iOS Mobile Authenticator available on the app store now.

SniperCT

Android and Blackberry still 'soon' as far as I'm aware. FAQ

Store link here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-the-old-republic/id488420452?mt=8

https://account.swtor.com/user/security-key Is the direct link to the page once you log in. To set it up you need to enter the security key from this page (after clicking mobile authenticator) and follow instructions from there.

Edited by SniperCT

ios fanboi alert.

Come on, Android is much more popular..why do we have to wait?

How am I a fanboy for relaying a fact :eek: I'm just passing the word that the iOS one is available. I even checked the FAQ first before making this thread specifically because I knew people would want to know.

Directly from the FAQ:

The mobile security key is a free downloadable app for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and will soon be available for both Android and BlackBerry devices.

How am I a fanboy for relaying a fact :eek: I'm just passing the word that the iOS one is available. I even checked the FAQ first before making this thread specifically because I knew people would want to know.

Directly from the FAQ:

I was not calling you a fanboi in any sense of the word. I was talking about the inevitable people who are following you in this thread.

Main problem is that iOS sells like an order of magnitude more software. There are more phones because there are far more cheap Android phones on the market, but the software numbers aren't even close.

Anyway, I don't see this app in the US store. Any links?

Yet you offer no proof of this. Even if it was true, so what? More phones = more demand for the authenticator.

While Android is definitely more prevalent; consider that there are quite a large number of manufacturers, and models that use it whereas the 29% of phones using iOS are 3-4 models from a single manufacturer.

I'm not picking sides, pro's and con's on both, but it's probably safe to say that the iPhone itself is possibly the most popular phone line.

While Android is definitely more prevalent; consider that there are quite a large number of manufacturers, and models that use it whereas the 29% of phones using iOS are 3-4 models from a single manufacturer.

I'm not picking sides, pro's and con's on both, but it's probably safe to say that the iPhone itself is possibly the most popular phone line.

so your argument is that Android is more popular, but on different models of phones.

and iPhone has less phones, but less models

You realise the software gets written for Android right, not for all the dozens of different models of the phones that use Android ??

Stop arguing people. Has anyone actually been able to get the mobile security app to work? I'm stuck on the "serial number" screen. It's asking me to enter my serial number and I can't find that information anywhere.

It's probably referring to the registration code that comes in the box of your game, brotha.

It's probably referring to the registration code that comes in the box of your game, brotha.

I don't know man. According to the FAQ:

Where can I find the serial number of my Security Key?

For the Physical Security Key, the serial number is visible on the back of the security key.

For the Mobile Security Key, the serial number is assigned to you when you set up your mobile security key. To view it, launch the app, click the “Information” icon, click “Security Key Information” and the number will be listed under “Serial number”.