Sorc/Sage if you die to someone other than sorc/sage you are wrong

JBGames

Title says it all. Its as simple as this

Bubble, Affliction, Stun, Chain lightning, Chainlighting Check bubble(if down force run away/rinse and repeat)..

Force run needs a 3min CD, Bubble needs a 2min CD(non-healer spec), Chain lightning needs to not do as much damage as the sniper series of shots w/ 50% snare.

I think there will be a sorc nerf that comes through with OP nerf. It seems they are holding the OP nerf back a bit.

Thoughts?

You have obviously never played a sorcerer or ur not very good at it... /tell blackdiamond if u wanna l2p sorc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is 100% right.

It's not like most of the melee in this game have a leap, that interrupts and roots for two seconds.. Not like he can apply his snare right after and interrupt the next cast with his regular interrupt, not like he can stun right after that and then mez right after that stun is off, which would mean that for about 10-15 seconds, the caster can his kiss own *** goodby. In certain cases, it's not like certain classes can saber throw, leap, force push, leap a caster to make him pretty much useless for that whole time while being rag dolled around, oh, on top of that, it's not like they can't throw a stun and a force choke right after that..

Here is some advice.

Learn the resolve system.

Learn your class.

Understand that most melee classes have enough cooldowns in this game to lock ANYONE for an average of 10+ seconds... and if you can't kill that person in that given time, then you deserve to die to them.

They don't own people like that.. You know that. Your Sorc has infinite get out of jail cards. Force run, bubble, Force lighning thats out of wack.

The problem is its too easy to play and its pigeon holing me into having to play the class.

Which is it? A class with lots of abilities which require skill, or a 1-button ezmode class?

Make up your mind.

This guy is 100% right.

It's not like most of the melee in this game have a leap, that interrupts and roots for two seconds.. Not like he can apply his snare right after and interrupt the next cast with his regular interrupt, not like he can stun right after that and then mez right after that stun is off, which would mean that for about 10-15 seconds, the caster can his kiss own *** goodby. In certain cases, it's not like certain classes can saber throw, leap, force push, leap a caster to make him pretty much useless for that whole time while being rag dolled around, oh, on top of that, it's not like they can't throw a stun and a force choke right after that..

Here is some advice.

Learn the resolve system.

Learn your class.

Understand that most melee classes have enough cooldowns in this game to lock ANYONE for an average of 10+ seconds... and if you can't kill that person in that given time, then you deserve to die to them.

You just leave my juggernaut out of this... we are crying about Sorcs in this thread! :D

Which is it? A class with lots of abilities which require skill, or a 1-button ezmode class?

Make up your mind.

A class with too many abilities that if I my hand where to fall blindly on my keyboard it with CC my opponent to death while spaming force lightning.

You just leave my juggernaut out of this... we are crying about Sorcs in this thread! :D

These aren't just Juggies. This is pretty much any non-Sorc/Sage class in the game. People just don't have any understand of what interrupts do to casters, nor do they comprehend or understand that all the leaps and pushes have roots and interrupts on them.

Just leaping to someone, pushing him away and then leaping to him again, TAKES ZERO skill, yet it basically locks that target down for 5-7 sec... Throw a stun on top of that and then a mez, that Sorc or Sage is royally ****ed and there is no way in hell they'll stay alive through any focus fire.

Even with a guard... with all the leaps and pulls in this game, all it takes is one coordinated push or a pull to seperate the caster from the tank and they're dead within seconds.

SWTOR has really opened up my eyes to the failiures that most people are when it comes to competative PVP. I taught that it was bad in WoW and WAR but this totally takes the cake...

They don't own people like that.. You know that. Your Sorc has infinite get out of jail cards. Force run, bubble, Force lighning thats out of wack. If you die as a sorc 1on1 you are doing something wrong.

Um.... STEALTH!??!?!?!

This is such a ridiculous discussion...

A class with too many abilities that if I my hand where to fall blindly on my keyboard it with CC my opponent to death while spaming force lightning.

So, basically, you just were forced to admit that it takes skill.

p.s. your reply wasn't needed, I already exposed your hypocrisy with that post.

Sorry I have a 50Op, 41 Sniper now and a mid level Sorc. You cannot defend your broken sorc. There is a reason 50% of the server population plays one

The reason 50% play Sith Sorceror is because the animation looks cool. I have a much higher jedi sage that I don't like to play, because throwing rocks is not as cool.

I’m glad Bioware didn’t nerf any classes yet. Good lord, Rift started nerfing because of QQers and it’s been a mess ever since. If you think a class is OP, play one and see if it’s really OP or the fact that you lack the skills to PVP. It’s nothing personal, it’s just the facts. Not everyone can PVP, and if you get killed a lot, don’t immediately blame the class. If you want a leg up, get a nice mouse with multiple buttons, that might help. Also, don’t go off on a vendetta because someone killed you. Stick with a group and stick to the objective, you will have a better time in WF.

I’m glad Bioware didn’t nerf any classes yet. Good lord, Rift started nerfing because of QQers and it’s been a mess ever since. If you think a class is OP, play one and see if it’s really OP or the fact that you lack the skills to PVP. It’s nothing personal, it’s just the facts. Not everyone can PVP, and if you get killed a lot, don’t immediately blame the class. If you want a leg up, get a nice mouse with multiple buttons, that might help. Also, don’t go off on a vendetta because someone killed you. Stick with a group and stick to the objective, you will have a better time in WF.

Equally, don't campaign against nerfs altogether.

Thinking that the balance at launch will by default be correct and never need fixing is as bad as whining about everything which kills you.

i play a sorc myself and i think they might be slightly to strong right now. However no where close to "stun & regular rotation=win". ofc if you leave a sorc alone , deff if he specs for some mad *** burst dmg he'll be able to kill you *relatively* fast , im talking still 10 seconds AT LEAST with spamcasts. but if you start interupting its allot more diffult.

its like saying Tracer missiles are overpowered , they are not , they are overpowered when left alone , but if you interupt it then they can't do ****.

and btw , only reason people are seeing sorcs as OMG OP *** is because when you get ***** half the time its gonna be a sorc cuz its so overpopulated combined with U not knowing how to play against it. i've seen plenty of other classes destroy the intire warzone to.

the only thing they should do is tweak some of the abilities a lil bit BUT change one of the more anoying issues, like the whole medal system

I personally think they should have made the medals , 1x medal: "score a dmg OR heal crit of 2.5" , thats ONE medal , not 1 medal 2.5k crit , 1 medal 2.5k heal.

Then 1 medal for dealing dmg/healing a combined amount of 75k , 300k, possibly adding in the "defense" stuff in here to , wich means that each class should have the exact same amount of effort needed to receive medals.

Edited by Paralassa
content

If soc so powerfull (the best dps in game) why every 1 in general chat askin for sniper, BH, Operative to join HM flashpoint , Ops. If u lookin on chart after WZ soc is not in 1 place with damage. We often on first place but with medals that huge diffrence. We can easly get 8-9 medals in game. Our dps suck but we have few tricks to win 1v1.

If soc so powerfull (the best dps in game) why every 1 in general chat askin for sniper, BH, Operative to join HM flashpoint , Ops. If u lookin on chart after WZ soc is not in 1 place with damage. We often on first place but with medals that huge diffrence. We can easly get 8-9 medals in game. Our dps suck but we have few tricks to win 1v1.

Im not sure what WZ you play in but the ones I play in its always Sorc with 300k damage 100k heals and 0-2 deaths.

And to answer your question.... There are no dps parser in game and I bet if you put a dps Sorc/Sage in your PvE group they would do as much dps as any of those classes with alot more utility. Most people call for those classes because they are going off the descriptions bioware provided for the classes.

Title says it all. Its as simple as this

Bubble, Affliction, Stun, Chain lightning, Chainlighting Check bubble(if down force run away/rinse and repeat)..

Force run needs a 3min CD, Bubble needs a 2min CD(non-healer spec), Chain lightning needs to not do as much damage as the sniper series of shots w/ 50% snare.

I think there will be a sorc nerf that comes through with OP nerf. It seems they are holding the OP nerf back a bit.

Thoughts?

As a sorc i have a button that i press that one shots the whole opponent team while giving me a 100k bubble and wings so i can fly above everyone so i can spam lightning on them while waiting on my one shot skill CD of 10 secs. Def need a nerf.

As a sorc i have a button that i press that one shots the whole opponent team while giving me a 100k bubble and wings so i can fly above everyone so i can spam lightning on them while waiting on my one shot skill CD of 10 secs. Def need a nerf.

I Think that comes out 1.1.1

Just remove Force Speed from Sorcs. It's like the icing on top of their OP control cake. They don't need it and it doesn't make sense from a lore perspective either. Imagine Palpatine running at super speed.

I would be fine with that