What do you people honestly want Bioware to do about faction imbalance?

rdc_thirty

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch 1.2 - The Revolution

Due to depressing Imperial unemployment data one in every 3 Imperials is now part of the revolution to overthrow Imperials and have been decreed by the Emperor to be part of the Republic.

hehehe this would be funny.

Lock out Imperial character creation? Flatout disable most of the Imperial characters?

People don't want to play Republic, deal with it.

If I couldn't roll an Empire toon, I wouldn't bother playing. I know I'm not alone. So locking out a faction is NOT something that BioWare should do.

Its the people that made me go sith, not the opportunity to be a "bad guy." My bounty hunter is light side, not dark.

/1 on republic felt like I was in Barrens chat 24/7, no matter what planet I was on. Trooper storyline was good, as was my sage storyline. But the players killed it for me.

bioware needs to host an event, to celebrate the creation of a new massive imperial space station!

during mid festivities have it explode, killing all the imperials inside :D

after a loading screen, show a small movie with the million dollar man/woman theme song... and bang! move some of those imp toons to the rep side!

if the rep side starts to get bloated... host a party in alderaan! *tee*hee*

everyone wins!

in a nutshell

what wow did

give downright awsome race and cities to the low pop side (horde)

it worked there why not here?

id make a republic togruta in a heartbeat

also some cooler looking armours for some of the republic classes, smugler and trooper are ok, the jedi high level armor is ugly

other than that, i can only suggest giving credit incentives to the low pop side, makes people have an easier time buying stuff i guess, wich might be an inventive for people that hate farming, once its normal you can set the credit gain down again

just throwing ideas out there

Server merges aren't a good idea. That always causes a big chunk of would-be subscribers to see that we merged, turn and run as fast as they can.

That means less than nothing to me. The only thing that matters is a quality gameplay experience. Low population realms cannot provide that. They should be merged.

Lock out Imperial character creation? Flatout disable most of the Imperial characters?

People don't want to play Republic, deal with it.

I will tell you exaclty what they should do

"F"ing learn to make a faction-less MMO the next time they try to make a new mmo, LEARN from every failed MMO since wow that has had some faction in-balance issues due to player preference. making a MMO with a good and evil side is a failed idea, why these large studios dont figure this out is beyond me. As for this game, it is already way to late to fix the damage done

Edited by ZEROUMUS

lets face it..

Republic character models looks like SHYT!

imp character models are x9000 better .

Surprised that people like to have "cool" looking characters in a MMO? im not, neither should BW.

IF THEY FIX THE MASKS FOR THE MATRI... w/e repub class and make them ALOT cooler, it would even out GUARANTEED.

I did notice that my server has more imperials than republic. :( I think these things would help:

1. Remove or reduce same-faction warzone matches (huttball), don't add more!

2. Fix the Jedi aesthetic issues of big butts and too many hoods

3. Add new races for both factions (to be fair!) but be sure to give the Republic the more popular/interesting ones to balance out that the Empire's exclusive species are currently more popular.

And it would be really really neat if Bounty Hunters and Smugglers could somehow be a "third", neutral faction, but I don't see that happening for story reasons.

I also like the idea of adding in-depth L50 (to avoid the "it messes up your story!" issue) quest lines for each class that would allow players to change their allegiance. Not change their their class, just which side they are on. Maybe just tack something on to the class name to indicate their status, like "fallen" or "redeemed". So an IA could do their super-spy thing for the Republic, and a Smuggler could be a privateer for the Empire. The quest would need a dark or light requirement to unlock it, 'cause a LS Trooper isn't going to turn traitor, and a DS Sith isn't going to play nice with the Jedi. Totally not going to happen, though, too complicated I'm sure. xD

Most of my chars are Republic and I donot see the issues you are bringing up. It is mostly a issue with PVP I guess, but I could'nt careless about thier type of PVP, so what do I want them to do about faction imbalance? Nothing. :cool:

Yes, because population has NO effect on the economy or the ability to build a solid guild of raiders...

THINK!

Give Republic Togruta and Wookiee as playable races and remove Cyborg and Zabrak. And that will quickly re-balance the factions on each server. I think that the reason Republic gets the shaft is because they have the most boring races to play as. Other then Twi'lek all other races look exactly the same with minor change to appearance. (Skin color, eye cover) while the Imperials have vastly more different looking races to choose from entirely. For republic you are either a human with a blindfold, a human with small metal on your face, a human with green skin, or and human with small horns on your head. Imperials get Chiss whom all have different hair and face selections, Sith all have different hair and face selection, Zabrak have far better face options, and the grey guys (can't remember there name) all have unique looks from each other. Republic needs a customization rework to make appealing. And it also doesn't help that ALL the gear for republic looks similar to the next piece of gear. Troopers use the same looking gear for a while with just changes to the color, while all jedi gear is a brown color and all looks the same only change is if it has a hood or not and the consular gear is god awful. Smuggler gear gets nice lookin at higher levels but most of the time you look like a brown colored super hero. I play Republic as a Sage but I have a BH and I could tell the difference in visual appeal after just a few levels out of the starting zone. Fix customization and the way the armor looks and you will see more republic players fast.

What they could do is actually balance the mirrored abilities between sides, that would be a start.

Also make the Republic story lines and characters more flavorful, less forgetful, I guess too.

^ This

As of right now, all empire classes are stronger except IA, IA has a couple flaws that make smuggler better

Though honestly I like both the story lines..Though JC evil is a joke, its very mustache twirly

A guildie of mine had a really good suggestion.....

Basically make it free for rebels to transfer into a server that is extremely imbalanced and then have it so the imperials on the same server can switch to a sever with less imps than rebels....

Its a rough draft but it is still viable.

Short term, I would give the players the option to queue with the faction that has the lower population. That would help the PvP imbalance issue.

The PvE issue is a lot harder to solve. Some reasons that people are gravitating towards the Imperial side is that players feel that animations, gear, and story line are better on the imperial side. Of those gear is probably the easiest to fix. Beyond that you would likely be looking at expansion content with a cool Republic race (Wookies for example) and more interesting/powerful animations for new abilities to Republic classes and awesome class story content.