Sniper PvE set bonuses

Storik

So what the heck is up with our useless set bonuses? 10 energy back every minute (assuming we use laze target on CD), and a reduction in cost of an ability which has a 12s cooldown and can only be used when the mob is at >30% health?!

Come on Bioware! My merc gets 15% additional crit to tracer missle! Now that's a set bonus! Throw us a bone IMO.

So what the heck is up with our useless set bonuses? 10 energy back every minute (assuming we use laze target on CD), and a reduction in cost of an ability which has a 12s cooldown and can only be used when the mob is at >30% health?!

Come on Bioware! My merc gets 15% additional crit to tracer missle! Now that's a set bonus! Throw us a bone IMO.

2pc isn't that awesome but you pretty much should be using Laze Target on CD anyway (unless Reactive Shot is already up). 4pc is actually awesome as it helps exectue range energy efficiency

15% crit is very nice for one of the arsenal BH's core abilities. It'd be nice if our two piece did something that would be more meaningful. I'd even settle for decreasing the cost of a snipe by 5-10 energy (I know 10 would be too much to hope for). Increasing SoS damage would be welcome, too. Best of all would be increasing followthrough's damage or crit.

15% crit is very nice for one of the arsenal BH's core abilities. It'd be nice if our two piece did something that would be more meaningful. I'd even settle for decreasing the cost of a snipe by 5-10 energy (I know 10 would be too much to hope for). Increasing SoS damage would be welcome, too. Best of all would be increasing followthrough's damage or crit.

2-piece bonus: Snipe critical hits knock the target back a short distance

4-piece bonus: Ambush, Followthrough and Takedown now deal 10% additional damage as Internal damage

"one of"

hehe...funny

:D

Set bonuses on field tech set are fine, just because most people havn't figured out their usefulness doesn't mean they are bad.

The reduced energy cost on our >30% finisher is invaluable.

The +10 energy on our 2 mins alacrity cd i could agree it isn't stellar, but it pretty much gives free orbital on pull.

Sure they could be better, but once you learn their uses those are fine for the most part.

Set bonuses on field tech set are fine, just because most people havn't figured out their usefulness doesn't mean they are bad.

The reduced energy cost on our >30% finisher is invaluable.

The +10 energy on our 2 mins alacrity cd i could agree it isn't stellar, but it pretty much gives free orbital on pull.

Sure they could be better, but once you learn their uses those are fine for the most part.

I'm not saying they are bad. I'm just saying that we are being short changed compared to other classes who receive substantial buffs to bread and butter abilities, which are usable throughout the entirety of a fight. It just seems like one hell of an afterthought.

I'm not saying they are bad. I'm just saying that we are being short changed compared to other classes who receive substantial buffs to bread and butter abilities, which are usable throughout the entirety of a fight. It just seems like one hell of an afterthought.

I can't disagree on that.

Seems like the whole end game itemization is an afterthought...

Not suprised set bonuses don't make much sense either.

Altho, ireally like the reduced energy cost ony takedown/whatever the republic equivalent is, kind of feel like without that the ability wouldn't fit at all without being a handicap to energy.

Still doesn't excuse anything though. And to be completely honest, before i found that the +10 energy on alacrity cd set bonus would give free orbital i was pretty upset aswell.

You mean like sorc PvE bonuses that give you:

2pc: -2 force cost on Force Lightning (already a force positive spell) or Lightning Strike (whoever plays lightning spec sorc is doing it wrong - PvE OR PvP).

4pc: 5% alacrity with 15s uptime every 20 seconds (alacrity does not affect dots in any fashion, so it is only somewhat useful to madness spec through lowering channel time on force lightning, and completely useless to lightning spec because lightning's filler nuke casts under GCD anyway).

or do you mean marauder PvE bonuses that give you:

2pc: 1 less rage cost (33% rage reduction) on execute that only works under 20%

4pc: -15 seconds off a cooldown that lets you get 30 fury stacks instantly (2:30 minutes cooldown).

I am preeeetty sure that (at least for dps) merc bonus stands out as being head and shoulders above other classes bonuses.

Also while we are at it you might be interested in a thread i created last night regarding tier 3 itemization. Sadly it did not get much attention, i'm guessing because most people have yet to get their hands on a full set of rakata items.

Still, it kinds of goes along with the set bonus problem.

And since this was analyzed as a sniper point of view, it kind of is relevant to this forum too.

Have a look if you like :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=239768

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.