Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How do I compete as a noob lvl 50 against people in full top tier PVP gear?

acelesson

Just curious how other noob 50's compete against these people. Im a Sith Warrior, and every warzone is my own personal meat grinder. Most of the people have 10k more hitpoints than I do!

So how do I compete? Im on the verge of saying I'm done. Its SO frustrating!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with you my friend. I hit 50 just after the ill fated Ilum patch, and decided not to pvp on the way to 50 bcuz i didnt want to out lvl planets. I tried running a few warzones, but got frustrated/bored with getting owned all the time. I couldnt fatom how all these guys so badly outgeared me when the game had only been out for a month. such desparities shouldnt happen.

So moral of the story, I gave up on that 50 and started pvping on my lvl 25 powertech and havent looked back since. lots of fun and balanced.

edit: "deal with it" is a typical troll response... your feelings are valid. and daily quest grinding isnt a possibility for everyone given their life schedules.... I just want to pvp, not farm dailies for hours.

Edited by Nerfmii

Im with you my friend. I hit 50 just after the ill fated Ilum patch, and decided not to pvp on the way to 50 bcuz i didnt want to out lvl planets. I tried running a few warzones, but got frustrated/bored with getting owned all the time. I couldnt fatom how all these guys so badly outgeared me when the game had only been out for a month. such desparities shouldnt happen.

So moral of the story, I gave up on that 50 and started pvping on my lvl 25 powertech and havent looked back since. lots of fun and balanced.

Im honestly thinking about going this route. I'd hate to ditch a toon I spent so much time on, but its just ridiculous. Its no different than it was when Level 50's were in warzones with 30's, 20's, or whatever else.

You don't.

That's why PvP is largely silly in RPG's. It's a contest of who's spent more time building up their character. RPG's are supposed to be, pretty much by definition, all about the characters abilities, not the players. And the characters abilities largely come through spending time playing said character.

Edit: The only point is teamwork/tactics. in large scale encounters. But that being equal, team with better characters wins.

Edited by GnatB

Are we seriously already getting the "feed me epics" player base from WoW?

I have no idea what you are even talking about? The game's been out a month and dudes are top tier pvp level 50...its kinda ridiculous. Put those people in their own warzones...Since they are so elite, they should play with people who are only elite

Ya, because turret swapping (for valour) and farming lowbies (with premades) in pretiered PVP warzones, was "working for it".

It's not just that is it? The champion gear lucky drawer as well (I thought i'd only find these things in Asian mmos!)

You don't. PVP MMOs seem to be built around getting farmed for weeks until you can get gear.

It's a dumb model.

Just learn never to think you can compete and it gets better. Always go for 2v1s or group encounters, never even try a 1v1. Your experience will improve.

If you are melee dps it's just awful. Any other role and you'll do ok if you learn to play like you're the gimp you are.

Are we seriously already getting the "feed me epics" player base from WoW?

You were already fed them at Ilum. Thanks for your troll.

Do your dailies? You have to win to complete them. Yeah playing against geared up folks is great fun and there are far more geared up players because of the ilum farm than others.

Enjoy the crickets that will soon be all you hear in pvp rooms in this game.

Sadly the answer is yes.

Yes, because clearly disliking a model that involves entry level players getting constantly farmed is wanting welfare epics.

The PVP gearing model is broken. In PVE the "build gear to get advantages to build more gear" works fine because NPCs don't care.

Any PVP game gearing model built on having to get farmed for weeks to get gear is a dumb model.

Ya, because turret swapping (for valour) and farming lowbies (with premades) in pretiered PVP warzones, was "working for it".

I require proof of who has done this before you make blanket accusations that everyone with pvp gear has done this.

Because I haven't.

:edit:

If playing to improve your character is too much then don't play lvl 50 pvp. Stick to pve or 10-49 pvp.

Edited by Jestunhi

Just curious how other noob 50's compete against these people. Im a Sith Warrior, and every warzone is my own personal meat grinder. Most of the people have 10k more hitpoints than I do!

So how do I compete? Im on the verge of saying I'm done. Its SO frustrating!

you don't compete. you get beat down over and over, winning like 25 wz tokens per match until you save enough for a bag. then, you hope that you get a piece of gear, but in all honesty you prolly won't. keep doing this until you have a full set of gear. then, be sure to go vote in the 2028 election.

or you can make an alt. i made one. the game is fun again. i'm 37 now tho. kinda depressing coming back up on 50 again. doubt i will be making another toon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.