And 1 Agent less

Flyingcookie

And that's only if you are ninjaing a point/slaughtering 1 person really fast. It also requires them to be lower geared. What I find to be a little op though is double Ops/Scoundrels. Again, not really the fault of the dev, just the mechanics behind the class. Harder to anticipate these things.

I think if they do this to smugglers, they need to find a way to give them more consistent dps out of stealth.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's only if you are ninjaing a point/slaughtering 1 person really fast. It also requires them to be lower geared. What I find to be a little op though is double Ops/Scoundrels. Again, not really the fault of the dev, just the mechanics behind the class. Harder to anticipate these things.

I think if they do this to smugglers, they need to find a way to give them more consistent dps out of stealth.

I agree with most of what you said and ive been thinking and this is not pointing at Inquisitors or any other class but here it goes.

There should be a debuff when a group reaches a certain number of any same class in a WZ (same team) and Bioware and i do not know if they do have something like this but to somehow spread the classes out.

Edited by Sathid

They have made no mention of that. Just gonna hump them with the nerf bat and leave 'em broken.

Give it another 2 months and EVERYONE will be playing either a BH/Trooper or a Sorc/Sage

Ranged is where its at, can have agents going around being all melee in this ranged fest now can we?

The irony of all this is the players feeling hard done by at the hands of pre nerf Ops, bemoaning quick deaths etc, turning round and telling Ops to 'L2P' post nerf.

Whilst obviously not having 'L2P' against Ops themselves beforehand.

Because in spite of Op's previously high damage opener, they were fairly easy to deal with thereafter, if you knew how (and especially if you had the teamwork.."oh look an Op has popped out of stealth, gank him or her")

This is why, in some of the best Op videos I have seen, they hang out on the periphery, they do not do well anywhere near a massed meleee once in the open.

And also in some of the best Op videos I have seen, I have never seen an Op kill another player of a similar level whilst that player was still in knockdown. This seems to be a myth in the making. However, I have certainly seen players break out of that knockdown well before 3 seconds are up and give the Op a hard time.

So now what would be interesting is to compare the relative powers and abilities of classes out of stealth because the notion the Op/Scoundrel was the most powerful, unbalanced class on the field is also another myth.

I think its just the case that those getting 'stabbed' in the back were taking it a little too personally

They have made no mention of that.

Smuggler

Scoundrel

Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Imperial Agent

Operative

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

Mirros r mirrors

Edited by Flyingcookie

And also in some of the best Op videos I have seen, I have never seen an Op kill another player of a similar level whilst that player was still in knockdown. This seems to be a myth in the making. However, I have certainly seen players break out of that knockdown well before 3 seconds are up and give the Op a hard time.

So now what would be interesting is to compare the relative powers and abilities of classes out of stealth because the notion the Op/Scoundrel was the most powerful, unbalanced class on the field is also another myth.

They can 3 shot a player in full champion. They will be dead before they get up.

Op/Scoundrel was nerfed by Bioware, obviously they were unbalanced. Not a myth. They use metrics by the way, they aren't giving 2 cents about forum posts. That just gives them things to investigate.

The irony of all this is the players feeling hard done by at the hands of pre nerf Ops, bemoaning quick deaths etc, turning round and telling Ops to 'L2P' post nerf.

Whilst obviously not having 'L2P' against Ops themselves beforehand.

Because in spite of Op's previously high damage opener, they were fairly easy to deal with thereafter, if you knew how (and especially if you had the teamwork.."oh look an Op has popped out of stealth, gank him or her")

This is why, in some of the best Op videos I have seen, they hang out on the periphery, they do not do well anywhere near a massed meleee once in the open.

I think its just the case that those getting 'stabbed' in the back were taking it a little too personally

Thats the jist of it,it's very up close and personal and it happens fast and you dont see it coming,thats why people hate it.

People routinely stopped me even after shootfirst,or when i break stealth i get jumped people were close together.

Edited by Sathid

They can 3 shot a player in full champion. They will be dead before they get up.

Op/Scoundrel was nerfed by Bioware, obviously they were unbalanced. Not a myth. They use metrics by the way, they aren't giving 2 cents about forum posts. That just gives them things to investigate.

The 50 barckets have just been live for under 1 week, how can they have numbers and metric then, from end game PvP? premade vs preamde? dont understand

I keep a keen eye out in zones for those casters and healers and what i learned is go after the dark robe ones,the purple robe ones take my damage and then hurt me,i do not 3 shot purple robes.

I don't buy it, sure the opening dmg was a bit high but nerfing our armour pen over the course of a whole match considerably lowers out damage and damage out of stealth (which is pretty bad anyway). We couldn't do bugger all vs heavy armour targets if they have equal gear, i'm fine with that but now with the nerf we will have trouble killing anyone.

Is this a threat? Over many years of MMO gaming I learned to accept buff AND nerfs; if they think that my class is overpowered or does not meet the standards they establish, so be it

Yea, you are right when i think about it this is like it should be; i removed it now.

the other classes can't be get that crappy that easy because they got more useful skills

I switched away from healing in Pvp because you don't get rewarded for it and now the other part of the operative will get useless, too!

[/i][/b]

Medals aren't everything. I know that's hard to understand. The only score that matters at the end of the game is the one that leads to a big "Victory" printed on the top of your scoreboard.

Hilarity: "healing is useless...."

I would be ok with the nerfs if we wouldv'e got more substain dmg/ survibiltiy/ some useful tool.
Death Knights needed tweaking in 4.2. Death strike hit too hard and healed for way to much if glyphed. As Frost, I could bang it out with Fury Warriors and Assassin Rogues with no issues, which Frost really shouldn't have been able to do.

4.3 hit:

1. DS damage was reduced by like 20% (IIRC)

2. The glyph for extra healing was removed.

3. My Ice-Bound Fortitude was knocked from 50% damage reduction to 20%

4. My Anti-Magic Aura had a damage cap put on it.

I was no longer the beast of combat I once was which sucked. No more free arena wins against any melee and many ranged. No more being the HK king in BGs and topping the scoreboard in damage and heals even when we lose.

I got over it and learned to do other things, like load up healers with 200k in reduced healing from Necrotic Strike spam and generally shut down healing output in other ways. Maybe you should try being an assist class rather than always wanting all the glory, because a win is a win even if your fancy name isn't at the top of the board all the time.

Medals aren't everything. I know that's hard to understand. The only score that matters at the end of the game is the one that leads to a big "Victory" printed on the top of your scoreboard.

For ME a difference from 60 to 90-110commendations for bags matters in terms of gearing up

4.3 hit:

And you still got more survivability and useful tool remaining than the agent compared here

in terms of grip survival cd's ect.

Nice you got a heal reduction here a healers bumps you away you can run back die meanwhile and if youre there he just heals against out of stealth damage and laughts

Edited by Flyingcookie

For ME a difference from 60 to 90-110 matters in terms of gearing up
People like you are the reason I despise pugging in a game that's dumb enough to have medals (even more so for the losing team, who should get no medals if you have to include them). It's basically recount for PvP and even less useful to determine someone's skill.

Healers damaging themselves then healing up.

DPS finding the lowest level players (before the split WZs) or the least geared player and burning them constantly in the middle of the map, away from any objective.

Meanwhile, I can avoid combat with my Shadow, plant every bomb, and capture the data personally: x0 medals in Voidstar.

I could go into a long spiel about all the other tasks you could accomplish with your class, but from your posts, it's clear you picked it to be on top of the heap and wouldn't listen anyway. It's fine that you want to be FotM, but don't expect any sympathy when you get knocked down from so high.

With that in mind, I recommend you just roll 1 of each 8 classes and be prepared to switch as future patches get implemented.

Nice you got a heal reduction here a healers bumps you away you can run back die meanwhile and if youre there he just heals against out of stealth damage and laughts
Translation: "I'm no longer the God of 1vs1. This must be a bug and needs to be corrected quickly."

I won't go into just how wrong you are about DKs because it's not worth it (and OT anyway).

But, I'm not a huge fan of healers in this game putting out the damage they do or vice versa. I remember "Shockadins" quite well and priests also putting out big numbers both ways. As immortal as healers are in cata, their biggest hits are usually in the 10-15k range (where everyone else is throwing out 30k+ hits). You may not be able to 1v1 a geared healer, but he damn sure couldn't kill you.

But the solution isn't to have one class that curb stomps everyone.

That's all I'm saying. If they nerf our opener 20% then can we please have something done to our out of combat stealth? My lvl 30 Marauder is hitting harder then my champ geared 50 Ops in WZs other then on the opener, and they have insane tanking cooldowns :rolleyes:

Hilarity: "healing is useless...."

Death Knights needed tweaking in 4.2. Death strike hit too hard and healed for way to much if glyphed. As Frost, I could bang it out with Fury Warriors and Assassin Rogues with no issues, which Frost really shouldn't have been able to do.

4.3 hit:

I was no longer the beast of combat I once was which sucked. No more free arena wins against any melee and many ranged. No more being the HK king in BGs and topping the scoreboard in damage and heals even when we lose.

I got over it and learned to do other things, like load up healers with 200k in reduced healing from Necrotic Strike spam and generally shut down healing output in other ways. Maybe you should try being an assist class rather than always wanting all the glory, because a win is a win even if your fancy name isn't at the top of the board all the time.

Medals are a pretty big deal if you're trying to grind out to battlemaster. I routinely get several hundred more valor a match than my healer friend when it's usually him that carried the team to victory.