The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard PvP

Loveshock

Some advice first: Turn on HP so we can see the health of the people you are fighting. This helps judge their gear relative to yours. Try to get everything bound if you can. You are manually clicking quite a few of your abilities and consumables.

Your damage is very nice. You are using PvE gear and stacking buffs/biochem to get those crits?

I always wear pve gear. The trade off right now from pve to pvp is not worth it in my opinion. Im trading 1.5% and 15% crit to stockstrike from expertise for 8% more dmg from HIB and more hp from the gear atm.

And yeah, I click some skills, always have in every game. I've gotten used to being able to click quickly enough. Tbh, all the skills i click on this game are in the same spots to the ones i clicked in WoW, so the transition was extremely easy.

I always have my biochem stim on and use my surge stim whenever its up. Its not giving me enough anymore so im in the process of switching it out for a power stim instead. I would still be hitting those 4k crits, but you probably wouldnt be seeing anything upwards of 5k anymore.

Edited by Loveshock

Keybinding everything makes you play more efficiently. Yes, I realize that some people play well while clicking. My old 3s healer in WoW was a complete clicker, yet he was still better than half the 2400+ people I played with. If you can keybind intelligently though, you can still improve your play.

Also, running Ion Cell as Assault just seems terrible to me. Maybe it's just me, but I'm a firm believer in not wasting any talent points.

I disagree ;) I'll dominate my way and you do it your way. With the huge global cd's in this game its not that it matters anyway.

We aren't saying you can't be effective while clicking some abilities. You can be MORE effective if you keybind everything. Refusing to accept this is just arrogant ("I'm so good I don't need to improve!").

P.S. This is just constructive criticism. Don't take it the wrong way ;)

It's not like i havnt tried to keybind everything, and let me tell you, im better off clicking.
keybinding is ALWAYS better than clicking no matter what and it's not just because you can react better, keyboard turning is just completely inferior to mouse turning in every possible way and if you're clicking your abilities then you can't mouse turn at all. clicking/keyboard turning is about the worst thing you can possibly do in pvp, seriously. you said you wanted tips, this is the best tip you can possibly get and you're just blowing it off.

I'm not blowing anything off. Just saying that keybinding everything won't make me better. And keyboard turning? How often do i even do it? I went back and watched every video i made, and I rarely (and i do mean very rarely twice in all 11 videos i have of me pvping, about and hour and a half) ever do it and it makes 0 difference as to the outcome of the fights. Seriously, the only things i click are self buffs, anything damage wise are keybinded, plus, I am a mobile ranged vanguard if I want to use cd's all i have to do is run into stock strike range and hit them during the global. The only thing i can imagine would need keybinding is tenacity, which i just did about 2 days ago. Edited by Loveshock

Can u post your build pls

Also how strong is your vanguard build in 1v1 world pvp?

Which class gives u the most trouble in 1v1?

I do amazing in 1v1 and world pvp. I can also tell you i havnt lost a single duel, even if most people agree that duels dont matter. The only classes I'd say I have the most trouble with are the stealth classes, particularly tank assassins.

I liked it. Thanks for not putting that damn rap music in it!

I noticed when you hit HIB you would get the white HIB damage plus a big yellow damage number. What is the yellow component?

Thanks

Probably the Assault Plastique going off at the same time, if you line up for the assault platique and hib to hit at the same time it is major spike

Wow, really liked your video. I'm jealous of your damage output.

I think I'm going to have to go full Assault now, no more playing around with Parakeets and knives!

Do you ever use Plasma Cell, or is the extra armor from Ion Cell just too good to pass up?

Also, what pvp gear set are you going to be working towards? The Eliminator will be the one to get as Assault, correct?

Edited by Kilokov