Artifice needs some love...

nZifnab

Artifice can make Enhancements, Hilts, Color Crystals, Offhands, BoP relics, and some orange lightsabers (with a particularly low chance of an augment slot). The problem is...All of these except the color crystals and relics are completely useless (I'm talking about the tier-2 RE'd artifact versions)

Enhancements: You can get a better, higher level version once *every single day* by doing a simple 5 minute daily quest in Ilum.

Hilts: You can get a better, higher level version by turning in a lousy 8 daily commendations which might take you around 30-50 minutes to acquire.

Offhands: There are ZERO level 40+ willpower shields that I can even use...so trying to craft one of these for myself is out the window. Where's the shadow tank shields!? On that note, offhands can still be sold fairly well and are good for any other class that needs an offhand.

Orange Lightsabers: The lightsaber itself with just the blue modifications is crap compared to any level 15 orange lightsaber with updated artifact mods. And it takes three of the BoP items from HM FP's/OPs to craft a single one so trying to craft a lot for a augment crit is prohibitively expensive. Probably found a better artifact version before that sucker crits.

For the cost it takes to make decent item modifications... I'm perturbed that you can just go do a couple dailies and completely nullify their benefits.

I'm FINE with HM FP's and raid gear out-classing crafted items. That makes perfect sense to me, the crafted stuff should certainly be pre-raid, but why should the mods I can craft that cost so much time and credits to acquire be instantly outdated by the dailies? I hate it :( Note that other professions obviously also have this issue: Mods and Armorings are both instantly defeated by simple-to-complete dailies as well.

Also.... Shadow Tank offhands please. At least then I'd have one of the branching RE's to work towards.

Things like Artifice totally remove any doubt in my head why people do not bother with crafting and just go biochem. its the only crafting skill that has end game benefits that extend beyond just grinding. Unless artifice and other crafting skills get some sort of benefit for end game I fear the in game economy will crash because nothing will be made anymore. Everyone I know already is biochem, everyone but maybe 2 people in my guild is bio chem. People wont take you in raids unless you have bio chem stims.

For a game that was in alpha testing and beta testing for so many years and this is all we can get for it, this is really sad.

I think the bigger problem(I also feel your pain for artifice) is that even though we are required to raid to craft the higher end stuff. There is no need for that higher end stuff for raids. And everything being BoP, it's pointless. I say make the drops for items rare, give us some high level schematics, and change it to BoE. Let the crafting community boost the economy in game.

Artifice can make Enhancements, Hilts, Color Crystals, Offhands, BoP relics, and some orange lightsabers (with a particularly low chance of an augment slot). The problem is...All of these except the color crystals and relics are completely useless (I'm talking about the tier-2 RE'd artifact versions)

Enhancements: You can get a better, higher level version once *every single day* by doing a simple 5 minute daily quest in Ilum.

Hilts: You can get a better, higher level version by turning in a lousy 8 daily commendations which might take you around 30-50 minutes to acquire.

Offhands: There are ZERO level 40+ willpower shields that I can even use...so trying to craft one of these for myself is out the window. Where's the shadow tank shields!? On that note, offhands can still be sold fairly well and are good for any other class that needs an offhand.

Orange Lightsabers: The lightsaber itself with just the blue modifications is crap compared to any level 15 orange lightsaber with updated artifact mods. And it takes three of the BoP items from HM FP's/OPs to craft a single one so trying to craft a lot for a augment crit is prohibitively expensive. Probably found a better artifact version before that sucker crits.

For the cost it takes to make decent item modifications... I'm perturbed that you can just go do a couple dailies and completely nullify their benefits.

I'm FINE with HM FP's and raid gear out-classing crafted items. That makes perfect sense to me, the crafted stuff should certainly be pre-raid, but why should the mods I can craft that cost so much time and credits to acquire be instantly outdated by the dailies? I hate it :( Note that other professions obviously also have this issue: Mods and Armorings are both instantly defeated by simple-to-complete dailies as well.

Also.... Shadow Tank offhands please. At least then I'd have one of the branching RE's to work towards.

Artifice has 3 of the rarest patterns in game right now. They have plenty of potential to make money just on Magenta Crystals alone. I pull in about a Million Credits a day either crafting the pattern with people supplying the materials, or buying the mats myself on the trade network, crafting it, then posting the finished crystal back on the Trade Network.

At least you're not Armstech.

We have the same limitations only we can't craft offhands, enhancements, or colour crystals.

Meaning the only mod item we craft is barrels, and then 124 rating weapons.

We presently can't even get crafting recipes outside of world drops since our Mission skill is returning Armortech and Synthweaving schematics instead.

You should probably be happy that you're not armortech or synthweaving either, they don't get to craft any moddable items (which are always desirable for alts and companions).

I am happy with it so far, though I haven't reached end game content yet. I am only level 35 but have both Artifice and Arch at 400 and I easily clear 40k credits a day just from crystal sales on the GTN. I don't think there are many artificers on my server as there was a huge lack of enchancements/hilts on the GTN so I just started crafting the blue and purple level hilts and enhacnments and dropped them on the market, they usually sell within 30-45 minutes.

Ooohhh Artiface you smexy smexy crew skill skill cm'ere and get some loving you hot little tart ... oh wait I can't craft purple crystals?* .... you whore **** here!

*I dont consider less than 1% of population having access to something as it being 'craftable'*

It's not a higher level version, its the exact same version. Still bad, but means impatiant people will still buy them.

Same for Mods with the Belsavis Heroic.

The Hilts and Armorings from the Daily vendor are higher level though.

Artifice has 3 of the rarest patterns in game right now. They have plenty of potential to make money just on Magenta Crystals alone. I pull in about a Million Credits a day either crafting the pattern with people supplying the materials, or buying the mats myself on the trade network, crafting it, then posting the finished crystal back on the Trade Network.

That would be wonderful if the schematic for that wasn't a rare, BOP drop from a level 50 world boss. The average crafter isn't going to see that schematic for a long, long time.

I was just thinking to myself that I wish more people would craft purple lvl 49 tanking enhancements so I could outfit my pet for less then 70k a pop.

Good luck. The artifact 49's take 4 Corusca Gems. That's 60k worth of credits for that one mat. Add in gathering missions for the other mats, and I'm barely making a profit at 70k.

I was just thinking to myself that I wish more people would craft purple lvl 49 tanking enhancements so I could outfit my pet for less then 70k a pop.

you can get them, or crits..or power...or whatever off the Illum daily everyone has already mentioned.

30 Endurance

39 Shield rating

15 Absorbtion

Available to my Jedi Sage EVERY day at 6am CST. How much more "tanky" can you get?

Edited by DenitharPurloin

lol 60k? they're down to 5k a piece on mind trick. Don't assume the markets the same everywhere.

i make probably half a million a week just in artifact fragments, lvl 5 and 6, and power crystals.

For artifice i can clear a profit margin of 3-5k on blue enhancements, hilts, or crystals, whatever there's less of in the ah.

Then treasure hunter, the companion gift market is pretty huge, up to 20k for lvl 5 purps, and 5k on blues. I mean, Essentially if you aren't making money, you aren't trying. Look for what sells, and shift to that. stagger your sales, watch the market, undercut the competition, keep stock on hand to dump either mats or finished products when you see an opportunity.

A treasure hunting crit means a hell of a haul, since as you mentioned, corsuca gems, oranges, yellows and lorridians all probably sell great too.

Is your companion affection maxed out so you crit more often?

you can get them, or crits..or power...or whatever off the Illum daily everyone has already mentioned.

30 Endurance

39 Shield rating

15 Absorbtion

Available to my Jedi Sage EVERY day at 6am CST. How much more "tanky" can you get?

Yes I can get that one. I meant the one with defense which I would rather have. Where else are you going to get defense for your pet?

Yes I can get that one. I meant the one with defense which I would rather have. Where else are you going to get defense for your pet?

Defense is nice. But, it has a 0.03 multiplier on it. Shield chance has a 0.05 multiplier, and absorption has a 0.10 multiplier on it.

Many people become "dazzeled" by defense, and well they should...it would be awesome..IF we could stack it effectively. Unfortunately we cannot. Just think about the commando, a heavy armor character, and how he get "ripped apart". What is the difference between commando and Vanguard? A shield mate, a shield.

Besides, crafted earrings/implants/bracers/belt/shield...if they are done by someone who knows what they are doing, should have defense and shield chance on them. What they will lack is......ABSORPTION.

Try it m8, mitigation is great. Taking consistent damage beats blinking and your companion is dead any day of the week. :D

Hi all, this is my first mmo and i love it, asside the update crashing my system at the mo and il wait for the new patch. Crafting.... Ok my q being are; Im a lev 40 assassin but how do i get affection up? Plus i got treasure hunting to max lev although its cost me some creds. Archaeology (nearly maxed) and artifice stuck at level 40 i think. Ive got loads of gear stored, crystals, gems etc a lot of which being lev 6 i think too. I have other charactors on same server (the proginator uk) ive started sending things back to that have other crew skills. This and the galactic market ive not really looked into.. I would like to joinn a guild also to actually do some heroics and flashpoints rather tahn miss them and go for story.... Im sure im missing out on some great aspects of the game. Is keyboard and mouse best to use also? Thinking of getting a corsair mouse and keyboard etc to help. I love this game, but thought play as assassin (Kronoss) to get a feel, then play with a inq healer (Tralaya lev 22) ive managed to hold positions and win etc etc with her and her pocket heals as such. Anyhow sorry for dragging etc, and i hope to hear from someone soon. May the force be with all :0) :confused:

I agree completely. Artifice is a waste of time, credits and energy compared to Biochem. Everyone in my guild is specced in Biochem and I'm the only Artifice. Why, you may very well ask. Because I thought that crafting lightsaber components would be more in line with what a Jedi Knight would do.

That being said, Artifice can craft some incredibily powerful Rakata relics. However, there's no point in crafting more than 2 of those because they are all BoP and cant be sold. People were practically begging me to craft those for them but couldnt becuase they are all BoP.

Question. Why cant I have both Rakata relics and stims? Why cant i sell my Rakata relics and buy Rakata stims? I'm greeding on Biometric Crystal Alloys all the time yet I've got more than 20 already? Why? Because everything I craft with them is BoP.

Regardless of what the latest patch did Biochem is by far the most useful crew skill. Or maybe max Artifice first for the Rakata relic then retrain Biochem.

For those of you who say that they get millions of credits by selling magenta crystals I ask what do you need so much money for? To sit in your inventory? There are far more credits than items worth buying in this game.

Besides, the Belsavis world boss spawn location is constantly camped 24/7 on our server by multiple people. When he spawns immediately 3 or 4 guilds rush in to kill it.

Solution: make items tradeable and sellable on the GTN. Allow people to sell their most useful items on the GTN. And the most useful items for Artifice people are relics not magenta crystals on our server.

If you dont do that then everyone will just go Biochem. It's already happening anyways. I like Artifice personally, it should be a useful profession for a Jedi but if you dont make relics sellable in the future i will retrain in Biochem as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.