Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

This is a single isolated situation that completely favored the sorc in that screenshot and the OP is using it as some form of defacto standard that is simply not true.

If by isolated you actually mean extremely common and happening on a daily basis then yes, you might have a clue.

If not, then you shouldn't even be posting here, because you have literally no idea what the capabilities of the class are and clearly can't play it very well.

Yes, you are doing it wrong.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man you are being dense. I said the exact same thing as you. You are completely failing at reading.

Er nice try at not looking dumb, but no, you did not say the sme thing. You seem to think the timer starts after the bubble has been removed.

Are you trying to tell me that you can somehow magically always be in the 10s window? No you can't ...with every 10 second window, comes a 20 second window where it cant be reapplied. Thus, regardless of circumstance, what I said is completely accurate.

No, it's not. Your % is a straight, non-environmental applied mathematical evidence which is correct, but destroyed the moment you take into account there is downtime inside the respawn barrier and running back to the fight.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

No, it's not. Your % is a straight, non-environmental applied mathematical evidence which is correct, but destroyed the moment you take into account there is downtime inside the respawn barrier and running back to the fight.

So basically what you are saying is that a Sorc/Sage dies every 30 seconds on average and thus they are overpowered, because they can double-bubble 100% of the time...

Got it now. Totally overpowered. Better remove it, so they die every 20 seconds instead.

Edited by Payneintherear

Er nice try at not looking dumb, but no, you did not say the sme thing. You seem to think the timer starts after the bubble has been removed.

He was trying to say the bubble will last 30s at most and he needs to wait 20s to reapply. That means, for him there is only a 10s window during which he can immediately reapply the bubble (and for which the previous bubble had 100% absorb efficiency) which makes it a 66.7% chance of occuring under the theoritical circumstances of always fighting non-stop.

The reality we both know and he is ignoring is the fact it doesn't matter if you reapply it immediately after the first is down or not, a few seconds later is jus as good. As long as he is not dead, it's going to be a double bubble. It is also very easy to time it almost perfectly to happen to skew the chances to 90%+ of the time during a Warzone so you can do it immediately because of the barrier at respawn area and the running time to battle.

He is theoritically correct and most likely is as well for his own situation of being a heal spec staying alive for a long time. But in reality, he is an exception.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Wait, have I lost the thread here? Are you suggesting people are taking advantage of the bubble system by intentionally dying? :)

In any case, as sorc are these impossible to kill tank/dps/healers then at most that could only be an advantage at the start of the warzone anyway? :D

Edited by Ntranced

Wait, have I lost the thread here? Are you suggesting people are taking advantage of the bubble system by intentionally dying? :)

In any case, as sorc are these impossible to kill tank/dps/healers then at most that could only be an advantage at the start of the warzone anyway? :D

He's saying they die too fast, which in turn gives them an unfair advantage and thus the bubble really needs to be nerfed.

Edited by Payneintherear

One Sorc? Not a problem

5 Sorcs? Big *********** problem.

No.

Every single time you'll be back in battle, the double bubble will be available. Every single time you are left alone for 20s, double bubble will be available.

If you are not dead and don't have double bubble, that means we have been pounding on you for over 30s without being able to kill you --> there is a problem different from the Sorcerer there. I'm not arguing that.

Over 15+ minutes of BGs, this becomes a serious amount of HPs to remove from one particular individual compared to real tanks. Basically, the amount of time required to kill one of you each time your double bubble is available is slightly too much. And that's for just ONE Sorcerer, the problem is amplified when there are more than one.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

No.

Every single time you'll be back in battle, the double bubble will be available. Every single time you are left alone for 20s, double bubble will be available.

If you are not dead, that means we have been pounding on you for over 30s without being able to kill you --> there is a problem different from the Sorcerer there. I'm not arguing that.

Over 15+ minutes of BGs, this becomes a serious amount of HPs to remove from one particular individual compared to real tanks. Basically, the amount of time required to kill one of you each time your double bubble is available is too much. And that's for just ONE SOrcerer, the problem is amplified when there are more than one.

http://i.imgur.com/QC4zf.jpg

Anecdotal evidence, just like any screenshot ever posted. Make a collection of 20 WZs screenshots in a row with the same result each time and we'll discuss.

Congratulations on not sucking though in that WZ. Still, I bet you were left alone very often for more than 20s and had plenty of double bubble to use. And stop thinking you are the norm.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Hold the train, so what you guys are saying is unless one has 50 Valor and Expertise bubbling out of there *** don't even bother with PvP/WZ's... Do you have ANY idea how broken that sounds? PvE terms it's like saying you cant run a raid unless you have armor that only drops from that raid. Not every one hit 50 in PvP! :mad:

Basically, the amount of time required to kill one of you each time your double bubble is available is slightly too much. And that's for just ONE Sorcerer, the problem is amplified when there are more than one.

Don't try to kill a heal spec 1v1. I can't kill you 1v1, why should you be able to kill me?

There's nothing wrong with SI Sorcs. They're as powerful as the player behind the keyboard, as are all the classes.

Hum, actually Marauder/Sentinel is at the top of the food chain in the right hands.

We'll get our nerf as well, it's only a matter of time.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Anecdotal evidence, just like any screenshot ever posted. Make a collection of 20 WZs screenshots in a row with the same result each time and we'll discuss.

Congratulations on not sucking though in that WZ. Still, I bet you were left alone very often for more than 20s and had plenty of double bubble to use. And stop thinking you are the norm.

dps spec sorcs are incredibly easy to kill.

no actually its called having a guildy (felwar) put guard on you and people were teeing off on me quite a bit. 32k dmg worth anyway.

It's also important to mention, that AOE's are only effective when targetting downwards. Ever try and AE from the Pit onto the acid area or anything..... You can't.

This is also completely ignoring the fact, that you have a class who can bubble your team. Everyone is able to be bubbled and double bubbled, but with dps/burst dps as high as it can be it clearly isn't a problem. If people focus fire, that target is going to dye regardless.

If some one want's try try and get a quick/easy 1v1 against my Sorcerer and I managed to keep myself bubbled/healed before I can either escape or get backup, then it's his fault for being a greedy medal hunter.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Don't try to kill a heal spec 1v1. I can't kill you 1v1, why should you be able to kill me?

You can kill most DPS easily, you make it sound like you have zero damage. It's not top of the line DPS, but it's good enough to kill a target 1v1 in the long run.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

This is me since they introduced the 50 only bracket, i am 3/7/31 spec so not massive AOE

Yeah

I like Sages :p

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/screenshot2012012318455.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/screenshot2012012218555.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/screenshot2012012516120.jpg/

We are imba. Enough said

We still run out of force in LONG battles. If we run into random 20 second battles we never run out of force because we can stop and replenish it. If teams keep sorc/sage engaged in combat long enough they do run dry as a healer but not as DPS if they have regen skills.

I'm not concerned with LONG battles. Skirmishes are what occur in PvP. Not LONG battles. Even in relatively long skirmishes the healer is only ever taken down by focus fire and properly timed stuns to keep them from healing. It should not take any further coordination than the act of focus firing for a full ops group to kill 1 guy.

To put things in perspective, any other healer will run out of juice in a short skirmish if they are dpsing and healing.

I agree with what some others have suggested. Healing should have it's own mode. So for a trooper, they'd either have combat support cell up to use heals or plasma or armor piercing for DPS. But if the DPS cell is up their heals suffer a 70% penalty and vise versa.

This is me since they introduced the 50 only bracket, i am 3/7/31 spec so not massive AOE

Yeah

I like Sages :p

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/screenshot2012012318455.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/screenshot2012012218555.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/screenshot2012012516120.jpg/

We are imba. Enough said

Anecdotal evidence as well. Everyone has an exceptional game once in a while. I had 400k with my Sentinel once, doesn't mean I can do it all the time.

But yeah, nice job. DPS spec did DPS.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve