This game does not have enough hotbars avaliable

MercArcher

I have all 4 action bars showing, I have every button on all 4 bars bound, and I am unable to keybind everything that I need keybound. This game needs more action bars desperately and fast.

Need more cowbell.......and bars

Edited by TheHeadCapper

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely enjoy more action bars.

I know some will criticize the reference, but the Bartender addon for WoW was a great example of proper customization for the UI. You could reposition, resize, and rearrange every action bar you were allowed, along with on-the-fly keybinding. As I use a Logitech G15 keyboard, I've always used the macro keys on it for keybinding my primary abilities, that way I have 18 keys easily accessible without having to move my hand all over the keyboard or press CTRL/Shift for every other action.

I highly recommend the TOR developers to implement something similar in the upcoming UI changes.

(inb4 "DURR GO BAk 2 WoW" morons)

Like some others have said, I'd be happy to just move and resize them. Having one bar way over there and another bar way other there and another bar way over there just makes it so I don't use all my stuff.

I highly recommend the TOR developers to implement something similar in the upcoming UI changes.

Hopefully they do, maybe there wouldn't be as much clamoring for add ons

Edited by grania

Not everyone is as elite as you are, and who the heck can remember 48 keybindings by using CTRL and ALT? And talk about being fast and flexible with your fingers too..... Everyone is not uber korean starcraft players.

Played WoW for some time and then you get used to it. In WoW I have 36+ buttons binded to my razer naga alone and then Im not even counting the keybinds on the keyboard.

But in that game PVP is much faster and more fluid, but also you can use macros to speed some parts up.

And it has nothing to do with speed. Its about learning your class and every ability. Then when you get good at it you don't need to look on your action bar for the buttons, you will know what button to push.

I just want to move and resize them.

I'd like to have all 4 bars horizontally, stacked on top of each other. And I'd scale them down abour 35%.

Having bars on each side sucks. I hated it on wow and modded my UI as soon as stable UI's were available after launch in 04.

And it has nothing to do with speed. Its about learning your class and every ability. Then when you get good at it you don't need to look on your action bar for the buttons, you will know what button to push.

That doesn't make much sense, what you're describing is learning where you bound your abilities, not knowing which one to use

I just want to move and resize them.

I'd like to have all 4 bars horizontally, stacked on top of each other. And I'd scale them down abour 35%.

Having bars on each side sucks. I hated it on wow and modded my UI as soon as stable UI's were available after launch in 04.

Bars on the side are fine if they are for lesser-used things. Stance toggles or the long buffs, for example. Or for your speeder.

4 bars at 12 slots per bar equals 48 slots in total. Just checked my BH and they don't have anything close to more then 48 abilities that need to be Key-bound. And as you cannot make a macro I don't see the need for more.

Good for you.

As a Juggernaut, I don't have enough buttons for everything I want to put on them.

And it's 45, not 48, as the in-zone Voidstar map covers the top 3 on the right bar. Sure, you can make sure you put non-pvp abilities there, but honestly the top right location is where I want medpacks/consumables - things I would use in PvP.

Simply not being able to move the 4 given hotbars was an incredible oversight for an MMO (and I know it's being "fixed"), but only 4 hotbars was another incredible oversight, as is the lack of UI scaling/unable to not show portraits, etc.

Played WoW for some time and then you get used to it. In WoW I have 36+ buttons binded to my razer naga alone and then Im not even counting the keybinds on the keyboard.

But in that game PVP is much faster and more fluid, but also you can use macros to speed some parts up..

Add to that the 100+ shortcuts i use for photoshop and flash everyday i think i'll skip learning 50 more for a game.

Bars on the side are fine if they are for lesser-used things. Stance toggles or the long buffs, for example. Or for your speeder.

Extra versatility in placing all 4 bars can't hurt. So I think the dev team should definitely add the option for us to move/reposition/resize all the hotbars.

My personal preference is to have *ALL* my hotbars stacked right next to each other. Not some on one side of the screen and the others on the other side.

And it's 45, not 48, as the in-zone Voidstar map covers the top 3 on the right bar. Sure, you can make sure you put non-pvp abilities there, but honestly the top right location is where I want medpacks/consumables - things I would use in PvP.

There are 60 slots in total, so that should help a bit if you're not using the other 12.

Edited by daemian

One other thing that I don't see many people mentioning: the effect of so many bars on your playing window.

Adding extra bars--even if you can resize them--is going to cover more of your gameworld window, which can be a nuisance and also detract from the playing experience. This is why we could also use a viewport that allows you to shrink your gameworld window and put the UI elements--bars, maps, chat windows--outside of that window.

But again this is why Bioware's decision not to allow any UI mods is so shortsighted: there are so many ways the gameplay experience could be improved via UI improvements, but since Bioware is trying to do it all itself instead of letting the players implement what they want it will take YEARS (if ever) to get what we want instead of months.

Edited by ptwonline

I find that at level 19 Operative I am filling most of my bars. A little more real estate is definitely needed, though I presume this will be addressed in the UI patch.

Different people play different ways. The customization should be there. Though really I'd just be happy with being able to keep more bars at the bottom of my screen....

I find that at level 19 Operative I am filling most of my bars. A little more real estate is definitely needed, though I presume this will be addressed in the UI patch.

Different people play different ways. The customization should be there. Though really I'd just be happy with being able to keep more bars at the bottom of my screen....

No offense, this is a serious question: how are you using 60 abilities at level 19?

When you know which one to use you will press it automatically without having to watch your hotbars.

No! It's two completely different skill sets. One is understanding how your class works and knowing which ability is the appropriate one to use. That has nothing to do with clicking vs keybinding.

The other is um, keyboard skill? I'm not sure what to call it. And it's about memorization and dexterity; your own personal real life competence with a keyboard.

Keybinding won't help me regardless of how well (or not) I understand my class, because I don't have keyboard skill. If in high school I had known how important it would be later in life, I wouldn't be hunt and pecking out this comment right now :o

But I certainly agree I'd be better at online games in general if I were skilled at both. *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...

Just do it like DDO did please.

You have per default 10 hotbars, switchable via shift 0-9.

You can detach each one of them from the main hotbar switch into its own hotbar, so you could theoretically have 10 hotbars open. And ofc, you can map and move them around aswell as align them horizontally/vertically as you please.

Edited by dyneol