Will Star Wars ever be re-made?

Shadyia

Think of it...

Star Trek

Battlestar Galatica

Superman

Batman

The Hobbit

...the list goes on. All once graced the big screen and all were re-done with new actors, new stories and new plots (for better or worse).

Will this happen with Star Wars?

Of course, it all comes down to Darth Lucus, who up until now has been "I don't want to do it, but I don't want anyone else to do it either." :mad:

Personally, I don't see this happening in the next 10 years, but I think it will.

Maybe...just maybe...we will get the Star Wars we know exists. No Ewoks. No Jar-jar. Not as grim and depressing as the re-make of BSG, but with that edge that invites one to choose between the Light Side and the Dark Side, the ways the games have done.

Will it happen?

Gods I hope not. The original SW film is one of only two of the films that is actually good. All the remakes of films they have done over the past decades has done nothing but given us films that pale in comparison to their originals.

So yes then, re-makes are a good idea. Think of it, if they pale in comparison, it will make you appreciate the prequels more :D

I really hope not, they have thousands of years before that to make movies about, or easily make movies set a few hundered years later, at a time after all the main characters are dead. You can have links to the future or past, depending on what period it's set in, but you don't need to redo 1-6.

I think eventually it's inevitable, although not for a very long time. I'm guessing the SW universe would have to be public domain before it ever happens. Lucas is keeping them up to date with his tweaks and CG stuff. Personally, I think that's exactly how it should be done.

They will be remade eventually, everything is, and they will be better. Every one of the franchises mentioned was better, except Battlestar Galactica. Starbuck, as a chick? Blasphemy. Everyone who participated in the BSG remake should be lobotomized and sentenced to work in Cloud City as middle management.

Eventually, Lucas will become one with the cutting room floor, and his inheritors will be presented an offer. "Just sign here and we can guarantee you Xmillion dollars in profit...."

Think about all the Star Wars fanatics that don't play MMO's and aren't playing TOR or reading this forum... There will probably be riots if such a thing was ever officially announced...

I must admit though, I couldn't imagine any actors replacing the ones in IV, V and VI...

Like a couple of people have already said, I'd like to see some movies with different characters from different periods of time, plenty of drama/action, story and characters that we can love/hate

Why would you want the movies to be remade, all remakes are not as good as the originals.

All six movies are awesome, i love every one of them and think George Lucas has made the six best movies of all time. I would like to see Lucas make Episodes 7, 8 and 9, though i far they will never be made

I believe it will, though I hope not I would rather stay with the Star Wars I've grown up with.

This is exactly why I do want a remake. Without a remake, GL keeps tinkering with the Star Wars I grew up on.

I think if he just did remakes of the OT to match the prequels exactly, he could just leave the originals alone and I could have them as they were when I first saw them.

If he did that, I would even pay to see the remakes. I think they could be fun movies, and they would be separate from the ones I grew up with.

As it is, they are slowly becoming remakes anyway, with the downside being they're replacing the originals. A full-on remake wouldn't do that.