The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Orange Belt/Bracers

stevewilson

I'm pretty sure Tripton is for bracers, Valen for belt, Inath for gloves. That said, there is a chance at all of the above from other mobs as well, but it appears the loot tables for the above are very specific when it comes to the OJ drops.

Good luck!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears for sure there is anti-farming code of sorts on these mobs... after 3 kills in a row, they will cease to drop loot at all. Two things seem to reset this "flag" -- either re-log or come back after an unspecified amount of time.

Not sure about the group flag on increasing loot drops... I scored some purples and a ton of blues while farming the mobs on DK, but on a subsequent visit, got a string of greens. RNG is RNG, imho.

Another way that works is after you kill the champ, go on a short killing spree. For whatever reason, it removes the block. I have been doing this every night for the last week farming Commander Gosular on Hoth (5 min respawn).

3 times is the limit. But you should really be wiping out 4 or 5 groups of mobs for when he respawns. That usually resets it.

I am wondering the same thing. I've farmed Tripton for about an hour now and haven't seen any orange drops yet.

Alright, I answered my own question tonight. I just picked up the TD-17A Imperator Bracers off of Tripton. Bounty Hunter only baby! He still drops, just not as frequently as it seems it used to be.

The champs that drop the bracers and belts are near the Dark Temple. One is outside on the scaffolding to the right of the entrance and the other in in the Heroic section inside the temple. Good luck with the drops I spent 3 hours the other night going back and forth killing them with no orange drops. The rate is very low.

There you go telling people the secret lol...yeh there is a commando like guy up some scaffolding on dromund kaas....been farming him for a week no luck...we got a set of imperial agent ones no BH or Inquistor we wanted....I bought the belt for my alt today 150K Bracers on Canderous Ordo go for 300k the rest of the Hydra is cheap though 20K a piece

• 2 weeks later...
The belt dropped after the 32nd kill, only later did i notice it was medium armour and Imperial Agent only.. ARRRRRGGHHHH!!

Tips for farming these,

1. Relog every 3 kills, it resets the loot chance apparently.

2. Try to get ina group with as many people as possible (Guildies are best). Regardless of where you are, the increase in loot chance is improved the larger your group!

I found it best to kill one, throw some instant AoE such as frag grenade(I am sniper) and instant kill a few groups of 3-4 mobs before hopping onto my speeder on the way to the next. for me, by the time I got back inside the temple (throwing some aoe since I am running anyway) after running out and killing the outside champ, the dude had not always even respawned on his 5 minute timer. So this should be quicker, and more efficient, than just waiting for the guy outside to respawn every 3 minutes then re-logging. I have killed these guys probably a good 30 times each now and spawned one heavy armor belt(perfect for my ptech alt), some purple moddable armor with 2 slots, but no bracers usually get a blue drop notifier from each if I kill enough mobs while running but many of them were synth schematics. :( So unlucky.

Edited for typos and to say that I've had some purple and blue drops from the regular and strong mobs while running between. There is still a chance they will drop, its just even rarer that it will drop from any old mob. I've had quite a few peices of orange armor drop off regular mobs while questing.

Edit: They did eventually drop off the guy outside the temple. Yay!

Edited by Salpula