Hutball is awful. Fire whomever designed it.

Jesmcalli

I dont mind huttball I just ask when people have the ball not everyone on the team get right near them so the pass if for 3 ft which can be pointless. Try to get to the edges so the person with the ball can see you to make a pass. But I digress. :D Over all not too bad but I agree takes getting use too and this is coming from someone who has played a million times to only score twice. :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's one of "those" threads. Hutball has to be the single most terrible design for a PVP map I have ever had the displeasure of playing. RNG air vents? Really? What is the purpose of even having them, since if you want to reliably get to the upper levels, you have to run around and go up the ramp anyways? Flame vents? Yeah, those would be great if they weren't instant death, which is pretty much anytime you're near one, since you'll get KB'd into it or stunned while running over one. If resolve worked, and players had CC break that actually mattered, I suppose the obstacles could be called clever design, but since one doesn't work, and the other is pretty much irrelevant, it's not. I hope whomever designed this has since been fired, and blackballed from designing so much as an iphone app. Oh, and I'd pass the ball, but I can't do that while stunned.

This seems like a massive L2P issue.

My only problem with Huttball is that certain classes have a distinct advantage and if you go up against a team with a lot of Force Leaping/Pulling abilities you're in trouble even if they aren't necessarily good at PvP. I'd like to see either certain abilities not work in Huttball, or everyone get a temporary ability like grapple or something. As a Scoundrel healer, I hate Huttball. I have to go the long way around every time, and without fail the ball carrier will leap out of my healing range.

The nice thing is since I play Republic, I don't get Huttball as much as some, because I love the other 2 maps.

Probably one of the best designed WarZones of all time actually.

Agreed. OP is insane. Huttball is a refreshing and innovative WZ that is a pleasure to play. The only problem with it is Empire plays it about 300% more than Repub so we lose a lot. But that has nothing to do with it's design. It is one of the most inspired PVP concepts I have seen in any game.

Huttball is a great design. Only real problem with Huttball is the Firepits. It should be designed to do the same type of damage to a person just starting out to pvp to somebody with Battlemaster gear. Im not saying exact dmg as obviously gear should matter. But not being able to stand in the fire and be stunned in it to be whirwind right after and not even lose 10% of health. Otherwise everything else is perfect. And remember, they encourage cheating in huttball.

huttball would be fine if it wasnt part of a compulsory gear grind.

make it a separate queue, make it premade vs premade, give it league tables and it would be a fun esport.

as it is it's still the most fun of the 3 warzones when in a 4 man group and the other 4 on your team know what they're doing, otherwise its very hit and miss.

My only problem with Huttball is that certain classes have a distinct advantage and if you go up against a team with a lot of Force Leaping/Pulling abilities you're in trouble even if they aren't necessarily good at PvP. I'd like to see either certain abilities not work in Huttball, or everyone get a temporary ability like grapple or something. As a Scoundrel healer, I hate Huttball. I have to go the long way around every time, and without fail the ball carrier will leap out of my healing range.

The nice thing is since I play Republic, I don't get Huttball as much as some, because I love the other 2 maps.

Let's not encourage ridiculous ideas like this. Some classes will shine in some WZs. Should we take away AOE abilities in Voidstar because it's not fair that AOE easily hits clusters of players are at the doors for massive damage? No.

Air vents should rarely be used in proper play anyway. There are so many passing lanes that the point man controlling the ball at mid can pass to.

The ONLY thing I could possibly think of that I would tweak is the damage from the enviromental hazards. Fresh 50s getting caught in the acid or fire are instant death. Geared players (most especially geared tanks) can take a few ticks of it no problem and there's more margin of error for Resolve/Trinket CD management. I'd prefer if it was an enviromental hazard equally dangerous for all.

Let's not encourage ridiculous ideas like this. Some classes will shine in some WZs. Should we take away AOE abilities in Voidstar because it's not fair that AOE easily hits clusters of players are at the doors for massive damage? No.

Which class doesn't have a single AoE ability though?

I don't like HuttBall only because it favors the classes with more mobility and cc than others.

If they dropped the cc-breaker to a 1 minute rt and fixed resolve that would go a long way towards making Huttball bearable.

Also, I really don't like getting forced into kill-or-be-killed scenarios with people from my faction (allies/friends) which happens too frequently on my server for some reason even though Imps outnumber Reps (and I play Rep).

Edited by WaywardOne