POLL: Do you think PVP stats/gear should go?

KOTOR-LOVER

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You make people who vote "yes" to be the enlightened people, and those who vote "no" to be elitist jerks.

You, my fellow swtor gamer, are not seeing the complete picture.

I am currently attempting to change this but it is essentially how it works. From what I have seen, you guys are adamant elitist jerks holding on so stubbornly to a flawed system that just rewards people with unfair advantages.

I'm trying to change the answers, but these questions ARE the true arguments from both sides. One says PvP should only be based on skill and the rest say to go farm more until you're on our level. I'll try to change "n00bs" to make it less biased. I'm sorry you feel taht way but you should still vote either "yes" or "no", it doesn't change anything.

On another note. I said this in another thread...

There IS a gear cap. There is no infinite world of pvp gear that the longer you play, the better gear you get...

The current gear cap is Battlemaster. It is really not terrible hard to get it now that Ilum is nice and broken with valor handouts.

People like you are so set on being carebear, you don't see why pvpers want a gear with special pvp stats. Otherwise, raiding gear would be best. I don;t want PvErs having the same gear as me. Plain and simple.

There IS a gear cap. There is no infinite world of pvp gear that the longer you play, the better gear you get...

The current gear cap is Battlemaster. It is really not terrible hard to get it now that Ilum is nice and broken with valor handouts.

People like you are so set on being carebear, you don't see why pvpers want a gear with special pvp stats. Otherwise, raiding gear would be best. I don;t want PvErs having the same gear as me. Plain and simple.

Check that thread, I responded.

I'll post it here as well:

You don't understand do you? Was it fun getting it? Was it fun getting beat down all the way up until you finally had a complete Battlemaster set? NO! What new player would enjoy that kind of grind getting destroyed and demolished until after A LOT of warzones could come out with a full set. It is NOT easy nor is it FUN to grind up the commendations after getting beat down and demoralized warzone after warzone after warzone by people who are already geared out. Why not just make PvP a solid matchup between players of equal stats to see who is better at the game? Why put hurdles in to reach that point? Who finds that fun?

Edited by KOTOR-LOVER

Exactly.

we should start a poll in this poll thread.

Should PVP gear scale with how much time you invest in PVP?

Yes - Because I worked for it, and so can you!

No - Because I don't want to work for it, but still have a chance to kill you!

This is exactly the kind of Bias that doesn't belong here. The OP is so blinded by the fact that not everyone agrees with him that he feels the need to go on a Childish Rampage. Yes, you may not like that I said that but guess what? Instead of it being an opinion, it's the truth. Truth imbedded in your posts where you call people names and use the argument "it's complete BS" without even bothering to give examples.

I also like how you gave an analogy "Oh hey, everybody loves drugs, we should do drugs too!"

I have another analogy that fits your thinking "Hey, that guy makes more money than me for having worked here longer than me! I should get a raise to equal his pay!"

This is why I can't take you serious.

Edited by Mintawno

Now, before you vote, if the answer is no please read these 2 posts:

this if you haven't already

and this (read the TL;DR I guess if you're lazy)

PVP should be based on skill and not seriously limit the new guy. Remember when it was fun in beta and the first week of early access?? The guy in the first one is right, what's the point when it just puts everyone on equal footing EVENTUALLY?

Please cast your vote here since it looks like Bioware disabled the poll option on the forums. It's really easy to vote, just click the answer you agree with.

So before i vote i must read your propaganda?you back up one side only and call it poll?i hope they close this thread and every similar threads out there and give a nasty forum ban to everyone ever starts one!

You see dude as for now its not that big of a deal but what happens when the raids get harder and gear gets better?

They put out new PVP with even more expertise then new 50s hit a brick wall and most will bail just like every other crap mmo the PVP community gets smaller and smaller and replacement people get rare then PVP dies as the devide between old and new players grow.

Nothing wrong with PVP gear i just question the expertise the way it is at its current state. I would be more open to the idea if it gave increases to specific roles that negate the stat such as damage reduction to tanks, DPS increases to dps gear and healing bonus to healers but not the full spectrum.

The only thing i see is a shrinking PVP player base or more brakets and longer queue times then cross server BS.. all bad imo

Its bad and I get no plesure face rolling people..

Edited by Razot

exactly.

We should start a poll in this poll thread.

Should pvp gear scale with how much time you invest in pvp?

Yes - because i worked for it, and so can you!

No - because i don't want to work for it, but still have a chance to kill you!

This is exactly the kind of bias that doesn't belong here. The op is so blinded by the fact that not everyone agrees with him that he feels the need to go on a childish rampage. Yes, you may not like that i said that but guess what? Instead of it being an opinion, it's the truth. Truth imbedded in your posts where you call people names and use the argument "it's complete bs" without even bothering to give examples.

I also like how you gave an analogy "oh hey, everybody loves drugs, we should do drugs too!"

i have another analogy that fits your thinking "hey, that guy makes more money than me for having worked here longer than me! I should get a raise to equal his pay!"

this is why i can't take you serious.

qft

. . .

Exactly.

we should start a poll in this poll thread.

Should PVP gear scale with how much time you invest in PVP?

Yes - Because I worked for it, and so can you!

No - Because I don't want to work for it, but still have a chance to kill you!

This is exactly the kind of Bias that doesn't belong here. The OP is so blinded by the fact that not everyone agrees with him that he feels the need to go on a Childish Rampage. Yes, you may not like that I said that but guess what? Instead of it being an opinion, it's the truth. Truth imbedded in your posts where you call people names and use the argument "it's complete BS" without even bothering to give examples.

I also like how you gave an analogy "Oh hey, everybody loves drugs, we should do drugs too!"

I have another analogy that fits your thinking "Hey, that guy makes more money than me for having worked here longer than me! I should get a raise to equal his pay!"

This is why I can't take you serious.

1) I'm absolutely fine with that poll. That's exactly right. I don't want to have to work to be have a chance at killing you. I want it absolutely equal so it's fair and fun (and based on skill) for everyone from the start.

2) I backup my arguments and explain to you why I call you arrogant.

3) What kind of examples are you looking for?

4) This is a game, not a 2nd life. It should be fun and enjoyable. I'm paying to play and have fun, not to have to work to have fun later.

5) I'm sorry you can't take me seriously. You take that quote completely out of context. People were arguing that since this is an MMO, it must follow every other MMO even if the system is flawed. They might not think it's flawed just like how some people who do drugs don't find what their doing is "bad".

It does not matter what you think they would NEVER, EVER... EVER EVER EVER EVER... EVER

DO anything like that. DO you know how many people they would piss off if they just took out PvP gear or took away the stat that makes PvP gear important.

I dont like the way expertise works but I am not so dumb as to start a poll like this that wont change ANYTHING about the PvP gear in the slightest.

Why dont you find more constructive ways to attempt to fix the game rather then something that no matter how much you post will NEVER change.

PVP should be based on skill and not seriously limit the new guy. Remember when it was fun in beta and the first week of early access?? The guy in the first one is right, what's the point when it just puts everyone on equal footing EVENTUALLY?

Please cast your vote here since it looks like Bioware disabled the poll option on the forums. It's really easy to vote, just click the answer you agree with.

PVP is already based on skill.

If you want same gear, just press one button and ALL have similar stats, gear etc. Guild wars 2 is soon on the market.

Part of the charm in pvp is to get the gear.

Now in SWTOR, to recieve your gear is extremly easy compared to other mmos.

You can have full epic armor in a day if you grind.

Do that in wow and you will have 1 pieace of gear at tops. Add in Arena to the mix and you grind a few days or a week for one gear pieace.

Everyone gets geaar very fast here and the difference between centurion and battlemaster is not as big as in other games.

So it actually boils down to this: Skills.

However of course equal skill but better gear is going to have a larger opportunity of winning.

Then again, that guy farmed his arse to get that gear so let him own you. Come back when you are stronger or learn to apply better tactics.

PVP is all about having to fight to get better gear, and fight other players.

If there was no valor rank or gear upgrades the PVP in SWTOR would be 10% of its current state, as all hardcore pvpers had moved to another game. Simple as that.

I do like the idea of similar stats etc but you get that in SWTOR in my opinion. The grind is so short that it takes but a small effort and you have the same gear as the other top pilots out there.

Over and out

It does not matter what you think they would NEVER, EVER... EVER EVER EVER EVER... EVER

DO anything like that. DO you know how many people they would piss off if they just took out PvP gear or took away the stat that makes PvP gear important.

I dont like the way expertise works but I am not so dumb as to start a poll like this that wont change ANYTHING about the PvP gear in the slightest.

Why dont you find more constructive ways to attempt to fix the game rather then something that no matter how much you post will NEVER change.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2125278#post2125278

Judging from your biased poll, you are basically stating that it's fair for PVE raiders to dominate PVP, but not fair for PVP Battlemasters to do the same.

I am sorry, but raid gear dominating PVP was a disaster in every game it happened to.

Take sports for example (this is kind of a tricky example though):

Take one who plays basketball day in and day out. What do you think will happen to him? He will get better. He won't be rewarded with better shoes or magically be granted an extra 6 inches in height to make him better. He will get more talented. He will get better at playing basketball.

MMO's do not NEED this self-created system that gives players that play more an unfair external advantage. These players will just simply get better at the game! If you work more, you will get better naturally! Why do all of you have to argue and say you need to be rewarded for your efforts when in reality, you ARE probably better than those who haven't been playing?

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

- Sir Winston Churchill

I'm an

A) Pessimist that sees how a disadvantage can discourage me from wanting to PVP.

B) Optimist that knows that I will be challenged, and if that challenge is too much for me, I will be stronger because I persevere.

I hope you chose B

Take sports for example (this is kind of a tricky example though):

Take one who plays basketball day in and day out. What do you think will happen to him? He will get better. He won't be rewarded with better shoes or magically be granted an extra 6 inches in height to make him better. He will get more talented. He will get better at playing basketball.

MMO's do not NEED this self-created system that gives players that play more an unfair external advantage. These players will just simply get better at the game! If you work more, you will get better naturally! Why do all of you have to argue and say you need to be rewarded for your efforts when in reality, you ARE probably better than those who haven't been playing?

^^

That fact that he started a poll about removing expertise showed me that he has NO idea whats even going on.

Can you freaking read? Where does it say expertise anywhere? It does not. I understand how the system works. I am saying to remove EVERYTHING that gives players an unfair advantage in PvP (PvE gear and expertise alike) and bolster stats evenly.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

- Sir Winston Churchill

I'm an

A) Pessimist that sees how a disadvantage can discourage me from wanting to PVP.

B) Optimist that knows that I will be challenged, and if that challenge is too much for me, I will be stronger because I persevere.

I hope you chose B

This is so wrong. The challenge itself should NOT be time! It should be skill! Players that play more will be better (see sports example^) at the game! That should be the challenge! Beating players that are just better than you! Not players that have more gear than you!

MMOs are all about grinding gear. We have PVE to grind for, and PVP gear to grind for. No point in getting rid of half the end game content.
\

earilier mmo's were not about grinding gear and everquest/wow are not earilier mmo's

Can you freaking read? Where does it say expertise anywhere? It does not. I understand how the system works. I am saying to remove EVERYTHING that gives players an unfair advantage in PvP (PvE gear and expertise alike) and bolster stats evenly.

LOL. Yes take out all PvP gear so you get no rewards for doing PvP.

What's it like on fantasy island? Fun?