Ilum kill trade dicussion. [Bioware: PLEASE READ]

TaxmanBob

Can we please get a response from a Bioware dev about this issue? How is it that Valor gains related to the turret was hotfixed, but this kind of thing is encouraged? I'd like to hear other's opinions on this matter and hopefully, from Bioware.

Honestly, this needs serious looking at from a developer before everyone leaves the game. Either that they're bored after getting full BM from farming it in a day, or that they refused to participate in this nonsense and are now on a no pop server.

It's terrible. I've reported the incidents numerous times inclusing the time and coordinates, the players involved, and the rate at which they are getting valor. It blows my mind that Bioware wanted to patch the turret, but it okay with this.

The Valor gains are as designed. Players cooperating are not.

I'm aware that the valor gains are as designed, but players using the /stuck exploit after dying isn't. It's an outright cheat, practically a speed-hack, and Bioware is doing nothing about it. If this kind of thing is okay with bioware, can I just have a trans-locator device that lets me teleport wherever I want, whenever I want, by just typing in the coordinates?

hmmm im on tofn, the most populated server of this game, well i never seen anybody doin trade kills cuz u can farm huge amount of valor just by standing next to rep.base with x5 bo or, being the rep, doing full pushes with the defensive bonus. Nobody need to trade kills in this game as it will result in less valor gained x minute, by far margin

Only way to fix Kill trading is to make it so a person loses Valor when killed in Illum.However if u did that then 99% of the ppl playing would cry about it cause they're ppl who came from WOW which means they like playing easy mode MMO's unlike ppl from Aion where u lose AP when u die which is whats used to buy pvp gear

As for /stuck that doesn't help much since u get a lock out on how fast u can kill a person to get valor from them.The only thing it does is help ppl to lazy to run for 20 seconds or so

Edited by Sokushi

They don't need to do it but they do. This crap started up on Kaas City a few days ago and it's amazingly short sighted on the part of the republic players for doing it. Their logic is that they get their quest done. Meanwhile the larger group of imps not only get more peopls quests done but flip the bases so they valor farm the republic players. It has completely destroyed PVP on our server outside of WZs.

The funny part is those on the repub side don't realize that what victories we are getting now in WZ's are gonna start drying up the more imps get geared and valor. So then they won't be able to finish the other quests. :)

This is a lazy path and expediencie doesn't justify the behavior. Sadly as in most things where people are concerned the majority will always take the lazy route to get what they want.

Thanks Bioware. You should have known this would happen.

To be honest, it disgusts me on a human level, that people are willing to put that much effort into NOT putting in effort. On my server, we're constantly stopping them from farming each other, and they would relocate, we would follow, they would send out "fake" groups of players to lead us away while they found glitches in the mountains to hide in, etc. It's really, really sad.

I've been dealing with this on our server. I actually led a small force of 14 and we kept thrawrting their attempts at farming by instigating a battle with the opposing side. On my server Frikrann Crystal's case the Republic... it's so damn sad to see them ruin this.

I've worked my *** off in wzs for my battlemaster title. I don't even want to wear it now cuz all these nub *** farmers are running around with them.

To be honest, it disgusts me on a human level, that people are willing to put that much effort into NOT putting in effort. On my server, we're constantly stopping them from farming each other, and they would relocate, we would follow, they would send out "fake" groups of players to lead us away while they found glitches in the mountains to hide in, etc. It's really, really sad.

Is this Toomuchbob from No Heroics? LOL!

This is Moontan from Electus, but Electus is deteriorating into a smaller more compact group of players.

Sometimes I am wondering if you should use some reverse psychology and put BIOWARE PLEASE IGNORE in the thread title... :rolleyes:

Someone should make a thread title that is racist, and contains vulgar language. If it gets removed, we know there are some Devs.

However, I don't know if that would be any better, knowing they are here, and not responding to a single thread.

Thanks for the help BW

Edited by Mangzane

As for /stuck that doesn't help much since u get a lock out on how fast u can kill a person to get valor from them.The only thing it does is help ppl to lazy to run for 20 seconds or so

What it does is give me a chance to even the odds against imps who don't know how to do it - which is why I like it personally. If they just gave that to republics or whoever is outnumbered as a click button option I'd be very happy.

What it does is give me a chance to even the odds against imps who don't know how to do it - which is why I like it personally. If they just gave that to republics or whoever is outnumbered as a click button option I'd be very happy.

It's an exploit that SHOULD get you banned, but the devs don't seem to care about anything anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if someone found some credit dupe that never got fixed from here on out.

I just encountered this for the first time and googled to see if it was an exploit or not and it led me to this thread. I just hit 50 a few days ago and figured I had enough gear to try Ilum out. As soon as I left the base I saw a big fat wad of republic and imperials just standing there in separate groups. I watched for a few seconds then the republic stormed forward and just killed the imperials who did nothing. They noticed me watching and suddenly I had 20 republic douche bags all up on my ****. I got *****, oh well. I figured it out from there and noticed they line up again and this time I got an invite to an ops group, not being sure if there was a REAL battle going on i took the invite hoping it was from real pvpers. Instead it was the guys sitting there in a wad. They asked me if i did my weekly/daily and i said no, then he said come over here and trade kills. I said i didn't like the looks of it and then left. Which is what led me to google kill trades swtor. So I'm assuming my ticket is going to get a lame auto response and nothing will be done about this? So as far as I'm concerned their is no real endgame PVP content till this is fixed which just sucks. All because some douche bags dont want to put in any effort to get gear and people like me who find the act of objective based world pvp fun are swept aside.