Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

ESPECIALLY when you can pre-cast it before battle and put it back up a second time as soon as it is down.

Out of the box ....it puts a debuff on you that prevents you from having another shield from ANY sorcerer for 20 seconds.

I suppose you knew that?

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make it two bubbles back to back and you'll understand the problem.

In most cases it cant really be two bubbles back to back. Once you have a bubble casted on you, for 20 seconds you cant get another bubble from -ANY- sorcerer. PvP gear set reduces this to 17 seconds.

sorc dmg is NOT being mitigated, it bypasses ALL armor and is only partially dumbed dwn if classes use their defensive cooldowns. constantly popping DC's instead of doing dmg or healing is not what pvp is about.

lol? ALL lightning attacks are ENERGY based which armor mitigates. Any DoTs are internal damage but they're DoTs....they dont kill you fast or do killer direct damage. WATCH OUT FOR MY 2K CRUSHING DARKNESS CRIT!

sorc dmg is NOT being mitigated, it bypasses ALL armor and is only partially dumbed dwn if classes use their defensive cooldowns. constantly popping DC's instead of doing dmg or healing is not what pvp is about.

What are you talking about? Sorcs do energy damage and that is mitigated by armor and sages kinetic and that is also mitigated.

But regardless, they dont do any more damage than other classes cept maybe guardians/juggs, nor more burst, the difference is they have some aoe abilities..and it isn't even a unique class feature, just look at BH and to an extent Ops.

Out of the box ....it puts a debuff on you that prevents you from having another shield from ANY sorcerer for 20 seconds.

I suppose you knew that?

What part of pre-cast you didn't understand exactly? You cast it before battle as soon as possible (generally when you respawn), run to battle (most likely already 10s or more passed), start battle, takes a few sec to remove first bubble, timer down, bubble up again.

Almost all of them. Armor does nothing. It's supposed to for most of them, but it doesn't currently.

Really?

So you go from "they all bypass armor due to type (wrong)" to "armor doesnt work".

Let me enlighten you: armor works perfectly well. At least for sage. Im sure it does same for sorc.

You know very little. L2P.

Edited by GrandMike

I'd agree with you but, alas, I can not.

Mainly because any nerf to the sorc class at this point would make the class absolutely useless in PVE and PVP.

the sorc has utility, and has sustained damage, not burst, nothing insane compared to other classes.

The bubble is a joke at best, please, anyone can burst down the shield in one hit, once it's gone the sorc has NO survivability or ability to mitigate damage.

Also, for you to attain the numbers posted above, you had a pocket healer, grats, this feat can be accomplished by any class.

This player's thinking is exactly why the nothing but ranged DPS and Sorcs. Sometimes, it seems like the mele class got left out in the cold.

lol? ALL lightning attacks are ENERGY based which armor mitigates. Any DoTs are internal damage but they're DoTs....they dont kill you fast or do killer direct damage. WATCH OUT FOR MY 2K CRUSHING DARKNESS CRIT!

No, it doesn't. Whether armor is bugged or Sorcerer attacks are wrongly labeled on their tooltips is another matter. Armor currently does not mitigate the majority of Sorcerer damage. It's likely they are currently working as internal and elemental damage instead.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

What part of pre-cast you didn't understand exactly? You cast it before battle as soon as possible (generally when you respawn), run to battle (most likely already 10s or more passed), start battle, takes a few sec to remove first bubble, timer down, bubble up again.

What part of 20 seconds of not being able to have another bubble cast on you dont you understand?

0-20 seconds - Cannot refresh existing bubble or replace bubble that was broken.

20-30 seconds - Can refresh bubble.

The latter is the 10 second window where a second bubble is possible.

I am not sure what you fail to understand about what I said.

In other words, in most cases ....and this a healing spec sorc to beging with, a double bubble isnt possible. 66.7% of the time to be exact ...slightly less depending on set bonus. Still more than half, or most of the time ..like I said.

Try again.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/a0biEva/force-lightning

Blalbabla energy damage. ENERGY DAMAGE. And energy damage is mitigated. And 80% of sorc attacks are mitigated. Sage is about kinetic damage, which is mitigated too. If you dont know s**t about sorcs, then dont post. You're brilliant example of the forum whiner. Don't know anything but QQ all the way.

Edited by XapM

Now before we even start i need to point out that I AM A SORCERER!!!!!!

Now i normally play PvE Corruption Spec, as i hate respecing all the time. Since the 1.1 Patch i found that healing in WZ's seem pointless, and extremely boring. As i normally get around 10 medals before the patch i find it extremely hard to break 6 (Inb4 "you are doing it wrong")

So i decided to switch to a hybrid spec Since we killed everything in the 1st 2 days of the week (GJ making Raids very easy, NM here we come :) ) Anyway my spec is 0/20/21

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZccMRdMrZcrcRsMk.1

I have so Much utility it is absurd.

Knock back : Roots targets

Shield : Absorbs around 3000 Then when it breaks it blinds EVERYONE around you

Force speed : 20 sec CD making you nearly impossible to kill as you can get a way most of the time.

Whirlwind: Instant 10 sec CC. When it breaks it stuns for 2 seconds.

Heal : They heal for so much, for a dps tree (But i don't even use them that much due to being healed by damaging abilities.

The Utility would be fine if i didn't push out 400-600k of damage a game with 70-100k healing. I understand what people are thinking when they say nerf sorcs. There has to be a give and take. The only classes that HARD counter me are Ops which just got nerfed... and Bleed spec Marauders.

PVP Stats:

HP: 15810

WP: 1615

Expertise: 460 (9.62%)

Crit: 26.29%

Surge: 72.39%

Alacrity: 10.03%

Bonus Damage: 673.1

Bonus Healing: 484.8

Flame On!!!

Agree with the above poster

Yesterday i tried 5 mins to kill a sorc healer with my sent lvl50 (3 pieces of champion) 18000 hp and 1200 strengh watchman in hutball, we literally went on alone for 5 mins in a corner of the playground, he didnt die, we actually went from one side of the other, i used my 450 strengh adrenal, my saber ward 50% more melee, my trascendance, he didnt die

After the 5 mins another player joined me and we finally killed it

Its absurd really

agree with the above poster

yesterday i tried 5 mins to kill a sorc healer with my sent lvl50 (3 pieces of champion) 18000 hp and 1200 strengh watchman in hutball, we literally went on alone for 5 mins in a corner of the playground, he didnt die, we actually went from one side of the other, i used my 450 strengh adrenal, my saber ward 50% more melee, my trascendance, he didnt die

after the 5 mins another player joined me and we finally killed it

its absurd really

gee perhaps he out geared you? A healer you say? And you, an undergeared melee couldnt kill him as he kited you.

Unbeliveable!!!

Under geared melee should always kill a healer who probably out gears them.

Here is a reality check. If it was a different pure healer you still wouldnt kill them.

Edited by OsirisZoran

I also notice no one decided to print screenshots of their next WZ , well I have so here it is.

If anyone doubts the date/times I can post that as well.

So whats the problem ?

http://imgur.com/f2jtS

Also notice the number of deaths as well as the rest.

Think this should be the end of this thread as this is typical, sure there are exceptions but I could post the next 10 WZ and it would be similar..

Edited by Rackiera

the only thing that needs to be nerfed on sorcerer's is the ability to put bubble on everyone. they should only be able to bubble themselves & their companions. being able to bubble your whole team is OP. the other healers can only shield themself and doesn't last as long as the sorcerer's/sage's. their is no reason why they can bubble everyone on their team. and then just spam force lightning (which becomes a free talent) to rebuild force when needed, so they can re bubble their self and team mates.

There are 8 players in warzone teams. Enought to have 1 sorc in YOUR team to put buble on YOU?

Lets remove healing alltogether since you fought against a team with decent healer and lost, because yours had none.

I also notice no one decided to print screenshots of their next WZ , well I have so here it is.

If anyone doubts the date/times I can post that as well.

So whats the problem ?

http://imgur.com/f2jtS

Also notice the number of deaths as well as the rest.

Think this should be the end of this thread as this is typical, sure there are exceptions but I could post the next 10 WZ and it would be similar..

*** A MELEE WITH 248k dmg while you did 252k dmg?

MELEE NEED A BUFF!

how did you die 7 times!?!?!? you clearly are not playing sorc right! you should be 100 kills 0 deaths 500k dmg 500k healing.

How do I shrink an AVI video, Fraps has made a 30sec clip 1.4gb! lol.

In this huttball, with Force Lightning, I hit a Mercenary for :

391 -> 391 -> 673 -> 391.

He starts to run and I get hit my something for 1830 twice within a 2 second period. (may have been 4 second total I guess).

So I hit him for 1846 over a 3 second, interuptable spell. Does that damage really seem that high which I dealt? Does that also sound like it's high enough that it isn't being resisted? When the delve says 2309 over the duration. So I'm not even hitting the delve, with 1400 willpower, 34% crit chance and 78% crit multipler.

But wait, I thought Sorc's were the best DPS and Healing and TANK? lol.

They can keep themselves alive all they want. The problem is they can keep themselves alive EFFORTLESSLY WHILE DPSing TOO. PvP gear vs crap armor? Nope. If he was in PvP gear I would have been dead in the first 5 sec as their force lighting can hit me for 25% health in 1 hit.

You never get tired of displaying your ignorance and declaring yourself as a fool to public?

Sorc FL, by no conditions - no crits, no surge, no buff stacking would be that strong, regardless on what class applied. If you see your HP drop while you are being FLed - you likely have Affiction, Crushing Darkness, and deathfield debuff on you. And still the FL damage would not be great - its just commulative of them is awesome.

Assassin on other hand, can buff FL to be auto crit, uninteraptable and with 175% of original damage. Yeah, they got lightnings too, you know?

If you PvP so much to be able to post about it on forums, might stop mistaking classes and build by now?