Exar Kun vs Darth Bane

BrandonSM

In a lightsaber duel, not a battle of the force. Luke wasn't the one to finish off the Emperor anyways. Exar Kun used the force against Luke and isn't Yavin 4 a strong darkside place too?

F.Y.I. A lightsaber battle IS a battle in the force as well.

You use the Force to augment your physical capabilities several times over, as well as using foresight and wielding the power to guide your lightsaber to it's mark.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You use the Force to augment your physical capabilities several times over, as well as using foresight and wielding the power to guide your lightsaber to it's mark.

Yes and no. Your correct about using the force to enhance you, but its not a true Force Battle. Like we saw with Yoda vs Sidious.

Like BrandonSM already mentioned and you mentioned too, the Force augments your physical capabilities but its not what I would term a force battle. A true force battle would be one with minimal to no lightsaber combat (Yoda vs Sidious as BrandonSM mentioned). At Luke's point in his career, he could match Sidious's lightsaber skills but he wasn't an equal when it came to force technique, skill, knowledge, or whatever you want to call it. Luke still had several more galactic conflicts to go through before reaching his current self in EU. Therefore, Luke was not nearly as strong as he currently is when he fought Kun's spirit. Present EU Luke would destroy Kun in a heartbeat. Spirit Kun does not compare to Aboleth.

1) Darth Caedus

Exar Kun

2) Darth Sidious

The Only Reason Sidious is second is due to the fact that both Kun and Caedus have abilities that the Emperor couldn't handle.

Name one?

Caedus was powerful and undoubtedly a very good duelist. But Sidious consumed billions of lives when he went to his retreat. Had the ability to consume the entire Fleet in Space. Had the strongest lightning, could consume planets and leave them similar to Malachor V.

Kun and Caedus are up there but SIdious is number 1.

Play SW:TOR.
I have, they are long dead and still i have not seen them do ANYTHING.

Really, all iv seen the ancient sith ever do with the force(naga sadow) is hurl a brick at ludo kressh, after that, absolutely nothing. The "0mG th3y c@n bl0w up sT@rs" argument is invalid considering that it was sadows SHIP and not him that caused stars to go super nova.

For horde? All we hear is "he did this, he did that" and sorry to burst your bubble but even vader has accomplished far greater feats than horde in the force.

Edited by Makoto_Shishio

I have, they are long dead and still i have not seen them do ANYTHING.

Really, all iv seen the ancient sith ever do with the force(naga sadow) is hurl a brick at ludo kressh, after that, absolutely nothing. The "0mG th3y c@n bl0w up sT@rs" argument is invalid considering that it was sadows SHIP and not him that caused stars to go super nova.

For horde? All we hear is "he did this, he did that" and sorry to burst your bubble but even vader has accomplished far greater feats than horde in the force.

There are many things you can learn through datacrons, plain ol' storyline in sidequests even just talking to Khem Val and many other things that gives more information, Marka Ragnos dominated the minds of his opponents and had extremely powerful 'horror' techniques, Tulak Hord was a great general and warrior, defeating armies many times his own.

You literally just need to play the game properly, talk with enough people, find the datacrons, etc...they tell you a lot about the ancients, also, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is rather subjective, it was a quick top ten, stop getting overly defensive for no reason.

There are many things you can learn through datacrons, plain ol' storyline in sidequests even just talking to Khem Val and many other things that gives more information, Marka Ragnos dominated the minds of his opponents and had extremely powerful 'horror' techniques, Tulak Hord was a great general and warrior, defeating armies many times his own.

You literally just need to play the game properly, talk with enough people, find the datacrons, etc...they tell you a lot about the ancients, also, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is rather subjective, it was a quick top ten, stop getting overly defensive for no reason.

I have heard about tualk but i still don't find anything that ragnos did impressive, dominating the minds and having powerful horror techniques? Even a weakling like alema keto could do that to an entire fleet of warships so how does that put ragnos in the top 10?

Name one?

Caedus was powerful and undoubtedly a very good duelist. But Sidious consumed billions of lives when he went to his retreat. Had the ability to consume the entire Fleet in Space. Had the strongest lightning, could consume planets and leave them similar to Malachor V.

Kun and Caedus are up there but SIdious is number 1.

And yet he lost, and had the shortest sith rule of all time. Hahahahaha.

Agreed, but he was no combatant, If he barely defeated Revan and was nearly killed by Surik, that doesn't bode well against the Creme De'le creme of Sith Lords.

My top 10 would probably go like this:

1.Darth Sidious.

2.Darth Caedus.

3.Darth Nihilus.

4.Exar Kun.

5.Marka Ragnos.

6.Tulak Hord.

7.Darth Zannah.

8.Darth Vader.

9.Darth Bane.

10.Ludo Kressh.

Well, he wasn't. Sidious however, was defeated by Luke. Do the math.

Well, he wasn't. Sidious however, was defeated by Luke. Do the math.

Luke defeated him way after becoming a fully fledged Jedi Knight, and that was only in a duel, only Windu could do that, so I don't think that detracts from Sidious, more like it speaks volumes of how much Luke progressed in those years.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Exar would defeat Bane, in a battle of power. Especially with Bane in the orbalisk armor. They were extremely weak to lightning attacks.

I loved it when Mara Jade intruded on Kun and Horn's battle though.

I think Bane had more cunning than Kun though. I mean he wiped out the brotherhood with little effort, and some of those lords were more powerful than Bane. So if Kun gave Bane the time to plot, he could defeat Kun.

I will say that Caedus was on par with Kun and Sidious in terms of power. He was a master of several Force techniques, not just Jedi and Sith.

But, I wouldn't put much stock in his lightsaber fight with Luke meaning that he was Luke's equal. Luke wasn't going all out against him during that fight because he was still conflicted about his killing of Lumiya.

More like the greatest rule of all time.

He wiped out the Republic and the Jedi and conquered pretty much the entire galaxy.

Think you are confusing Caedus with Sidious.

Caedus had the shortest rule of all...which is who the poster was referring.