Romancing between Players' Characters

PyonPyon

Hi Guys,

I was wondering about a love and romance matter in the game. Well, you can romance with your companions, and that is fine. But why can't you romance between other players' characters? Wouldn't be great if you could kiss, get engaged, maybe marry other players' characters? Would you like the game to be improved with this "romance-with-players'-character" feature?

Let me know what do you think^^ :jawa_wink:

Hi Guys,

I was wondering about a love and romance matter in the game. Well, you can romance with your companions, and that is fine. But why can't you romance between other players' characters? Wouldn't be great if you could kiss, get engaged, maybe marry other players' characters? Would you like the game to be improved with this "romance-with-players'-character" feature?

This is my response/ideas.

BioWare will likely ignore them, assuming they even look at this thread.

Implement a marriage system of sorts, allowing two players to wear a ring(Is purely cosmetic, doesn't affect a implant slot or anything) that allows them to have changing last-name legacies between characters, but only on those two characters. The last-name legacies can allow one such as "Berrian Vreinen" for example, to change his last name and his spouse's last name. The decision of who changes which name is up to them. Perhaps implement a system where you can make a new legacy altogether on these characters.

The Rest is what RPing is for.

As great as this might seem, it can only lead to BIG, BIG problems.

Think sleeze-bag male, who doesn't think twice about cheating on his significant other...

Seems innocent to "role-play" a romance, until the RL people can't separate fantasy from life. Isn't the U.S. divorce rate high enough already?

I had a "role-play" romance in another MMO and it got too intense, so I had to stop playing that character.

Edited by Force_Me

I commented on this sort of post in the suggestion forum recently, I agree it could be fun. It's weird that my husband and I can play our characters together and have all sorts.. and I mean ALL sorts of interaction with npcs but our own characters completely ignore each other. We tote around our make-believe spouses but have no way to show that we're actually special to each other. :o

I think it'd be cool. Even SWG had official "wedding rings" that you could give to your spouse, and the game would acknowledge that these two characters were married. I like the idea of increased Social points and the merging of Legacies. Maybe even some increased Legacy XP while these two characters adventure together?

There's a lot of possibility in this idea.

NO. Here are the reasons:

Jedi: LOVE IS FORBIDDEN CUZ LOVE IS A ZIN AND IT WILL LEAD TO THE DAK SIDE

Sith: YOUR WIFE/HUBBY WILL STAB YOU ON UR BAK AND LOVE MAKES YOU WEAK!

Agent: FOCUS ON UR MISHIN *not mission relevant*

Bounty Hunter: ONE NITE STAND FINE but it's possible.

Smuggler: YES YOU CAN

See? These are the reasons we can't have player - player romance, and not to mention your romance partner will jealous and stab you on your back as you're cheating on her/him.

Edited by HalloWorld

and not to mention your romance partner will jealous and stab you on your back as you're cheating on her/him.

It would be so amusing if one day I went on my ship and Malavai had a mission for me where he says "So, I've noticed you've been spending a lot of time with that bounty hunter lately.."

I'm assuming OP is looking for some sort of in-game mechanic to show character's from two accounts are married. Sharing a legacy name or something?

Not putting my views on this in here, but I did want to address the people who would be against something like this and are using the excuse that people won't be able to separate an in-game romance from a real life one. What's to stop this from happening already? Do you think people who RP will let the fact that there is no in-game mechanic allowing them to enter into romances stop them from doing so?

I'm assuming OP is looking for some sort of in-game mechanic to show character's from two accounts are married. Sharing a legacy name or something?

Not putting my views on this in here, but I did want to address the people who would be against something like this and are using the excuse that people won't be able to separate an in-game romance from a real life one. What's to stop this from happening already? Do you think people who RP will let the fact that there is no in-game mechanic allowing them to enter into romances stop them from doing so?

Nothing can stop it from happening, but why encourage it? I know this "sounds" fun, but people act differently when they can hide behind an avatar. Personally, I don't really care if someone gets their jollies from creating a "fantasy" marriage, but I would bet a year's salary that it would be less than a month before complaints of "creeps" or "weirdos" or "harassment" would start. I mean, geez, don't we play RPGs to get away from these real life fiascos?

And the worst case scenario, which is why it probably would never happen, what does BW do if an adult "hooks up" with some underage kid and arranges a real life meeting? I'm just saying, there are way too many "sickos" out there for this to end good.

Edited by Force_Me

As great as this might seem, it can only lead to BIG, BIG problems.

Think sleeze-bag male, who doesn't think twice about cheating on his significant other...

Seems innocent to "role-play" a romance, until the RL people can't separate fantasy from life. Isn't the U.S. divorce rate high enough already?

I had a "role-play" romance in another MMO and it got too intense, so I had to stop playing that character.

The divorce rate can be as high as it fracking wants to be.

Wanna know why?

Because the other part ends in death.:D

I'm a big fan of the NPC/Companion Romance and marriage. I was kinda creeped out to here rumors they wanted to make it so there could be divorce with your companions. I said it should be "player controlled, which leads me to:

I think it would be awesome that if you are married to your companion then the system didn't let you marry a real player until you divorced your companion first! First is an awkward story asking you to re consider. Then of course you lose like 5000 affection and then your companion cuts you off with. Awesome. Lets do it!

I'm all down for consequences for actions.

I think it would be awesome that if you are married to your companion then the system didn't let you marry a real player until you divorced your companion first! First is an awkward story asking you to re consider. Then of course you lose like 5000 affection...

And half your credits. And your good speeder. Maybe a side-story where you have to go through a lengthy rigamarole to get your ship back.

Hi Guys,

Like fable 3, fun but a little weird.

I like this idea too, although, got to be careful where it leads to :p Well some one pointed out Jedi are not allowed to Marry or have relationships, well it certainly didn't stop them did it ? Some of the most well known and powerful Jedi were born from so called Forbidden love affairs, that the council actually even knew about. Some kids born from those unions either become some of the best well known characters from Star Wars history, or went on to becoming dark jedi/Sith.

Actually, marriages could work much better in this game than in real life, as the characters in the game won't be getting into arguments about why one didn't take out the trash, who's turn it is to do the dishes, no you're cooking tonight and I mean actually cooking not just ordering take-out, who's fault it is the droid's motivator is stuck again, and for the love of the Cosmic Balance would you PLEASE lift the lid in the refresher!?!?!

I like the idea, though I don't know about limiting it to marriages. Perhaps marriages would be the only thing that shared legacies, but let you develop your own player 'companions' so have up to a party's worth (only 4 in this game so not a huge number) of premium friends marked as companions. When partied with companions, you could gain bonus pve effects, extra social points, etc.