Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why sorcs won't get nerfed.

Hexxin

Why is single target damage overpowered if too high but AoE ok? There have been plenty of nerfs in MMOs due to AoE damage? Why are OPS so singled out?

Because Single Target Burst Damage that doesn't allow for an enemy player to even fight back is too much.

Sages/Sorcs AoE damage isn't massacring either. It just hits multiple targets with ok dmg.

Oh.. and you screenshot people are hilarious.

First Screen shot on this page: http://i.imgur.com/t1gza.jpg

Check out "Ghosthunter" on the bottom of the list, Sith side. Healing Done is over 400k. That's more than half the dmg output of the Sage you're pointing out. Looks to me like the Sage's numbers were buffed up because he was attacking a target that was being constantly healed. Especially with such a low Medal count.

Second Screen Shot: http://imageupload.org/?d=3C3EBAEC1

Even better! You've got tons of guys over 100k dmg. Specifically 3 topping 200k dmg and one Bounty Hunter with 700k dmg. Again.. look at the list and this time check the healing done. 3 people over 300k healing done and one over 400k healing done. ALL of them at the bottom of the DMG list because they're healers.

Any class can do an insane amount of Total Damage done, especially if the other side is comprised of healers. Total Damage done doesn't mean a thing. It doesn't mean you're getting kills. It doesn't mean you're winning games. It just means you did a lot of damage. All that damage could be accrued over a long time and across a bunch of players or it could all be against one guy who's having the crap healed out of him.

stop looking at their damage numbers at the end of the warzone map and look at their death numbers as well.

sorc are pretty balanced. they have some good tools, decent damage and not much burst and aren't hard to kill at all.

now look at the mercs/commandos who are like #2 dps with 0 deaths.

You must not have seen the WZ with the sorc who did 800k dmg, had 97 kills and 0 deaths...

Seriously, sorcs/sage do not need a nerf. If you want to adjust balance, why not look at buffs? I'd like to see a buff to my resolve bar, and a resolve bar buff would be a hidden nerf to CC classes like the sorc.

Also, in my warzones, it is almost always the BH's that have top damage and top kills. Heavy armor, heavy damage, heavy heals. BH teams are invincible.

As for your point about not getting nerfed because the majority of the player base plays them, so what? Even if thats true, can you blame a company for taking care of the majority of its customers? Do you understand how business works? Is there even anything wrong with that?

Exec #1 "I've got an idea that will upset and alienate the majority of our customer base. I think we should do it immediately!"

Exec #2 "Sounds good. Lets do it! Wait till we announce it to the stockholders! We'll be thought of as geniuses! Can't wait for my bonus!"

No, i believe he doesnt, because this screenshot was made before lvl 50 players became their own bracket (rakata medpack got a new icon now). this dmg / death ratio was quite easy when a couple of sub 50 were in the warzone.

Well spotted.

Thought there was some nonsense going on.

That would mean that stim stacking was still allowed as well. I think I said that it was guaranteed to be that.

http://i.imgur.com/t1gza.jpg

I don't actually think sorcs need nerfed neccesarily, I just like making people look silly.

that's hardly proof of anything, one epic 5 minute warzone where a probably overgeared sage dotted everything up and had a backup healer for survivability.

woooah. same thing would happen with a battlemastered merc and a backup healer.

Yep pretty much OP...just look at this thread with half the people defending the class. Wonder what they play? Its hilarious how theres 8 advanced classes but literally half the playerbase plays one OP class. But why not cause bioware's already proven to pander to the masses.

I am a battle master shadow. I have toons on both sides and am friends with some of the people I end up fighting in WZ.

Up against an IMP I was in vent with. I personally hate healing in PVP and think it's completely unbalanced, so to test it we went to a corner of the map and I tried to kill him (heal speced BH) while all he did was heal. I did manage to, at around 11 minutes into the fight.

I did 525k dmg and had 1 kill.

THIS is the scenario you are trying to equate to the SS that show huge healing amounts, and although it's very possible, It doesn't work if the SS also shows 75 kills.

People getting healed generally don't die. Even more true when you are taking 20% less dmg from players but getting healed for 20% more.

Edited by lexiekaboom

that's hardly proof of anything, one epic 5 minute warzone where a probably overgeared sage dotted everything up and had a backup healer for survivability.

woooah. same thing would happen with a battlemastered merc and a backup healer.

The merc probably wouldn't even need a backup healer honestly.

I am a battle master shadow. I have toons on both sides and am friends with some of the people I end up fighting in WZ.

Up against an IMP I was in vent with. I personally hate healing in PVP and think it's completely unbalanced, so to test it we went to a corner of the map and I tried to kill him (heal speced BH) while all he did was heal. I did manage to, at around 11 minutes into the fight.

THIS is the scenario you are trying to equate to the SS that show huge healing amounts, and although it's very possible, It doesn't work if the SS also shows 75 kills.

People getting healed generally don't die. Even more true when you are taking 20% less dmg from players but getting healed for 20% more.

PvP is not 1 on 1, and if a DPS can always win 1 on 1 versus healer then there would literally be no point to heal in WZs when you expect multiple DPS to be on the same healer. In a 1 on 1, your damage in take is generally predictable. If you have say 2 DPS versus 2 healers, presumably both DPS focus on the same healer, and now the damage in take is considerably less predictable even if you have twice the healing. That means there's a much higher chance the focused healer dips into 30% range, and at that point both DPS will just execute that guy and you can't keep up with that in heals. As an aside, even the people with the least amount of teamwork usually knows a guy under 30% = kill the guy with Execute.

People who quit the first time balance is altered may as well leave anyway, they won't be long term customers.

Well if you nerf stuff based on Opinions and not facts, well then you alienate people and promote dumbing down the game.

Sorcs are very easy to kill. Also how the kill count works is that every kill you are on is counted towards your counter. Meaning i could just dot everyone once then continue healing and i would most likely get a few kills all around.

the class is balanced on her own, but not in respect to the other classes in the game

gunslinger is also a balanced class on her own, but you dont see doing damage as a sorc does, 1 or 2 times if they lucky

all in this forum ask for nerf, but they are classes that need a litle buff(gunslinger), all imps target this class in PVP,because the are easy to put out of cover(HDown as a 1m CD)after that they cant do a lot of damage off cover and they dead quick

the classes have to be balance between them, not on ther own, if they dont buff classes to the same height of the other, they have do nerf then to the lowers level

Except for the fact that in order to get credit for a Kill you need simply to only do damage to someone before they die.

A Sage/Sorc can easily DoT a bunch of people too boost numbers and have most of those people get healed but eventually die to another class. The Damage for all that Healing has to come from somewhere and when 1 player has that much more damage than the rest of his team, it's fairly safe to say that the majority of that healed damaged was that of the lead player.

the class is balanced on her own, but not in respect to the other classes in the game

gunslinger is also a balanced class on her own, but you dont see doing damage as a sorc does, 1 or 2 times if they lucky

all in this forum ask for nerf, but they are classes that need a litle buff(gunslinger), all imps target this class in PVP,because the are easy to put out of cover(HDown as a 1m CD)after that they cant do a lot of damage off cover and they dead quick

the classes have to be balance between them, not on ther own, if they dont buff classes to the same height of the other, they have do nerf then to the lowers level

Gunslingers out damage Sorcs and Sages by a long shot. The difference between the two really comes from the fact that the Balance/Madness tree allows for more mobility while applying DoT's and the Gunslinger has to sit still to get off it's big bursty shots.

But if you get a Gunslinger with Pocket Heals and a Sage or Sorc with Pocket Heals.. that Gunslinger will absolutely do more damage and get more "solo" kills without a doubt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.