i love my sorc...but...

infamousNate

HATE HATE HATE Force Lightning!!!!

not because its UP/ OP...but as soon as we use it, everyone and their mother knows where you are and where the attack is coming from

take the sages equivalents telekinesis throw...when they use it, its SUPER hard to see where its coming from...

Just wish they would scale back the "jazz" of that skill :/

they still ignore me when im using it. Considering I position myself for line of sight usually and stay between 15-30m away its not hard to understand why I get left alone. Believe me im using FL like a mother and it doesnt attract anymore attention than if you didn't use really.

If you are getting attention whilst using it then you need to position yourself better. No offence meant. Always have a getaway route planned. If you get called or simply get attention then kite them. If they warp to you or pull you to them I advise using your arsenal of escape to get away and take them in the opposite direction of the objective.

Of course you could ignore me and just farm damage hoping nobody will ever kill you and continue to blame it on a channeled Dot that gives you away no more than standing there farming huge damage on people. Let's face it. We need to be spotted because we will just hammer everyone over time.

Out of interest.... do you think the opposite in the case of an Agent? Should their stealth be visible because it stops them getting spotted?

See what I did there ;)

I've actually considered the same thing. It's not that having your position given away is such a huge deal, but that sages do not have to deal with this. Finding the sage hitting you is much harder than finding the sorc hitting you (not helped by the fact that jedi robes look similar as well unless you look closely). It's not a huge deal but it does take an extra second or two to acquire a sage target vs a sorc, which is actually kind of a deal breaker if you were hoping to jolt them out of it.

Since I can't imagine FL getting a different animation for aesthetic purposes I'd propose sages getting a much more visible animation.

There are actually a number of issues like this where republic players (usually PvE'ers) believe they got a bad deal on animations but in reality they're much more subtle, which plays to their advantage in PvP.

Out of interest.... do you think the opposite in the case of an Agent? Should their stealth be visible because it stops them getting spotted?

See what I did there ;)

Yeah, I see what you did there: You made a terrible analogy. Operatives do not do continuous damage while in stealth.

they still ignore me when im using it. Considering I position myself for line of sight usually and stay between 15-30m away its not hard to understand why I get left alone. Believe me im using FL like a mother and it doesnt attract anymore attention than if you didn't use really.

If you are getting attention whilst using it then you need to position yourself better. No offence meant. Always have a getaway route planned. If you get called or simply get attention then kite them. If they warp to you or pull you to them I advise using your arsenal of escape to get away and take them in the opposite direction of the objective.

Of course you could ignore me and just farm damage hoping nobody will ever kill you and continue to blame it on a channeled Dot that gives you away no more than standing there farming huge damage on people. Let's face it. We need to be spotted because we will just hammer everyone over time.

See what I did there ;)

i have no problem staying alive...all im saying is that, its TOO DAMN MUCH. i can honestly say i careless...but i hate seeing sooo many lightnings going off :/

makes it look like we are 1 trick ponies.

but alas' i can dream...

yeah I made a big mistake going with sorc instead of republic equivalent, the moment they see the lightning I get jumped by 3 different people , every single time.

And I don't care how good I'm positioned - the lightning is like a big *********** arrow that shows - light armor here, no defenses , you can crit me for 1/2 of my HP, and I'll die in under 3 seconds - come and kill me .

What Force Lightning needs is more Cowbell. I would also accept general lightning auras around the caster, or maniacal laughter.

LOL I can see it now

ZAP!

TING!

FIZZLE!

TING! TING! TING! TING!

SPARK!

TING!

SIZZLE!