PvP Carnage spec vid

Heraseth

Hey guys, I've uploaded a vid of the carnage spec pvp play, its about 20 mins with commentary and some explanation of the role for the spec and what to look for.

Some helpful tips and entertainment is the goal so here's the link

I'll try to cover Rage spec this evening after work and annihilation over the weekend

Please be aware this is a week old lvl 50 and not maxed out in gear.

PvE carnage spec for PvP video? Something is wrong...

P.S. Oh, w8. No def roll... it's not even PvE.

Well the carnage tree doesn't exactly give much more choice now does it?

The only difference i can see is swapping out enraged slash for payback and enr scream, but this is a personal preference, -1 rage usage for massacre and VT feel more useful.

However I'm open to enlightenment :)

I would say its worth it atm. You may want to take out the 2 points in malice or Ravager(seeing as this talent benefits our two buggiest moves). Malice only effects Ataru Form strikes for us. Smash is good too but we should not be using it at all, especially since you arent specced in it, but i have seen other Carnage Marauders spec into it(not sure why)

I also noticed you are at 103% accuracy(which tells me you are most likely in full Champion gear). I am in full Champion gear as well and just recently made a small change to my build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZuMrbddrRrsZhM.1

I took points out of Narrow Hatred and got Malice. I still dont miss when attacking in PvP and now have an increased Crit chance on my Ataru Form strikes. When they Fix choke and Ravage I will probably switch Stagger out for Ravager, Gore + Power Relic/Adrenal + Ravage + Force scream is GODLY. I just didnt see a point with the extra accuracy. What makes it worse is that with Battlemaster Gear, we gain an extra 100 Accuracy when we switch out all our Champion gear.

Im still waiting for the video to load, When its done ill let you know what I think :)

Edited by AcaciaDragon

Heres a few points:

Your playing Carnage as if it where Annhilation. You cant do that. The two are very different. Annhilation allows you to either dot a whole bunch of targets up, or focus on one to try and kill them. You kept switching targets and not focusing one down. Carnage relies on staying on one target and keeping him/her in focus. We are very good at distracting healers in PvP. Forcing them to heal themselves rather than the op.

Stop using Rupture. This was the biggest thing holding you back. You arent speced into it. It costs you 1/4 of your max rage. Instead use that Rage on Force Scream, Massacre. You werent using either of them enough. Massacre will hit for 1.6k-3k per hit(adding ataru form and possible crit).

You were using Gore alot thats good, but werent following it up or setting yourself up to stay in range. Root + Gore + Force scream is epic. Always use Gore before a Force Scream.

Always Charge and do a Battering assault. Thats 10 Rage in 2 seconds.

Gore+ Ravage + force scream really fast, EPIC EPIC damage.

Force Scream should always be on Cooldown. Always make sure you have at least 4-5 rage, then Massacre into a force Scream. 3k damage on average in 2 seconds.

Your Force Scream crits were low. Something is not right with that. 1.5k for a Crit. Maybe it was cuz you were doing it to a tank. I cant remember, mine tend to crit for that against a tank. Prioritize your targets, ignore tanks if you can and go for Mercs, Sorc, Snipers,other Marauders. It takes too much for us to try and take a Tank.

I know there is a serious lack of Carnage videos out there to showcase what this spec is capable of so here is a recording I did earlier this week. I apologize for the Quality. Having alot of technical trouble getting a good quality stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/wingweaver415/b/306471803

Malice only effects Ataru Form strikes for us. Smash is good too but we should not be using it at all, especially since you arent specced in it, but i have seen other Carnage Marauders spec into it(not sure why)

I agree about the bug reasons with using ravager but for me a small bug isn't enough reason not to take 10 seconds on force choke, would come down to which would actually be more beneficial from the remaining 1st tiers.

Also on the note of malice, i was under the impression, choke, scream, smash and ataru form hits were affected by this 3 of which I use quite a lot, but again open for thought.

The accuracy talent is actually bugged as it applies 6% to melee instead of 3 to force..etc, I have 5 pieces of champ gear and without talents I'm only 97%, can try this yourself if you have time :)

The only other difference i see in your spec is your being forced to pop pointed into defensive roll, which I don't personally feel the need to as I see this as a pure pve mechanic to help healers, but if you are however capped in accuracy, your either forced to spend the points to tier up, or alternatively put the accuracy in anyway for your OH damage which again open for thought :)

Finally please be aware i don't generally pvp as carnage, it was for video purposes, so i have some old annihilation habits

Hey guys, I've uploaded a vid of the carnage spec pvp play, its about 20 mins with commentary and some explanation of the role for the spec and what to look for.

Some helpful tips and entertainment is the goal so here's the link

I'll try to cover Rage spec this evening after work and annihilation over the weekend

Please be aware this is a week old lvl 50 and not maxed out in gear.

Im sorry man i was very disapointed in how it was played... this isnt the anni spec its the carnage spec. carnage is for roots and to stay on target and burn asap. you should start off with cloak on and beat em down... i am constantly seeing you run away from targets trying to save yourself while infact they are man handeling you at range... the heals that are stationed in game should be yours for the taking... open up on a target have ur cd's in a set order depending on scenario and murk that guy down. now yes as carnage u may be at 10-25 percent hp left that when you use camo grab the heal and get back to work... you wernt being very viable too the team in this case by being way off the door kiting range as a melee. in pvp YES you will die unless you get quite a bit of luck and healing tokens. but when you start kiting like you did all you did was add an afk'r pretty much to the team. and regardless even if u get one guy to 10 percent while 5 kill u ur team will be able to even the odds and kill that one fast. i see you have a great knowlege in how the specs you show are working but your actions in using the skills and the class are not on par. by no means am i being an *** or trying to be rude im just stating the facts that i saw in the video

Edited by Warlordomega

I agree about the bug reasons with using ravager but for me a small bug isn't enough reason not to take 10 seconds on force choke, would come down to which would actually be more beneficial from the remaining 1st tiers.

Also on the note of malice, i was under the impression, choke, scream, smash and ataru form hits were affected by this 3 of which I use quite a lot, but again open for thought.

The accuracy talent is actually bugged as it applies 6% to melee instead of 3 to force..etc, I have 5 pieces of champ gear and without talents I'm only 97%, can try this yourself if you have time :)

The only other difference i see in your spec is your being forced to pop pointed into defensive roll, which I don't personally feel the need to as I see this as a pure pve mechanic to help healers, but if you are however capped in accuracy, your either forced to spend the points to tier up, or alternatively put the accuracy in anyway for your OH damage which again open for thought :)

Finally please be aware i don't generally pvp as carnage, it was for video purposes, so i have some old annihilation habits

Force choke only hits for about 400-600 damage a tick. So boosting that by 6% for an extra 200-300 damage per tick(if they let you get it off or it doesn't bug out) doesn't seem worth it just for that. Also It can only be used at most 7 -8 times a WZ. Force scream is already insta crit as a Carnage mara. So Ataru form is the one it benefits the most from.

The accuracy talent inst bugged. Have you ever seen yourself miss? I still have not seen myself miss. Also force Accuracy starts at 100% and goes up where as Melee accuracy starts at 90%. You sure your only at 97%? Go to 1:49 sec of your video. Your accuracy clearly states 103% after buffs(113% Force Accuracy). I am also looking at my current Accuracy and it tells me i have exactly 10% more accuracy to my special(force) attacks. OH accuracy doesnt count as the damage that it gives is awful.

Alot of abilities in PvP are AOE(Tracer missile is too isnt it? I assume we take 30% less damage but it might not work that way). You said at the beginning we are really squishy but we have the most defensive cooldowns of any class. the extra 30% extra reduced damage from AOE's only improves our survive-ability. But i do agree, the last 4 points we can spend are more for personal preference, but as I gain more Accuracy I am finding ways to further optimize the spec. I really want to grab the Ravager Talent but I feel im wasting two points everytime Ravage Bugs out.

You sure your only at 97%? Go to 1:49 sec of your video. Your accuracy clearly states 103% after buffs(113% Force Accuracy).

Yeah I don't quite understand what's with this talent, but for argument's purpose i've just unspec'd as i'll be focusing on rage spec this evening, time granted.

Here's a screeny - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/unspeccedhera.jpg/

now why it jumps from 97 to 103 is questionable with and without that talent

Yeah I don't quite understand what's with this talent, but for argument's purpose i've just unspec'd as i'll be focusing on rage spec this evening, time granted.

Here's a screeny - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/unspeccedhera.jpg/

now why it jumps from 97 to 103 is questionable with and without that talent

Ataru form grants another 3% accuracy. Thats whats going on here. Carnage marauders can have a total of 6%(3% ataru form, 3% narrow hatred) additional accuracy. Hence why i said earlier i took points out of Narrow Hatred as i jsut had way too much accuracy than was needed.

Edited by AcaciaDragon

. by no means am i being an *** or trying to be rude im just stating the facts that i saw in the video

Well thanks for the feedback, always interesting to read.

And you are right, i'm an anni speced pvper so some immediate habits are hard to break, probably should have just moved rupture off the bar, lesson learned.

Have to disagree with the afker bit though, I think this class is ridiculous in how easily it can be killed and I want to break that rule becuase i don't think its "ok" to just be a sacrificial lamb and die for the sake of a KB, I was in position and scored after a few attempts, which secured the game ontop of boosting and keep people of the ball, i was also assisting damage on every target with this play and by the end i had what? 43 kills, i wouldn't say that too bad, remember it a live commented entertainment video to show how well you can use the spec in mid gear, not a high end heavily edited check my epic damage vid.

Ataru form grants another 3% accuracy. Thats whats going on here. Carnage marauders can have a total of 6%(3% ataru form, 3% narrow hatred) additional accuracy. Hence why i said earlier i took points out of Narrow Hatred as i jsut had way too much accuracy than was needed.

And there is the kicker, a complete misread of this forms ability, thanks for that m8, i actually thought this was a damage increase.

Well thanks for the feedback, always interesting to read.

And you are right, i'm an anni speced pvper so some immediate habits are hard to break, probably should have just moved rupture off the bar, lesson learned.

Have to disagree with the afker bit though, I think this class is ridiculous in how easily it can be killed and I want to break that rule becuase i don't think its "ok" to just be a sacrificial lamb and die for the sake of a KB, I was in position and scored after a few attempts, which secured the game ontop of boosting and keep people of the ball, i was also assisting damage on every target with this play and by the end i had what? 43 kills, i wouldn't say that too bad, remember it a live commented entertainment video to show how well you can use the spec in mid gear, not a high end heavily edited check my epic damage vid.

while i see your point the base of carnage is to big hit the guy and blow him up and to stay on target... thats what its built for u are a single not multi target guy. u can burn 1 target super fast which relieves preasure

Edited by Warlordomega

Heres a few points:

Your playing Carnage as if it where Annhilation. You cant do that. The two are very different. Annhilation allows you to either dot a whole bunch of targets up, or focus on one to try and kill them. You kept switching targets and not focusing one down. Carnage relies on staying on one target and keeping him/her in focus. We are very good at distracting healers in PvP. Forcing them to heal themselves rather than the op.

Stop using Rupture. This was the biggest thing holding you back. You arent speced into it. It costs you 1/4 of your max rage. Instead use that Rage on Force Scream, Massacre. You werent using either of them enough. Massacre will hit for 1.6k-3k per hit(adding ataru form and possible crit).

You were using Gore alot thats good, but werent following it up or setting yourself up to stay in range. Root + Gore + Force scream is epic. Always use Gore before a Force Scream.

Always Charge and do a Battering assault. Thats 10 Rage in 2 seconds.

Gore+ Ravage + force scream really fast, EPIC EPIC damage.

Force Scream should always be on Cooldown. Always make sure you have at least 4-5 rage, then Massacre into a force Scream. 3k damage on average in 2 seconds.

Your Force Scream crits were low. Something is not right with that. 1.5k for a Crit. Maybe it was cuz you were doing it to a tank. I cant remember, mine tend to crit for that against a tank. Prioritize your targets, ignore tanks if you can and go for Mercs, Sorc, Snipers,other Marauders. It takes too much for us to try and take a Tank.

I know there is a serious lack of Carnage videos out there to showcase what this spec is capable of so here is a recording I did earlier this week. I apologize for the Quality. Having alot of technical trouble getting a good quality stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/wingweaver415/b/306471803

I dont think armor pen affects force attacks