Missing out on huge chunks of this game and it's ruining it for me. XP toggle please!

Apax

I'll add this to the original post, as I forgot to mention some additional, but important problems which occur when you out-level content.

It becomes very difficult to keep your crafting in sync with your level. You find that you don't have access to the crafting materials needed to make equipment appropriate for your level. In my case, this is because I'm literally 1-2 planets behind where I should be for my level, and the planets I'm currently questing on don't have the material nodes I need for the gear I want to make.

It's also one of the reasons why some players are struggling with money while others aren't. I'm paying for skills and crafting training at my level while being rewarded with quest rewards that are 6+ levels below me. The money that is going out is much greater than the money coming in through natural progression. Imagine trying to save for level 25 speeder training on level 19 payouts.

This situation becomes even worse if you attempt to fix the above crafting problem by sending your crew out on gathering missions (your only option outside the auction house in this case when the planet can't supply you with the correct nodes).

An XP toggle would alleviate all of this.

There is nothing stopping you from piloting your ship to another planet and farm resources.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turning off xp gains would ruin pvp. As it is, level 10s can dominate pvp because of how the rank up to 49 is calculated. A level 10 in full blues can get upwards of 70% damage reduction and ridiculously high dmg output. The only thing keeping people from twinking in pvp is forced xp gains.

Sounds like an issue that has to be fixed regardless of whether an XP-toggle is introduced or not. Twinking an alt is simply a matter of having a higher level crafting character, and you're going to face this problem one way or another unless they fix the core issue.

I'll say something I said before that no one really responded to.

It is technically impossible to outlevel the content. If everything turns grey, you stop getting XP ONLY until you progress to areas with higher level mobs. You still get rewards, just no XP for a short time.

Like someone said, just keep doing the quests and enjoying the content. I would submit that if you're simply doing it for the XP, you're not really enjoying the content anyway.

Name them.

Everquest II allowed this. Gives higher level players the option to run old content at level or assist lower level players without face rolling content. This was required when AA was implemented and high levels had limited content to build up XP compared to low levels.

Everquest II allowed this. Gives higher level players the option to run old content at level or assist lower level players without face rolling content. This was required when AA was implemented and high levels had limited content to build up XP compared to low levels.

Funny how EQII is the only example anyone ever gives of that feature.

^ This.

There's nothing stopping you from ignoring the XP of an area and doing all the content anyway for purely story reasons. I know you'll faceroll the content, but I fail to see that as an issue since once you get past Tat you'll be remembering the 'old days' when you leveled quickly quite fondly.

Facerolling content is boring. I covered this in the first post. I want to be around the same level as the content so that each fight is at least somewhat challenging.

I think that there is already the option to not get xp for doing underlevel quests. So the being levels above will be self -correcting as you won't gain any levels from doing those quests.

I do see a problem with the not gaining companion favor on underlevel quests however.

This is especially true with the companion ship dialogue quests (which really shouldn't be tied to the level system at all).

There is nothing stopping you from piloting your ship to another planet and farm resources.

Save for the additional XP gains I would make exploring the areas and fighting the mobs guarding the nodes? I think you missed the point.

Funny how EQII is the only example anyone ever gives of that feature.

What's funny about it?

Call of Heroes

Vanguard

Pretty sure WoW implemented this as well but I havent payed that game.

Edited by GellonSW

Ok so I read not a single post. lol. I read maybe two sentances in the op. This is a bad idea. Because then many many many many if not all pvpers would hit 49 and toggle off xp.

end of thread.

Then level from 49 to 50 and it's no longer a problem for you.

What's funny about it?

Call of Heroes

Vanguard

WoW only implemented a feature that allows you to turn off XP gain in Battlegrounds so people wouldn't out level their BG brackets.

This x19872398732958721598

"Oh my god, the quest is gray! I can't do it!!!" :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where you ever got the idea that someone is complaining about not being able to do gray quests. Did you actually read the first post before coming in to post a trolling comment over a feature request that would have zero impact on you?

Edited by Apax

WoW only implemented a feature that allows you to turn off XP gain in Battlegrounds so people wouldn't out level their BG brackets.

This is incorrect. WoW allows you to turn off XP gains altogether.

Even City of Heroes offers it.

What's funny about it?

Call of Heroes

Vanguard

Personally, I don't remember it from WoW. And what stopped most people gaining xp in Vanguard was that it sucked, and we all unsubbed.

Personally, I don't remember it from WoW. And what stopped most people gaining xp in Vanguard was that it sucked, and we all unsubbed.

Regardless of the fact is was still a feature a game had which addresses your question which other MMO had turn off XP. So, next.

I was a bit bothered by out-leveling the content before I actually got to it. However, I think you are in a very small minority of players that would actually want to toggle off XP to play through all the content.

Considering the amount of threads on this forum complaining that the leveling speed is too fast, I think many people would appreciate an option to temporarily disable XP gains.

Regardless of the fact is was still a feature a game had which addresses your question which other MMO had turn off XP. So, next.

OP claimed 'most mainstream MMO's have this feature'.

I've seen 4 listed; which doesn't seem to qualify as 'most'.

turn xp off at 49 and be the top of the 10-49 pvp bracket?

Twinking is already possible in this game thanks to orange customizable gear and mod crafting. An xp-toggle doesn't change anything there.

Most mainstream MMOs have a turn-off xp feature? Which ones aside from WoW? EDIT: ok got my answers, and WoW implemented it specifically for people who wanted to twink, i.e. for battlegrounds. The side effect was that many people turned xp off for so-called "classic" raiding and level caps.

I don't understand how you are "missing out" on content. You may be overleveling some of it, but you certainly aren't missing it.

Edited by Kaphik

OP claimed 'most mainstream MMO's have this feature'.

I've seen 4 listed; which doesn't seem to qualify as 'most'.

Does it matter what the numbers are? Some offer it, so it is not unheard of. It would be a toggle so would not affect you.

Even better, let us syphon off a % of xp into something like the Alternate Advancement system in EQ - would make a LOT of level 50s and levelling players happy.