Empire somehow more organized

SpikeRosered

So my friend and I joke how the empire could never win because they spend too much time backstabbing and killing one another, however judging from the storyline progression I would actually argue they are better off.

This is my opinion mind you, but after doing lots of quests for both sides I actually find the Imps spend more time trying to directly undermine the Pubs. Meanwhile the Pubs spend a lot of time trying to fight off neutral factions that are giving them problems.

Agree?

The Sith Empire would function beautifully if there were no Sith.

The Imperials themselves believe in the fundamental principles of order, security through sacrifice of freedom. The Sith believe in that too, but they're more bound by the Sith Code, which encourages a certain (and ever-increasing) amount of backstabbing and betrayal. Most often, the Imperials are set against each other because two feuding Sith Lords are using the Empire itself to carry out their own private war.

The Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor spend a lot of time removing people that suffer from Chronic Backstabbing disorder.

Well I played a Dark Side SI and I spent plenty of time exercising my backstabbing arm.

Corellia SI spoilers

I especially loved the end to Correllia which is such a goofy EVIL WINS ending. Where basically everyone is applauding your victory, then your character murders someone and breaks into an evil diatribe about OBEY OR DIE! Everyone is like "Er...yea....O.O"

Well I played a Dark Side SI and I spent plenty of time exercising my backstabbing arm.

Corellia SI spoilers

I especially loved the end to Correllia which is such a goofy EVIL WINS ending. Where basically everyone is applauding your victory, then your character murders someone and breaks into an evil diatribe about OBEY OR DIE! Everyone is like "Er...yea....O.O"

That's from a world quest, not a class quest; and if you don't constantly pick Dark Side it's a perfectly reasonable affair.

Of course the old republic empire was an Authoritarian government based of dictatorship and beating everyone into submission.

And really only the Sith killed themselves. Most of the Empire were not Sith just like the Republic was not Jedi. it just that the Sith controlled the Empire while the Jedi were working for the Republic has 'Knight' and space hippies of love.

The Imperials themselves believe in the fundamental principles of order, security through sacrifice of freedom. The Sith believe in that too, but they're more bound by the Sith Code, which encourages a certain (and ever-increasing) amount of backstabbing and betrayal. Most often, the Imperials are set against each other because two feuding Sith Lords are using the Empire itself to carry out their own private war.

Take the sith away and there is no empire, all those imperial citizen really want to is live in republic space with a different nametag

Edited by dargor-

This. Galactic Empire for example almost defeated the Rebellion when Thrawn was in charge. The Sith are the retarded idiots who ironically enough, will be the downfall of this Sith Empire (proof, Republic still exist 50years to clone wars from now)

All of this Sith in-fighting and backstabbing is a part of a prelude towards the whole "Rule of Two" thing. As I understand it, one of the two main reasons for Darth Bane's rule of two was to prevent this kind of backstabbing and self-destruction that the happens when so many Sith try to rule at once.

---------------------------------------------------

Who are the Pubs? If you mean Reps type it right.

Several Imperial NPCs refer to the Republic as "The Pubs" just as several Republic NPCs refer to the Imperials as "The Imps."

This is actually voiced by various NPCs in the game.

Edited by Caeana

I know the republic calls the imperials imps, but I just use the word pub, because that's what I usually hear people saying in General chat. Especially on Illum.

"5 pubs at center" etc.

All of this Sith in-fighting and backstabbing is a part of a prelude towards the whole "Rule of Two" thing. As I understand it, one of the two main reasons for Darth Bane's rule of two was to prevent this kind of backstabbing and self-destruction that the happens when so many Sith try to rule at once.

---------------------------------------------------

Several Imperial NPCs refer to the Republic as "The Pubs" just as several Republic NPCs refer to the Imperials as "The Imps."

This is actually voiced by various NPCs in the game.