BUG: Guard becomes unusable

Pestwulf

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One issue with the failing Guard and or other kind of Shields seem to be somewhat related to the way portals to instances/zones, doors or elevators work.

An easy one to reproduce. Stand outside an instance, guard a friend or cast an inquisitor shield on that friend, let him enter the instance while the shield is runing already and the cast is on cooldown enter as well. To shield or to guard the player inside the instance again will fail most of the times. The only solution to get it back is to either reenter the instance/zone or log out and back in.

Vanguard guarding a Commando

Team death occured, commando no longer able to be guarded, says "target already guarded" when it wasnt. Changing guard to other classes does not clear it.

Only resolution was for Commando to log off and back in.

I've had this happen on my Juggernaut usually after we have just wiped but not always. I can't guard the person I was as it keeps saying hes already guarded. I'll guard someone else and after 5 or so minutes I'll be able to guard the original person I was before this annoying bug struck.

:wea_01:

Hello everyone. Thank you for your reports; we are working on this issue and would like your help. If you are experiencing trouble with Guard, please post to report what Class you are guarding when the issue happens. We appreciate your patience as we research a resolution to this problem. Thank you!

Jedi Shadow:

Used Guard on a Scoundrel, then I unused it on him, then I used it on another person, then I tried to use it on the first person again (Scoundrel) and it said he was already guarded.

I'm fairly sure that's what happened. The process was really quick, less than 10 seconds

I'm playing tank assassin. I can confirm the guard issue happens in normal mode operations, I was guarding assassin dps, sorcerer healer and operative healer. I had to change guard target because of the issue several times during ops. Also I can confirm that assassin dps relogged which solved it for some time. Edited by Thiles

I've experienced with this my wife. She's a Juggernaut and I'm a Powertech. Sometimes it refuses to let me put guard on her unless she has gone through a loading screen or logged out and back in again because the error says that 'the target is already guarded'

The problem seems to be when the juggernaut has guarded a companion. If she removes the guard then I can use the ability on her correctly and then she needs to reapply the guard to the companion afterwards.

The problem also seems to start when the juggernaunt already has me guarding her and then she moves through a loading screen or revives at a med centre quite a distance away.

Edited by Tal-N

Powertech, guarding an assassin.

Changed guard in the middle of combat from the player to Khem Val. Khem Val dies, trying to switch guard after combat ended to the assassin failed with the "already guarded" message.

Can report that this also concerns the shadow class. My brother have been unable to guard me several times due to me being "unable to guard" or whatever the message is.

This pretty much suck since I run as a Seer and we've chosen this combo out of it's strenght.

Hello everyone. Thank you for your reports; we are working on this issue and would like your help. If you are experiencing trouble with Guard, please post to report what Class you are guarding when the issue happens. We appreciate your patience as we research a resolution to this problem. Thank you!

I'm playing a Vanguard tank and i'm unable to cast guard on my Scoundrel friend a lot of the time. It says guard is already active yet he has no buff. Happens in pretty much every Warzone i do, once i swap guard off him to another player and try to put it back on him it won't let me. The bug persists even if he dies or i die.

Edited by SeanPoe

I will play as a Sith Juggernaut, and will guard a teammate of mine (usually the imperial agent in our team). If I get knocked out while guarding them, and then use a probe to revive, it will say the agent is already guarded. I can still guard something else, but it will usually stay blocked until they get killed.

I am a Juggernaut.

I've had this problem guarding an Operative and a Sith Assassin. I believe its most common when I die and the person I have guarded uses their stealth ability that puts them out of combat. They use this to survive after I've died (it resets the mobs when they are the only one still alive). When I revive (either myself or by them) I can no longer put my Guard on them. I get a message saying "Target is already being guarded." I can put my Guard on another target though, just not that person.

Edited by Subparhero

SinTank:

I have found no way to reproduce this bug, but it happens constantly and is extremely frustrating. If you have someone on guard, and then remove it from them, you almost always can not place guard back on them until they die.

Happens constantly in warzones.

Edited by Maestrodomus

I used to have this bug on my JK.

I duo with my wife (Consular - Sage) and keep her guarded most of the time. Everytime we both died She would no longer have the Guard Icon up but Guard would report I couldn't guard her because the player was already guarded.

Only way to clear it was for us to relog.

However for me this was fixed when Rise of the rakghouls went live.

I Figured it was somethign in the process of:

Guard

This ability now transfers to a new friendly target without requiring deactivation on the previous target.

Activating this ability while targeting a guarded or invalid target will still toggle the Guard ability off.

A distinct visual effect is now present on characters using Guard on another character, and another effect is now present on the guarded character if they leave Guard's range.

that fixed it. Haven't had that problem since then.

I had this problem as my juggernaut trying to guard a sniper last night. I have found the problem occurs frequently when one of the people involved in the guard dies regardless of class.

This has been our experience as well. Especially if the JK/SG doing the guarding dies. Upon reviving the person who was guarded before cannot be guarded again, regardless of class.