making MMOs is not your thing ?

Agreed. This only shows that they DID know how pissed off people would get.

what is this crap?! 8am on a saturday?!

Just got booted out of a space mission and now i cant even get back in - i just keep switching back to char select!

You know... if I have to suffer through this game until GW2 comes out can they at least give us a stable game? Jesus...

The entire patch was to fix a DC issue, I have dc'd maybe 3 or 4 times since tuesday. In that every DC was on the imperial fleet, well done cutting 6 hours off my play time to fix the 5 minutes (over all DC's I had for me to get back into game).

Given the choice between 5 minutes or 6 hours, I choose 5 minutes.

Considering you are taking it back down on Tuesday for patching I feel you could have really waited until then!

I understand both sides...4-5 hours on a Saturday morning (or afternoon, sorry EU guys) is not some kind of killer deal...it just happens. In a month or so no one will even remember this...well, unless it keeps happening...

That said, it is a bit annoying...shutting down the servers on a Saturday?? Really?

Of course, it doesn't matter for me anyway...I'm on a college campus and our internet's out currently. Go figure.

Exactly, this happened alot more often in WoW during its first couple of months. It sucks its on the weekend, but if its something they need to do, they need to do it.

On a Saturday? Stop talking rubbish. Weekends are peak times and should never be interrupted. BioWare are total crap at looking after this game they have created. Unless you are American of course, as they are rarely affected by any of the maintenance times.

Well i could argue a friday night is peak time too.

i go to bed in the morning, im affected by almost every freakin patch and i live in the NA.

Funny thing is personnally id rather have patch in the day. Guess bioware is racist against us too, people who stay up late.

Prime time is from like 5pm to 1pm. Only way to patch eu and na at the same time is to have maintenance time at night in the NA and day at the EU. Its not cause they hate EU its just the most logic thing to do unless they have different maintenance time.

I just want you all to realise how patethic it is to whine and whine cause you were not able to play a game for 4hours, and that when you can play; you whine on the forum instead. Brilliant.

Regards,

Kalantris

I'm going to quote this, because it should be quoted on every page everywhere.

Community & Customer Support in this game is hilariously bad.

Edited by Luckmann

Meanwhile, on my account's cancel subscription page....

-------

Reason: Customer Support

Refined Reason: Lack of support

Text:

All my tickets where replied with a copy-paste and immediately closed. No issues were solved. No GM ever tried to contact me.

I'm EU, i pay A LOT for this game, i want BETTER treatment than my US counterparts, and i'm not getting it.

So yeah, .|. o.o .|.

Oh, and maintenance on a saturday? GG!

-------

So yeah, i'm out in 20 days when my account expires, lets see what they do to make me stay.

I unsubscription is almost the same, this morning at 9:00 I opened a ticked asking if this would be norm, since I didn't got a response, as always, I cancelled the subscription. As I already have 20 days left, we'll see what happens