Any other Republics quit going to Ilum?

Mallorik

I have been 50 and in full champ gear for a long time, and ive pvp'd every day since release and done all my pvp dailies every day.

Since Ilum was "Fixed" i quit going to ilum i dont know if it was because it is becuase the republic cant finish dailies, or that i dont want to help the imps finish theirs early and power level their valor ranks. Now ive even quit running wz's, this whole thing has just left a really bad taste in my mouth and the lack of concern from devs has made it worse.

This games pvp was the first pvp ive really enjoyed since DAOC, i hope bioware learns fast from mistakes or this game doe not have a bright future.

Edited by Mallorik

I haven't quit going but the balance is indeed bad. The imps are more concerned with the spawn time on the armament's and act like the low number of rep's is normal. I have yet to loot a single armament myself, might as well be a sign up at central that says "keep out".

Going out in that bland, uninspiring scenery only to get farmed 3/4 of the time in order to get gear that serves no real purpose in the end... Yeah I pass on that.

I'm trying HARD to enjoy other class' storylines until BW gets their heads out their asses.

Ilum is not fine...As long as there is a population imbalance it is practically useless to go to Ilum as a Republic player. Especially since you need 30 kills/armaments...as soon as you start killing one Empire player more will inevitably show up before you can get enough kills and being outnumbered means you will die (Stealth classes are the only ones who can kill someone/escape before dying).

They need to implement some kind of bonus for being outnumbered for it to be worthwhile. If there was a buff of some kind to compensate then perhaps you could get a kill or two before dying to 3+ Empire players. Heaven forbid you should actually go to Central Assault where the Armaments spawn...

I have been 50 and in full champ gear for a long time, and ive pvp'd every days since release and done all my pvp dailies every day.

Since Ilum was "Fixed" i quit going to ilum i dont know if it was because it is becuase the republic cant finish dailies, or that i dont want to help the imps finish theirs early and power level their valor ranks. Now ive even quit running wz's, this whole thing has just left a really bad taste in my mouth and the lack of concern from devs has made it worse.

This games pvp was the first pvp ive really enjoyed since DAOC, i hope bioware learns fast from mistakes or this game doe not have a bright future.

I haven't quit going yet, but I'm about to. It usually takes us somewhere around two hours of running around like idiots to try to get our 30 kills. This is my typical daily Ilum experience since the change.

- Go to Ilum, find ops group. 8-10 people in it. <20 people on Ilum, not everyone wants to join. Turn all graphics settings to "low" or "off", because my system that gets 50-80 FPS everywhere else, and about 30 in warzones on high settings, gets 1-5 in Ilum battles on the lowest.

- Check the base to see if they're zerging outside. Slowly have our 1-2 Vanguards pull people into the base as it's the only way we can get a kill.

- If they're not zerging, run around trying to pick off individuals or small groups. We usually kill 1-2 players before the zerg finds us and we are uttlerly destroyed by 30 sorcerer lightning storms.

- Make another attempt or two at picking off players, zerg finds us again and wipes our ops group in seconds.

- Attempt to draw them back to the base. Slowly have our 1-2 Vanguards pull people into the base as it's the only way we can get a kill.

- Realize that 50% of the kills you participated in (read: did damage to player) simply did not count towards your daily.

Typically with our 20 people on Ilum and only 8-12 in our raid group, the Imperial zerg group counts somewhere in the 25-40 range, so there is no chance of us actually winning a fight or having a reasonably balanced engagement. We are - at minimum - always outnumbered at least 2:1.

This is my "PvP" experience, daily, on Ilum. What fun.

Edited by vindianajones

I quit going..I've had the daily for 5 days and have around 8 kills / armaments. The population imbalance / quest change was not thought out. Putting armaments only in central in a slow spawning time was also not well thought out. Why not put these armaments all over the zone? You put them in a concentrated area and turn Reps into a cow being led to slaughter. I think just putting in point caps will put things back to normal, keep the killing / armaments, but add point capping to get credit for daily / weekly. Most reps will not get the daily / weekly done otherwise.

Only when there is an Ops group of about equal size to the enemy will I go out to the ice-shelf on Ilum. Ilum is just a mindless-zerg, they hold center to farm the armaments, which is about as much PVP as trading the tanks. I don't see the "upgrade" or how Ilum was "Fixed".

Go for my dailies and weeklies. If I get a full group and it is not too zergy, then I try and go between WZ pops. Other than that, I'd rather run circles around the fleet station. The low framerates, getting zerged by BMs, and rarely getting kills unless we have a zerg (aka, we manage to get at least 40 people into the instance before it caps) is just not fun. I don't blame imps for going. Heck, getting 200 valor per kill at times is very nice. Especially since BM bags get rid of some of the annoying RNG (no getting repeating items).

They just need to figure out a way to make the outnumbered faction have some sort of advantage. A buff or better yet which side has the lowest amt of players will actually get something for taking over the south central and norther area's. Perhaps make the turrets worth something to the the lower pop...something. Give us a reason to be there and a reason why being outnumbered might actually be beneficial in some way.

Armaments should spawn at south, north, and central and contain 3 armements per box.

Doesn't fix Faction balance and only increases the rate at which Imps get gear. Sounds like the next fix Gabe will come up with though.

Armaments should spawn at south, north, and central and contain 3 armements per box.

That would help a bit but the pop is so imbalancd you will still see a much larger percentage of imps getting their dailies done than rep's. I sat on Ilum with a low lvl sith out of curiosity and that's mostly what they complain about, the spawn rate on the armaments...lol. Rep's are just a bonus for them when they do run across a few. Sad state of things.

Ilum is not intended for you to run around solo. A few times a day my guild gets a couple ops groups together, we roll Emp and camp them outside their base to get everyone's dailys done, then leave. Get into a guild that likes to PvP. Even small groups can run around getting good kills and valor picking off stragglers. If you are running around Ilum getting owned, its your own fault.

Ilum PVP was not fixed at all. It was merely skewed to the Empire side. There's literally no difference at all to blowing up tanks or collecting armaments to complete the daily. If Empire controls Ilum all day, then they get to go in and pick up armaments and finish their daily at their leisure, while us pubs have to form up an entire raid just to make it to the center of the map.

The really funny thing about PVP on my server is that the Imps are so used to zerging us that hardly any of them know how to PVP on a 1v1 basis. Every time I catch one of them off by themselves they usually die before they even get a hit off on me. Spamming Force Lightening over and over only works in a zerg, not when I catch your asp out in the open with my interrupt key ready.