The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lowering loading screen time

Bamajawn

I'm currently running into loading screens that last up to a minute or so. I'm running a quad core AMD rig (Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition) with 8 gigs of memory, SSD drive, and a pair of Radeon 6770s in Crossfire under Win7 X64. Does anyone have any tips to get the time it takes to load screens down? I'm reading that a number of people are doing much better. Edited by Bamajawn

How populated your side of the sever is (aka Emp or Rep) determines how slow/fast you load. I load in about 10 seconds on our Rep side, because there are like 1/3 the number of Rep to Emp, and on my Emp char, it takes about a half minute to load into a planet/fleet.

Nothing you can really do to change that. Now if your loading time is in the couple of minute timeframe, like it is for some of the people posting on the forums, then the problem is entirely your computer, and there is a number of things that could cause it, but since that isn't your issue here, cuz your loading time is normal, I won't go into it.

Edited by Maeleena

How populated your side of the sever is (aka Emp or Rep) determines how slow/fast you load. I load in about 10 seconds on our Rep side, because there are like 1/3 the number of Rep to Emp, and on my Emp char, it takes about a half minute to load into a planet/fleet.

Interesting... I'm playing Imp on a heavy load server. I wasn't considering that it might be a server-side issue.

Edited by Bamajawn

I run a similar setup to you (i5-2400 @ 3.9GHz OC and nVidia GTX550Ti GPU) with an SSD same ram and OS, and my load screen times are really short (15-30 sec at most) compared to my laptop.

Could it be high server pop maybe? I would think that your processor is plenty strong enough for this game. I hate this solution but did you do a fresh Windows install before installing and running the game?

Edit: Oh.....any Anti-virus/anti-spyware software?

Edited by BlownSi

I'm playing this game for the story, so I loved making another toon. I actually have 5 chars ranging from 12 to 48, with three on rep side and 2 on emp. I love the Trooper! :D

Actually, I have a Trooper, Smuggler, and a Consular. I just prefer my Merc.

I run a similar setup to you (i5-2400 @ 3.9GHz OC and nVidia GTX550Ti GPU) with an SSD same ram and OS, and my load screen times are really short (15-30 sec at most) compared to my laptop.

Could it be high server pop maybe? I would think that your processor is plenty strong enough for this game. I hate this solution but did you do a fresh Windows install before installing and running the game?

By coincidence rather than design, I did a fresh load of Windows just before I got the game when I installed the SSD.

Loading times are awful, I'm on a light server, on Alderaan today, there were 11 people, it still took forever to load.

It's likely an optimisation issue.

I'm running a 3.3ghz hexacore processor.

Edited by Grotpar

By coincidence rather than design, I did a fresh load of Windows just before I got the game when I installed the SSD.

I hate it for you I am not sure what it could be. You have a pretty stout system. Connection latency possibly is my only other thought.

My load times are so long sometimes that I will be queued for PvP, come out of a match and when I finally load back in, I've missed the start of the next match and been taken out of queue... I have had 5 minute + load times... And people wonder why it took me so long to get to 50...

And my latency is 23-27 avg.

Edited by Belgaram