The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Getting put into in progress WZs needs to stop

BombasticHoydens

Anyone who's on a server where there side frequently loses knows exactly why I say this, I think 75% of my que's are in progress games of Alderaan and Huttball. That is, 3 cap Alderaan and 0-5 Huttballs. You look at the scoreboard at the ends of these games and one team cycled out nearly 3 entire groups every time.

This isn't fun, my options are limited to simply abandon that WZ which will obviously be a loss or make the best of it and get some medals and take the loss. But why am I being punished for a bunch of quitters who messed up their own game then decided to leave me to play clean up?

It will stop as soon as they add a penalty for leaving warzones, the problems are for the most part linked.

True, but I can tell you right now that it won't be solved. I played League of Legends for quite a long time, and I would say the penalty from leaving or otherwise screwing over a game was quite large since you couldn't do anything until it finished and it could go on for well over an hour. That's not even counting rank loss and other things.

Point being, people are a bunch of quitters in any online game and even a penalty won't stop them from raging and leaving matches then probably whining in general chat while they're in the "penalty box".

Fact is it's just not fair to send people to these horrible half complete games, and if there's a penalty for leaving it means that if I'm sent to one I can't even leave and instead just have to accept it with a smile.

The only appropriate way to solve it (if a solution is even needed) is allow a surrender option that can be invoked 1-2 minutes in.

Like the previous poster mentioned about LoL, people will leave no matter what the penalty is. Is it annoying that people leave? Yes, but you have to keep in mind, losing is not fun, and you cannot make someone spend their time not having fun.

Also keep in mind, part of the problem is that the daily requires 3 wins. With the bug with wins not counting, this could take 5-6 wins, which could take 3-4 hours of straight pvp'ing to achieve. Not everyone has this much time to spend just to finish one daily. So they leave, desperately trying to get the wins they need. If the daily said "win 1, and participate in 3", we would see less leavers.

After the daily is completed, losing really isnt that bad, as you still get a good amount of valor and commendations.

People will stop leaving Warzones when:

1. Bioware fixes the Exploits in Alderaan & Huttball.

2. When they stop putting people in games that are already in progress.

3. When they ALLOW US TO MAKE OPS PREMADES!!!

4. When they allow craftable PvP gear (Gear with Expertise on it) or take expertise out of the game period. This will allow most WZ's to be more centered around Skill and communication rather than gear dependent teams.

The main reason why people leave games are due to all of the above.

1. Nobody wants to be put into the tail end of a losing game. (I Would rather ride the bench Coach!)

2. WE ARE TIRED OF THE EXPLOITS!

3. ALLOW US TO MAKE OUR OWN PREMADE OPS GROUPS!? (Why is this not in the game already?) Probably due to issue number four below...

4. Nobody wants to be put against teams that is comprised of fully geared Battlemasters, especially not fresh 50's. This is an unfair advantage that Bioware created and must fix.

5. Believe it or not, people still have lag issues and get booted to Desktop.

Edited by PinkSugar

Anyone who's on a server where there side frequently loses knows exactly why I say this, I think 75% of my que's are in progress games of Alderaan and Huttball. That is, 3 cap Alderaan and 0-5 Huttballs. You look at the scoreboard at the ends of these games and one team cycled out nearly 3 entire groups every time.

This isn't fun, my options are limited to simply abandon that WZ which will obviously be a loss or make the best of it and get some medals and take the loss. But why am I being punished for a bunch of quitters who messed up their own game then decided to leave me to play clean up?

No, they need to fill WZ's that people leave...stop thinking of only yourself.

Would you prefer to be punished when your team quits and no one is brought in to replace them due to the above requested change?

Being put into a wz in progress is a symptom of people leaving, which needs fixing of its own. One, we'd need to be able to pick our warzone, some people just will not play some maps. Two, daily'd need to be changed to warzones completed instead of wins to discourage the leaving for the daily thing that is the main reason a lot of people quit - I also believe the people who dislike some maps may actually stay and play them with this system because it will count for their daily now. Three, we'd need a system to boot afkers to preempt the rise in them.

I know someone will reply to me saying deserter debuff would fix it, but it honestly wouldn't change a damn thing.

Would you prefer to be punished when your team quits and no one is brought in to replace them due to the above requested change?

Yes , I have quit and will quit or stop qing if they add any punishment for leaving , unless they add a Q for new game only.

If the game is that lopsided , getting farmed is not some thing I'm willing to do just so your game gets to run full time.

I leave any and all game that are all ready running . I do not won't to be put in your game that 20 players have all ready left.

Give us a Q New game only. That fixes 3/4 of the player drops as the game closes up and less players are Q'ed for it. Solves the 8 minute premade vs pug farms in hutball to as the game closes when one team gets sick of being farmed.

I stick around and when I'm in a pug getting farmed , as ill just farm shilds add to my favor, but will hit leave right away if the Q is all ready running.

Edited by Rallic

Yes , I have quit and will quit or stop qing if they add any punishment for leaving , unless they Ed a Q for new game only.

If the game is that lopsided , getting farmed is not some thing I'm willing to do just so your game gets to run full time.

I leave any and all game that are all ready running . I do not won't to be put in your game that 20 players have all ready left.

Give us a Q New game only. That fixes 3/4 of the player drops as the game closes up and less players are Q'ed for it. Solves the 8 minute premade vs pug farms in hutball to as the game closes when one team gets sick of being farmed.

I stick around and when I'm in a pug getting farmed , as ill just farm shilds add to my favor, but will hit leave right away if the Gale is all ready running.