Level 50 Marauder ready to take the next step...

Shonuff

Hey everyone. So I hit 50 recently and want to start getting better gear. However I don't really know where to start. I feel kind of stuck.

I am a Level 50 Marauder with Full Annihalation spec. I don't know where to go first to get my Level 50 gear and go up from there. I want to do PvP but everyone in 50 is fully geared and organized and I get spanked so fast and do crap damage compared to when I was 48/49 I was beating people easy.

Thre are a few Flashpoints, Operations ect I can do but I don't know where to start. So my qustion is where should I start? Currently everything looks like a really long climb. So what should I be aiming for to make me less squishy and do that real mans damage I want to do. Any help is appreciated.

Start PvPing.

Start doing Hardmode Flashpoints and Normal Operations.

Do more PvP.

Then when you're done with that do even more PvP.

???????

Geared.

Well, a chance at gear. Still don't have MH/OH Champ sabers. RNG is RNG though.

Start PvPing.

Start doing Hardmode Flashpoints and Normal Operations.

Do more PvP.

Then when you're done with that do even more PvP.

???????

Geared.

Well, a chance at gear. Still don't have MH/OH Champ sabers. RNG is RNG though.

Well I can forget PvP for now because I can't hold my own due to lack of good gear to even survive. Can't make a real dent and can't last long enough even when I do everything right ability wise. I know there are some hardmode Flashpoints, which ones should I do that would be easy (enough) for my current gear. I know they are not easy really but theres got to be a place to start.

do the daily missions on Ilum and Belsavis. The heroic 2 on belsavis (poisonous strategy) is easy and one of the rewards is a purple lvl 50 enhancement of your choice. Do this every day for several days and you'll be able to upgrade all your orange gear.

Also, I forget the name of it but the heroic 2 on belsavis has mods as a reward.

For 8 daily commendations you can buy 126 rating armoring and hilts from the vender in Ilum...or you can save up for the daily ear/implants but those are 120 commendations each.

Hey everyone. So I hit 50 recently and want to start getting better gear. However I don't really know where to start. I feel kind of stuck.

I am a Level 50 Marauder with Full Annihalation spec. I don't know where to go first to get my Level 50 gear and go up from there. I want to do PvP but everyone in 50 is fully geared and organized and I get spanked so fast and do crap damage compared to when I was 48/49 I was beating people easy.

Thre are a few Flashpoints, Operations ect I can do but I don't know where to start. So my qustion is where should I start? Currently everything looks like a really long climb. So what should I be aiming for to make me less squishy and do that real mans damage I want to do. Any help is appreciated.

What crew skills did you pick? there should be some purple gear you can get from that.

Blacktalon is your best bet on hard mdoe, its easy enough, drops some good gear you can use.

Corellia has some good orange gear as well, just do the dailies for commendations and get the gear.

The only hardmode FP you will want to do everyday are the following

False emporer

Black Talon

Kaon undersiege

the rest are either too buggy or too hard for someone at your gear level to try to accomplish.

Kaon is the new FP that will get you some columni gear at the same time. definitely worth doing (Be sure to skip the optional boss as he is completely overtuned right now)

You dont have to PVP to get the champions bags though. You can still do your illum dailies and get them that way. You can always also find a group of people (particularly a healer) to que up with in warzones as well to get your wins done. Just have to dedicate a good weekend to devoting yourself to actually going for the objectives instead of trying to break through that steel door that is trying to kill someone.

I personally have stoppped pvp'ing. i have my full champions set im only missing boots and i dont feel like dealing with the frustration that is pvp for marauders anymore. Im PVE focused anyway (as per my sig). Once you get a good set of gear Hardmode OP's are not that difficult to accomplish with a good group.

TLDR: Ladder isn't hard to climb you just need to be prepared to rage hard.

do the daily missions on Ilum and Belsavis. The heroic 2 on belsavis (poisonous strategy) is easy and one of the rewards is a purple lvl 50 enhancement of your choice. Do this every day for several days and you'll be able to upgrade all your orange gear.

Also, I forget the name of it but the heroic 2 on belsavis has mods as a reward.

For 8 daily commendations you can buy 126 rating armoring and hilts from the vender in Ilum...or you can save up for the daily ear/implants but those are 120 commendations each.

This this this.

the daily mission on those 2 planets take only an hour or 2 solo, and the Heroics are really short too.

Not to mention it's about an $80k boost to your wallet every day, and the item mods are better than crafted.

On top of this, run some HM flashpoints and heroics for even more stuff.

Enjoy!

If you want to do PvP mostly then you just gotta stick with doing it, you need expertise and only way to get it is thro pvp, you can get pve gear to make it not as bad but someone with alot of expertise will still most likly rock you :( Edited by Obik

I'm Rank 56 now and still missing MH + Chest/Helm/Legs/Boots :X sickens me the Champ bag system.

thats rough, i am rank 45 and just need my helm and belt to have full champ :D

Edited by Obik

This question come up a lot in many forums. The answer I usually say is there are a few different ways to gear up post 50. You can do them in any order, or all at the same time.

The first and imo fastest way to gear up is to (assuming you have orange gear) do your dailies on Belsavis/Ilum everyday. This will allow you to buy modification that will at least get you a decent amount of health and stats to hopefully give you a fighting chance. These quest are simple mostly and just require dedication if you want to fully gear out (replace oranges with purples) but you can just get the mods and get a decent starter set.

You can also just straight PVP, If you didn't save up the 1k/1k comms you have an uphill battle but in time you will get them you need to be buying the Champions Bags and doing the Daily and Weekly PVP and Ilum "PVP" quests. This will allow you to Get a good amount of Champion Bags every week. Protip: Opening Champion Bags in an Operations group (in a WZ) will allow for a higher chance at dropping something other the commendations. Until 1.1.1 releases its best to not track the PVP daily and weekly quests because there is still an chance of them bugging out and not counting the wins, you can try to reset ui if this happens (CTRL+CTRL+U)

You can also buy a lot of things on the GTN if your server has a active crafting community, that also runs HM's, but most of the things up there can become fairly expensive and as a new 50 you can be strapped for credits if you didn't simply run every quest ever :rolleyes:

Finally, and this may be the more difficult choice depending on your play time, is to find a group, or join a guild, that is running EV normal 8man. This is a very simple encounter and can be easily pugged. You will get decent gear if it drops and of coarse if the RNG gods smile you get pretty well kitted out. The HM flashpoints are the same if you can get into a guild or group that runs these regularly you will be able to gear up fairly quickly.

There are a lot of ways for fresh 50's to gear up, you have to choose which one best fits your play style. My first 50 I saved up the commendations and at 50 opened up my 9 bags (daily/weekly/1k/1k) and got 3 pieces of champions, after that I went and bought all the mods I could find on the GTN that put me in mostly 49 purple gear with some Champ stuff. I'm not rofl-stomping everyone I see but I can hold my own, and most people will be able to do the same.

Best of Luck :D

Hey guys just chiming in, thanks a bunch for the help. I have a clear idea of where to focus now. Really glad you guys could give me some direction. I see why im getting spanked so easily. I fogot about the expertiese bonuses. haha.

I'll just stay grinding on Ilum, I was just doing that, getting purple mods through dailies which seem to be the easiest way. I just beefed up my hilts now I have to get the armors. Thanks for everything guys, hopefully this helps a few other new level 50's. peace.