Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Vitas

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly I don't get why new species aren't a higher priority for Bioware; vast amounts of them are already ingame and would only need a handful of extra customisation options, and the vast majority can either speak basic and so can use the existing player voices or would just use one of the alien voices with subtitles, so it can't be a vast effort to include them. Sticking Gand, Trandoshans, or any of a dozen other species on the Cartel Market would be a license to print money, but instead we get more and more silly "pets" and recolours of existing mounts and weapons.

Great effort on the list, you sure did put your time into it. One thing, my favorite species include the Gen'Dai (love Durge), and Neti, they'd be a very hard species to look further into as they are very rare species. Five stars for effort though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I love Rodians and Gungans as well. My SWG character was a rodian and every time I play a SW rpg campaing I play a gungan, of course he is not a Jar Jar. But to be honest, there is a lot of people who hates gungans and looking at the playable races, it would be a miracle if we can play even as a rodian. So I think we will see some human-like races (if we are lucky) before they stop to make new ones.

P.D: Sorry about my english.

• 3 months later...

Come to think of it, Togruta would be the toughest addition up do date. Because of their 'big head things'. Think about it. We'd expect at least 9 possible different options for the 'big head tail things' and every one and each of those would have to work with every possible clothing piece. That is so much work. So much.

Yet, maybe out of my love for togruta appearances, these are the #1 species I'd like to play in this game.

The body of the togruta is no different then any other race in the game and their appearence is also easy as there are a lot of togruta NPCs that have varied colors, the head is the only really difficult part to work with as they have to make sure the lekku that hang down their front don't clip though certain more "bulky" armors, this can be fix somewhat by making the lekku fixed as they are with Togruta npcs such as Ashara whose Lekku never move even when she turns her head. however, I'm betting most would want them to move like the Twi'leks lekku do making them this way is what causes the clipping issues that BW has run into. Edited by Anaesha

Flexi-lekku for the Togrutas would be so cool , but I think they will add some rigged ones just like the npc's , I don't see why they would work on flexi ones , it may work better with physics and clipping since the Twi'lek ones haven't big issues with clipping (as far as I see ) but I think it's harder to make it happen .

Rigged ones would need to be big since some armors are sometimes thicker than others . And as we saw with the long hairstyles they are rigged / linked to the back of our character and not to the armor so a part of the hair goes throught the armor to join the back (and front with the male new hairstyle)

But flexi ones however would lay on the armor due to the physical collision (I don't know if it's the good terms) and since they are not linked . When my Twi'lek kneels his lekku are not going throught the armor and like robes the lekku's tip , if the character sit or kneel would lay on the floor (depending on the length) . but yet I'm not worried about this , what I'm worried about his the collision with the arms . Since the lekku are front and they lay on the torso , between the arms , will the lekkus respect the arms physics and not go cray' cray' with the animations( fight stance , combating etc..) .

But I keep hope , I really want my togruta Jedi ~ ! even if he wears no hood or even if he has to be naked to avoid issues , I would still love him or her....whatever !

Oh and everything I said before is only hypothetical , I'm not working on 3D models so things I say may be wrong but I wanted to share my opinion (clumsily) .

People have brought up the Term Humanoid alot, so i'd like to post what Wookieepedia considers humanoid.

"Classification of a being as humanoid was not standardized or strict. Generally, it entailed having a basic anatomy or construction similar to Humans, that is, a central torso with a head on top, two arms symmetrically arranged on either side, and two legs symmetrically arranged below, providing an upright bipedal stance. Each arm ended in hands that had a variable number of fingers (used for grasping and moving objects), and each leg in feet (used for locomotion). A living humanoid's head had two eyes, a nose for breathing and smelling, and a mouth for nutrition and communication; a mechanical humanoid would not require respiration or nutrition, and would have two photoreceptors instead of eyes. Humanoid species generally had sparse hair, mainly concentrated on the head or face.

A species with slight variations and deviations from this general arrangement could still be classified as humanoid. For example, Duros had no ears, nose, or hair; Twi'leks and Togruta featured headtails; and many non-humanoids had humanoid features. Wookiees, although seeming animalistic, could be called humanoids; they were also classified as anthropoids[3], a term referring to a species with simian features. "

As much as I would love to see as many playable Species as they would be willing to put in, the only one that I would got abselute crazy for is CHADRA-FAN ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chadra-Fan ) They did have Force users, and could speak basic (though nasily and squeeky) They would be an interesting addition to the roster. Besides EVERY mmo i have ever played had at least one short statured race. Granted there are more popular shorties that could be used but the Chadra-fan would bring a beasty race. The customization options for their Fur, Ears, and color could have a good amount of choices. Plus they are SOOO cute. Edited by Roguephari
Did a little Reseach

What about cyborg aliens. Twi'lek cyborgs. I think this will be an awesome addition how t do you mean cyb how to mean cybernetic parts is a choice you are not born with them for the fiberglass cannot be really considered a species especially when it's only humans they get to turn into cyborgs its boring plus the fact is is that I have played so many different characters so many different ways perfectly honest we do need more playable species as with a different species I am using they are repeating themselves in other storylines change one of my existing turn him into one o turn him into one of the opposite aliens that are on the enemy faction to get a new taste o opposite aliens that are on the enemy faction to get a new taste of what this game can do but yes I would love to see new species

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would personally love to see Muuns as a playable race. I could certainly see them working as either of the Sith classes (Darth Plagueis), and I'm sure a case can be made for them as Imperial Agents or possibly even the Jedi classes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I would like to see the Evocii, make it a little different for a bounty hunter. Another one I've long hoped for is Trandoshan, I have always loved them. Some other interesting ones that some of you may like is: Mon Cal., Devorian, and Gungan.

hey there, been a member of swtor since beta came out and last year or so you guys released togrutas and cathar species, which are now my main empire melee and ranged dps.. christmas is coming and call this a whim but i would really, REALLY love if either Gungan, Chagrian or Nautolan became playable.. seeing that two of those are already ingame as playable companions its just a matter of recoloring and gungans are just too funny and im sure it would catch on like wildfire. please consider my humble proposal and i wish you all the best!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...