An open letter to the PvP community

Ahhmyface

Would I change some stuff? Yeah - which is what forum discussions should be for. But I'm still enjoying the game in general. When I stop enjoying it I'll likely stop playing - isn't that the way things should go?

My wife told me the other day that I took this game a bit too personally, I told her she was probably right because sometimes it felt like the developers were specifically trying to mess up my fun times with their stupidity. Then I decided to just ignore the areas they were being stupid and enjoy the rest of it.

You win!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree to disagree I suppose. I would argue that it doesn't matter how much the community complains about something; it's the logic behind a complaint or dollar signs that matter in the end. BW wants people to keep subscribing, which is why they will continue to fix bugs, allow add-ons, constantly balance, add new content, improve pvp, and add to space combat, even if you don't complain about it.

Not at the same rate, or with the same order of priority. The squeaky wheel absolutely gets the grease in MMO environments.

I lose warzones to premades.

People leave my warzones.

I join warzones that are lost already.

I get shot down by grav rounds and tracer missile.

I harmlessly hack away on consular/sorc bubbles.

I get instagibbed by ops regularly.

Sometimes I look for pvp and there are no republic around.

Sometimes my queue times are long.

Sometimes I open 20 bags and get nothing.

I lag when there are a lot of people on my screen.

I work full time, have a girlfriend, other hobbies, and it's hard to remain competitive with only a few hours a day.

Sometimes I cap 90% of the objectives in WZ, get 3 medals, and no MVPs.

I don't always get credit for my warzones.

Usually my teammates are bad.

And I'm having fun.

Ask yourself, if you are having fun. If so, great! Enjoy it. And if not, go have some fun. Doing something else, if need be. There's no need for all the rage and tears. Think about it. You know I'm right. Good luck.

Sounds like **** to me.

The problem is the mechanics is not enough to me content. If the game was revolutionary and great, sure, I'd get wrecked and screwed all day and still enjoy it.

The only thing that's keeping me from unsubbing is progression, and if that's not happening well then I've got a 15 dollar a month farmfest.