Orange Belt/Bracers

stevewilson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think he was being rude. He was merely stating facts.

How hard is it to get some pvp bracer/belts... I will just buy those two items first I think.

because the pvp bracers/belts do not have mod slots and neither does pve raid bracers or belts

moddable bracers and belts can have higher aim than any of the pve or pvp bracers or belts with the only possible exception being tier 3 pve rakata if it is crafted with an augment slot (the pvp will not even reach that high since it starts lower and cannot have an augment slot for more)

also since there is an expertise cap, pvp bracers and belts are the worst choice in the game for max gear even in pvp, you tweak to just enough battlemaster to get to the expertise cap and than you need tier 3 pve pieces, and at least a couple crafted tier 3 with augments to get maximum stats

its really only an issue for min/maxers, but really, there isnt much else to do in this game at lvl 50 but theory craft and min/max tweak gear

1. Relog every 3 kills, it resets the loot chance apparently.

2. Try to get ina group with as many people as possible (Guildies are best). Regardless of where you are, the increase in loot chance is improved the larger your group!

It appears for sure there is anti-farming code of sorts on these mobs... after 3 kills in a row, they will cease to drop loot at all. Two things seem to reset this "flag" -- either re-log or come back after an unspecified amount of time.

Not sure about the group flag on increasing loot drops... I scored some purples and a ton of blues while farming the mobs on DK, but on a subsequent visit, got a string of greens. RNG is RNG, imho.

Before this goes to wrong thread or other such things like that, i just was saying i am on the Lord Praven server name is forum name, but i got a whole set of the hydra armor, from boots to helm for sale. I am not using it at all and its just taking up space really, if anyone is interested and wants a fully modable set pst me in game or if i am not online just throw me a in game mail. i share this cuz apparently the belts and bracers are hard to come by and im sure someone else would find use of them much more than i as they sit in my cargo hold.

It appears for sure there is anti-farming code of sorts on these mobs... after 3 kills in a row, they will cease to drop loot at all. Two things seem to reset this "flag" -- either re-log or come back after an unspecified amount of time.

Not sure about the group flag on increasing loot drops... I scored some purples and a ton of blues while farming the mobs on DK, but on a subsequent visit, got a string of greens. RNG is RNG, imho.

I've noticed this on my own stuff. I've taken down bosses and suchlike, and coming back the same day after respawns, the result is inevitably worse until I log out or as noted, stay away long enough. Don't believe security chests have this issue, however.

And yes, grouping improves loot, according to the loading screens.

Drommund Kaas lvl 16 blue commendation box. Buy it, open it, and youhave a decent chance to get a 2 slot orange belt from it. So far I have looted 2 heavy and a medium from the boxes. I do not know if it works with any otehr box or any other tokens. Edited by Gherig

This is excellent info! Time to go champion hunting in DK.... :)

Any idea where/what the other class 4pc sets are named? Would be good to know for reference on all my alts. :cool:

Thanks again.

This would also help me out for my Gunslinger, thanks in advance

Tmx

The GTN is full of them. Dont have to spend a lot unless youre after a specific colour or model

People keep saying that, yet usually there's 0-2 belts on and the cost can be 200,000+, never seen one under 100,000 so far.

Bracers seem a bit more reasonable, but not a lot.

So yeah, the level range for the bracer/belt world drops (first tier) seem to be a split between DK and Balmorra Champions.

The best farming loop that I've run into though is still on DK at the Dark Temple. You can hit Field Commander Tripton and Valen Korik (both on 5 minute timers), and combine that with a visit to the Fallen Lord (15 minute timer). If you are willing to travel a little bit, I found that Dr. Pammel Tarqus out in the Sith Spawn area is worth a stop too, since that is 3 Champion drops in one encounter (15-30 minute timer, I think), and is near the Fleet Flashpoint shuttle for the return home. ;)

Good luck!

So yeah, the level range for the bracer/belt world drops (first tier) seem to be a split between DK and Balmorra Champions.

The best farming loop that I've run into though is still on DK at the Dark Temple. You can hit Field Commander Tripton and Valen Korik (both on 5 minute timers), and combine that with a visit to the Fallen Lord (15 minute timer).

Tripton is on a 3 minute timer.. Valen on 5... Fallen Lord Ive never had the patience to time him tbh...

Gotta admit though the drop rates are.... umm very rare... the only orange ive had from tripton is bracers for an imperial agent (I was so excited when I picked up an orange... then looked at it...GRRRR) . Gonna keep hitting him every night before log off though just to see what else he may drop. So far mostly blue and green, the occasional schematic and commendation.

So are these belts/bracers really better than augmented Rakata ones? Even if the effort isn't worth it?

Do things even drop the rank 25 armor mods?

If you can score an augmented Rakata piece, more power to you... they are pretty rare I think...

Tripton is on a 3 minute timer.. Valen on 5... Fallen Lord Ive never had the patience to time him tbh...

Gotta admit though the drop rates are.... umm very rare... the only orange ive had from tripton is bracers for an imperial agent (I was so excited when I picked up an orange... then looked at it...GRRRR) . Gonna keep hitting him every night before log off though just to see what else he may drop. So far mostly blue and green, the occasional schematic and commendation.

Pretty sure Tripton is 5 minutes as well, but what's a couple of minutes... lol. Fallen Lord is definitely 15 minutes... I killed him once, then went and killed Valen Korik 3x, then went back upstairs and Fallen Lord was up again.

Happy farming.

Edited by scootle

Problem is ppl still think the epics are better in which case the T3 are better as far as armor goes but stats the orange are far supperior if you mod them right

CRAFTED epics are better, rakata + augment

unless you can show me another belt with 538 armor 131 aim 71 end and 11 crit?