400 synthweaving - now what?

Ryndaris

While I appreciate any response at all, I was hoping for something more constructive... I'm not going to drop it, I'm just wondering if the RE'd epic Force Master stuff I can start making now will be meaningful at 50. Or will it just get instantly replaced by easily accessible 50 gear?

While I appreciate any response at all, I was hoping for something more constructive... I'm not going to drop it, I'm just wondering if the RE'd epic Force Master stuff I can start making now will be meaningful at 50. Or will it just get instantly replaced by easily accessible 50 gear?

If you pvp you can get some really good gear quite quickly, it will be better than anything you can make (champions gear).

Though it can be good to make it all if you are going down the PvE route.

Everything I have seen has said that RE'd 48-49 gear is comparable to, if not better, than Rakata stuff, especially if you crit on the craft for an extra slot.

Just be prepared for all of the time / resources it would take to RE stuff over & over.

Start REing the choice greens into ideal blues then epics. Or work with ideal blues to begin with. You can make some nice epics - IF you follow ideal stat paths (ie, a lot of the crap you pop via REing is crap or ends up with the wrong stats for what you really want. Then try to get epics with augment slots.

Consider which slots you work on since moddable gear is easier to find in some slots than others, and since any brain dead chimp can get mods/armorings/enhancements with ease doing dailies to make uber moddable gear, it's near pointless to make anything for those slots (and a hefty slap in the face to all crafts that make mods since their epic 49 versions are inferior to the ultra braind dead ez-mode get multiple per day daily stuff - excellent job with balance, BW, truly astounding, but I'm not complaining since spending 1 week or less to fully kit out almost every armor slot + weapon on a toon is kinda nice).

IMO, this is the ONLY thing that makes synthweaving decent at max level. The rakata recipes *might* be ok for your spec/armor type. The heavy tanking recipes are pretty much useless junk, IMO, though, it's pretty sad.

So in the long run, is sythnweaving worth building up? I'm just looking for something profitable.
No.

Or, rather, not in the current build and not in the test server build. A future build may make it worthwhile; though I wouldn't even know as to when such a thing would occur. You did mention "in the long run" though. :D

So in the long run, is sythnweaving worth building up? I'm just looking for something profitable.

It is. I've hit a couple purples and put em up on GTN and people will buy. especially low levels. Because purple lvl 11 gear isn't gettin replaced till 18-20. I've been making plenty off it.

Honestly, we only have the present incarnation of things to answer that with under the caveat that things will probably change in as-yet unknown ways in the long term.

You're not going to make good money with Synthweaving at this time. If you RE up to and craft purple gear with augment slots, will it sell? Probably. Will it sell at a profit sufficient to justify its own costs to craft it?

Prooooobably not, or at least not nearly often enough for anybody to care.

Will it potentially be useful to yourself, if you can wear the stuff you can make, to put the time and credits into making crit purples with augment slots?

No. It really just isn't. You could make some stuff that's clearly superior if you have the perfect augments to go with it to most anything you'll get out of normal content...unless you have orange gear you can mod out via daily commendations, at least.

And if you run hardmodes, you'll be rolling on gear that is equal to all the way to hilariously superior to almost anything you can craft.

The exceptions are the craftable Rakata gear, which are on par with what you can get out of hardmode and normal mode ops. And, if you're lucky, you can craft the craftable Rakata armor with augment slots.

I've got, for example, two pieces of crit-augmented Rakata gear on my bounty hunter. It's hilarious and absurd how many biometric crystals I've had to burn to get those crits, too. Absolutely hilarious.

The rest is HM drop or Columi. I think I have one orange left on him that's daily comm set, and I know I've lost rolls on superior hardmode drops for that slot.

Chest slot. Easy to fill, but not through crafting. I sure as all get-out can't make anything better than my daily comm modded orange chest piece through crafting.

I've even got a blue leve 50 chestpiece schematic drop out of hardmodes that I RE'd, stupidly, to purple...and learned that the stats didn't scale up; just the secondary ones.

Even on a crit with that, it would be woefully behind on Endurance (think 33 points or so), minorly inferior on Aim (think 8 points here), superior on Power (whoo, I don't slot for Power anyway), minorly inferior on crit (think 5 points here) and not have Surge at all, which I do stack for.

Level 50 purple, hardmode-dropped schematic; garbage compared to my daily comm slotted orange.

Holding out for a Columi chestpiece drop. It'll happen. And I'll -make- credits doing the HM's until it does rather than lose them trying to sell most of the polished....pieces of fecal matter I can craft.

Oh, and those craftable Rakata pieces that are indeed nice, especially when crit augmented? BOP.

The Dalarian schematics for purple craftables? BOE, yes; I could SELL them, WHOO!

...But they require HM exotic mats -AND- ops-only exotic mats to craft.

I'm already farming hardmodes. I could, in theory, turn a profit on those Dalarian schematics if they didn't require Operations-exclusive purple exotic mats.

so, when you've got operations on farm and the other 7-15 people aren't rolling on those mats (that only drop sometimes), you could make money crafting Dalarian stuff to sell.

Currently? Yeah, have fun with that.

Roll an alt and go biochem. That really was constructive feedback for the current way of things.

Edited by Uruare