[FUN]Can anyone think of potential classes that could be implemented into the game?

Iluminari

As it stands i'm pretty happy with all of the classes available.

Without turning this thread into a 'implementing classes never works...look at Death Knight etc' can any of you think of fun classes that could be included in the game? I personally can't think of anything that hasn't been covered already.

*edit* perhaps a criminal class could be done. Trying to become as big as the Hutts etc, companions could be spice smugglers etc.

Lets try get some ideas bounced around for a fun discussion ^.^

Edited by Iluminari

As it stands i'm pretty happy with all of the classes available.

Without turning this thread into a 'implementing classes never works...look at Death Knight etc' can any of you think of fun classes that could be included in the game? I personally can't think of anything that hasn't been covered already.

*edit* perhaps a criminal class could be done. Trying to become as big as the Hutts etc, companions could be spice smugglers etc.

Lets try get some ideas bounced around for a fun discussion ^.^

Smuggler *is* essentially, your Criminal. Dirty, cheap tricks, scrapped-together equipment, meddling with the Underworld.

Same can be said about the BH, but it's more of a muscle\bully class.

As far as ideas go, I'd love to have an unarmed fighting class. Not those Scrappers and their Sucker Punch spam - proper martial artist class, Force-using or not. Like Follower of Palawa\Matukai\Echani artist, whatever. Minimum tech, minor mysticism, and all hand to hand skill, complemented by thrown weapons and clever tactics.

Smuggler *is* essentially, your Criminal. Dirty, cheap tricks, scrapped-together equipment, meddling with the Underworld.

Same can be said about the BH, but it's more of a muscle\bully class.

As far as ideas go, I'd love to have an unarmed fighting class. Not those Scrappers and their Sucker Punch spam - proper martial artist class, Force-using or not. Like Follower of Palawa\Matukai\Echani artist, whatever. Minimum tech, minor mysticism, and all hand to hand skill, complemented by thrown weapons and clever tactics.

Hmm yea, idk if you guys checked blade&soul gameplay vids. But there is a nice class called the "forcemaster" wich would do awesome here i think, its a bit of martial arts with magic "force?" . I was going to play that, til i ended up here lol. Or maiby a summoner, idk if this can be worked out in the star wars setting. But i always also enjoyed spiritmasters next to sorcerers on aion aswel.

Beast Master.

No, I didn't get to play SWG. I do like pet classes. I very much regret there isn't one.

Some games treat pets as nothing more than walking DoTs. Others have great interactivity and micromanagement of one or multiple pets. Be it between each various pet the character has or between the character and their pet.

Anyway, playing with and training your personal Rancor would be just awesome. Or maybe tame a sarlacc :D

A techblade/vibroblade techstaff/vibrostaff weapons master class would be cool. Trooper/BH armor, with attacks being a combination of melee weapon strikes and various short range gadgets/explosives.

A droid class would be awesome. Advanced classes could split between protocol/astromechs and combat droids. The story might be a bit of a pain.

Hell yes to Beastmaster and Echani.

I'd also like to see some sort of very indirect type of character; the type Senators would be if they had a class. Perhaps some sort of buff-based class, with some healing abilities. They'd rely on companions and additional droids to do the fighting for them. Their story would be much more related to the inner-workings of politics, and their effects on inter-planetary relations.

Every class is a pet class. What do you think companions are. Its actually really annoying.

A pet class, in this case, would be more focused, and get extra summons.

I'd like to see an imperial trooper/republic pet class.

Youd start off as a basic ranged guy, the two advanced classes would be officer, and a royal guard inspired type. The officer would be support/dps, with group buffs, ranged weapons, and have the ability to summon temporary pet reinforcements. The guardsman would have tanking and dps, and be a ranged/melee hybrid that uses techswords, staffs and pistols.

Droid Savant

You're basically a pistol-toting mechanic who has built/stolen/adjusted droids and configured them for uses they weren't normally intended for, or beefed up their original intent. A true pet class. Since every class has to have a romance option, you'd get one male and one female companion later on. The rest would be droids.

Lots of droid-related abilities. Slice, hijack droid (make it fight for you for a while), summon combat/medical/support droids, etc. Some grenade-style attacks. Suicide droids that charge in and detonate. A form of "cover" by having a droid throw itself between you and the enemies to absorb incoming fire. You'd basically be kind of like the Engineer from TF2. :)

Normal combat would be you and 1-2 "permanent" (as in they last until destroyed) droid follower/pets. You could set up immobile turret-guns, force-field generators, etc. While very immobile, a well-dug-in Savant would be hard to dig out of their little zone.

Could work for both sides.

I've said this before, but I think a nice class would be a force adept. Someone who is force sensitive, but was not trained by the jedi or sith. They have raw force abilities and would not use lightsabers. Maybe they can use a blaster pistol in one hand, and a vibrosword in the other (just to be different). Or have one AC use blasters, and the other use vibroswords.

The starting planet can be just for the force adept class, and then once you hit the end of your starting planet, you have to choose which faction to side with. One class, but two separate stories.

Edited by Liaskar

Wookie! Also hutt's, but you cant sprint so instead you would have a special transport service at all times and also you would have to be a tank that would take 20 people to kill and your only attacks are to spit on people and sit on people but if you manage to sit on someone its an instant KO.

Free Droid/Bombardier Droid for republic and Droid Assassin/Heavy support Droid for empire. First is humanoid Free Droid/Droid Assassin are ranged/melee DPS/healers, Bombardier Droid/ Heavy support Droid are crab like 3 legged Ranged Tank/DPS.

Beast Master.

No, I didn't get to play SWG. I do like pet classes. I very much regret there isn't one.

Some games treat pets as nothing more than walking DoTs. Others have great interactivity and micromanagement of one or multiple pets. Be it between each various pet the character has or between the character and their pet.

Anyway, playing with and training your personal Rancor would be just awesome. Or maybe tame a sarlacc :D

...Every class in the game is a pet class.

Wookie! Also hutt's, but you cant sprint so instead you would have a special transport service at all times and also you would have to be a tank that would take 20 people to kill and your only attacks are to spit on people and sit on people but if you manage to sit on someone its an instant KO.

Trollolol, though we are discussing classes, not races.

Imperial Agent is already in the game, IO is just higher ranking, and Republic Noble would be a good idea I guess but...not really very combaty, maybe if they were healers or something it would work

Yeah, they would be bolster classes, probably rdps/healers, debuffs for 'berating' enemies, shouts to heal, etc

Droid commander for Republic, Dathomir Force Witch/Warlock for Imperial.

Mirrored multi-pet/companion classes where one is all Droids and techy abilities and the other is all nasty beasty and renegade force user abilties.

Republic Game Hunters vs Imperial Slavers might work.

Teras Kasi or other non-force melee master could fit.

I'd also like to see future classes whose Adv. Class options have 2 Healing/Tank trees and only 1 DPS. Not sure if that could be done without overpowering them over the current tanks and healers, or conversely making them feel underpowered due to spending more talents to end up the same.

Droids as a class is probably the only very well defined archetype established in the movies that we don't already have as a playable route. Much like non-humanoid aliens though, I doubt we ever see them as anything more than companions.

Edited by Omemoro