The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

gizbug

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly we need to clarify some things here before saying the game is dying or not. I dont care if it is, but facts from what i saw playing in over 3 servers and having 50s on both sides are:

1) low or high population on a ranking does not mean absolutely nothing.

Examples: Server A (cap of 2000 people) and Server B (cap of 10000 people)

When there are 2000 people Server A is on Full, Server B is on low

If i am trying to get a group at 50 and there are not enough people cause not enough people are there i dont care if the ranking is full i care that there are no people.

2) Some say, i rather not have to fight for kills. Yes that was good for the first 2 - 3 weeks. Now its bad cause now people are not able to find groups for anything

3) Cross realm = temporary merge for flashpoints and warzones. It wont solve the problem of no people roaming the world. Go to any planet and run around. It will take you alot of time to cross anyone and even longer to cross an opponent. Especially for pvp servers that is BAD!

4) Faction imbalance is expected since as most people say, and i can also say it from my experience from playing both sides, storylines/character creation/feeling etc. on the empire side "feel/are" cooler.

I dont care why it feels like that, i care that beforei started the game i was saying "I will 100% play Jedi. Thats It!" After playing both Jedi sage and Sith Sorcerer I can with all honesty say that the sith side was to be a WAY much more appealing side to play, and i hear from many of my friends similar expressions of feelings.

5) Calling this game an MMO is a big OVERSTATEMENT. If i group with 3 people once a day for 10 minutes to kill 10 monsters after looking for them for over 45 minutes at least on average (for a heroic 4 or flashpoint), and they even want to leave party before doing the turning for social points cause they dont get the idea that you need to turn in to get social points ( :S OMG what can i say to that "Smart" development tool idea the devs came up for social points :S )

There are alot more points on this matter and other development issues the game has, but the 5 above will suffice for the time .

Please dont flame me, i am stating what i see and understand from my experience, If you experienced otherwise and disagree feel free to say it in a mature way.

Edited by Caldurjyoh

And btw merging servers can also help fix faction imbalances..

by taking high pop rep servers and merging them with high pop empire servers.

Same thing WoW has been doing for a while to fix Alliance/Horde imbalances.

But all you people sitting there saying "My server is just fine, I see all kinds of people on my server" You're not helping. Kudos to you for luckily picking a server that has a healthy populations but others didn't get that luxury, stop being drones and fanboys and thinking BW can do no wrong. In fact no one is even really saying they did wrong, this is a normal scenario in MMOs really. Bioware just needs to take action on it.

Same thing as wow ? The only thing wow does is free transfers when they feel it's needed (and even than only from high poulated to low populated), blizzard has never merged a realm with an other.

Problem we have here to do the same as blizz does is that noone is going to leave their high pop realm to move to a low , and opening up free transfers from low populated realms would be the dead of that realm.

Pretty sure bioware is monitoring the situation and will take action when needed , they do have all the numbers we don't have and are just guessing.

Edited by Bubalous

Lets straighten this out.

Stop focusing on the low/standard/heavy/very heavy/full look on servers.

Say you cant see if your server is heavy or not.

When you login and go to the main hub in your mind is it acceptable to see less then 30 people at say fleet during the day not early morning but during the day. Do you think servers aren't losing people when say a week ago there were 130 more people in the main hub then there are this week. Those are the questions you have to ask yourselves. Forget what the server status says and judge by what you see day in and day out of playing swtor.

Many are seeing less people during both off peak hours and peak hours its that simple. There are maybe a dozen servers actually seeing increases the rest are losing people for the most part.

(and no most people dont work during the day, alot of people work staggered schedules 10am-8pm, 12pm to 9pm or 5pm to 3am or 9pm to 6am or 5am to 1pm)

Lets straighten this out.

Stop focusing on the low/standard/heavy/very heavy/full look on servers.

Say you cant see if your server is heavy or not.

When you login and go to the main hub in your mind is it acceptable to see less then 30 people at say fleet during the day not early morning but during the day. Do you think servers aren't losing people when say a week ago there were 130 more people in the main hub then there are this week. Those are the questions you have to ask yourselves. Forget what the server status says and judge by what you see day in and day out of playing swtor.

Many are seeing less people during both off peak hours and peak hours its that simple. There are maybe a dozen servers actually seeing increases the rest are losing people for the most part.

(and no most people dont work during the day, alot of people work staggered schedules 10am-8pm, 12pm to 9pm or 5pm to 3am or 9pm to 6am or 5am to 1pm)

Yes but MOST people work in the daytime then when they get home have other things to do. MOST people do not get on until night time. If you only judge by your odd play times I can see why you think the servers are low. If you only pay at 7am of course there will be hardly anyone on. People sleep, work go to school etc during the day for the most part.

Yes but MOST people work in the daytime then when they get home have other things to do. MOST people do not get on until night time. If you only judge by your odd play times I can see why you think the servers are low. If you only pay at 7am of course there will be hardly anyone on. People sleep, work go to school etc during the day for the most part.

I personnally work from home.

My opinions is from off peak times and peak times.... both are losing numbers. Not just one or the other... I see less during the day and I see less during the night week by week.

We live in a 24/7 economy m8. Alot of people dont work just during the day.

i dont get the issue im on rakatte mind prison and at 2am pst i get lvl 50 warzones in less than 5 minutes. always ops in illum and never once did i have an issue finding a group to do anything. have 1 lvl 50 imp 5 under 50 imps and 2 under 50 reps.

I know people may not like the idea but you have 3 options 1 reroll on a better server 2 tough it out and stay were you are 3 rage qq quit.

i dont get the issue im on rakatte mind prison and at 2am pst i get lvl 50 warzones in less than 5 minutes. always ops in illum and never once did i have an issue finding a group to do anything. have 1 lvl 50 imp 5 under 50 imps and 2 under 50 reps.

I know people may not like the idea but you have 3 options 1 reroll on a better server 2 tough it out and stay were you are 3 rage qq quit.

This is why I went to the swiftsure. THey have good off peak players and its full from around 4pm to 3am. Then standard to very heavy for the rest of the day.

No, we have 4 options. The 4th one being that as paying customers we are allowed to voice our concerns and ask them to fix a problem they are responsible for to begin with. Rerolling servers doesn't change the fact that low pop servers still remain to exist, it's just a way of ignoring the problem instead of trying to address it.

Edited by byteresistor

No, we have 4 options. The 4th one being that as paying customers we are allowed to voice our concerns and ask them to fix a problem they are responsible for to begin with. Rerolling servers doesn't change the fact that low pop servers still remain to exist, it's just a way of ignoring the problem instead of trying to address it.

good luck sir with option 4 hope it works out well for you. see ya when you rage quit

Pop seems great on Veela. We've been pretty steady from day 1. Republic pop has even increased so its not totally dominated by Imp anymore.

It's also self enforcing. I gave up on my level 44 sniper to create a scoundrel at another server with a healthier population. I can't imagine being the only one, a few of my guildmates went as well.

Correct.

US servers tend to be light to standard until US primetime, at which point most of them go standard > full.

Remember if you are an EU player on the US servers, they don't come into primetime until 5 hours after the EU primetime, eastcoast that is.

This is why I went to the swiftsure. THey have good off peak players and its full from around 4pm to 3am. Then standard to very heavy for the rest of the day.

right lol its not hard to look at the forums and find the folks that say hey were not having any of these issues on *insert server name here* and create a toon there. it does kind of eliminate the gripe factor and of course what on earth would we do with out the complaints. gots to love the we want it our way right now entitlement generation. hugs to all those on "low populated servers" hope it gets better for yas. until then ill be enjoying the game on a great server.