Would you defect if given the chance?

TWEWYFan

I realize that the ability the switch sides from Republic to Empire or vice versa is something that will almost certainly never happen, and I can understand why. Still I can't help but wonder what would happen if that option existed. So my question is if your character was given the option to defect would he or she take it and why?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play an Imperial Agent who loves the Empire but hates the Sith (because they're stupid and harmful to the Empire proper).

It's a shaky topic! If she thought that she could work to topple the Sith without sacrificing Imperial sovereignty in its territories, she might defect.

At first I thought this was going to be about 'literally' defecting. I was thinking 'yes', as I live in America and was thinking about Canada or New Zealand. :)

Ok, so character?

My main, not so much. She's a pretty ruthless IA, though she had a moment of weakness when she met Chance, and quite frankly she's a bit upset she hasn't seen him again. I don't think there would be a place for her in the Republic. Perhaps as a 'problem solver' for a greedy Amer...err, Republic company of some sort, maybe.

I have a few alts that I haven't played much yet, but I'm hoping to do a little reverse-Anakin with them. Thought that'd be fun. Plus, how can you not suck up to Mako and Yvette?

No. Before the game came out, when I had it pre-ordered, I wanted to play the Empire infinitely more than I wanted to play Republic. Empire are more mysterious to me, I know nothing about them other than what I've seen in the movies. Also they look better, their worlds look better and their armour and races. It's the same in real life. Empire is based on Nazi Germany. When I read about WW2 I want to read about Germany, not the allies. More mysterious and alluring, and just like in the game - better uniforms!

But, because I knew most other people felt the same way and there was going to be a massive inbalance I forced myself to play Republic and I enjoy it. I enjoyed it even more once it became clear to me that the Republic aren't "the good guys", they're the slightly lighter shade of gray - the guys who create planet destroying mega weapons and are obsessed with the absolute destruction of an entire race. Both factions are bad.

They definitely couldn't do it right now because of the way the class quest stories are setup... but I have thought about this. New expansions will probably feature more "main" story related quest. Would be pretty neat if they decided to include some kind of story that involved your character switching sides (would require you to finish your class quest of course) if he or she choose to.

I can dream can I?

Yeah, if this change occured at all it would be probably be in expansions and even then it would very difficult to design/ implement. To answer my own question I could see my Imperial Agent defecting. He's firmly on the light-side and doesn't care much many of his superiors' methods. If he was convinced that taking down the Sith would help the Empire's citizens in the long run, he'd do it. Now would he become a member of SIS or become an independent agent (ie. smuggler)? Edited by TWEWYFan

I play an Imperial Agent who loves the Empire but hates the Sith (because they're stupid and harmful to the Empire proper).

It's a shaky topic! If she thought that she could work to topple the Sith without sacrificing Imperial sovereignty in its territories, she might defect.

I did something similar. Mine believes in the Empire, she likes the order it brings, but hates the influence the sith have over it. She feels they are reckless and rely on their passions too much. I'm not sure she would defect though, as the Republic is pretty corrupt in itself.

I play both sides though, but that's mainly because I want to experience all the stories eventually.

Edited by Cordelia

I realize that the ability the switch sides from Republic to Empire or vice versa is something that will almost certainly never happen, and I can understand why. Still I can't help but wonder what would happen if that option existed. So my question is if your character was given the option to defect would he or she take it and why?

No , cause i dont mind the empire at all.

I mean when i make alts on the reps will be because i like the races they have and i want to check the story out.

Yeah im a BH but find myself on the lightside of things. To many times the options just dont seem to fit in with how i feel a BH would be. then again probly depends on how your BH thinks. As for me its more of a "not on anyones side but my own" type of thing. Freelance baby. work both sides for the credits lol.

Imperial Agent ending spoiler regarding this subject:

You can defect to the Republic for real, albeit you stay in the Empire as a mole. You need to have been very friendly to the Republic in Chapter 2 at minimum - you definitely need to spare Ardun Kothe, and I think you need to save Chance as well.

Nope. I am neutral Sith. I dont like the bloodthirsty Sith and killing innocents just for the evulz. But I believe in Empire and that it will bring proper order to the galaxy and so I serve it as Sith is honor-bound to serve, for the greater good, while Republic is weak and ineffective. I know that Empire needs a few changes (like less racism and Vader-like killings of our own personal) and I am going to get rid of those.., but in the end, Empire is superior.

(I= my SW)

Edited by Gelious

Hell yeah,i would!!!

It should b in game already i mean, anni was a jedi and went to the darkside so yeah should b in game but should only b a choice if ur say a sith and u go full light side and same for the dark jedi.

Imperial Agent ending spoilers:

They can actual do this to a degree if you spare Ardun Kothe during Chapter 2 and accept his offer to defect. I mean, you're a double agent working for the Republic SIS but technically you are a defector.

Edited by WhoDaresWins