Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Todays update... wow what a difference! :)

ZedFighter

I have Ati Radeon 5770 HD x2 crossfireX. I have Full HD resolution, all maxed but AA off and no shadows. In fleet 60-70fps on crowded times. It's enough for me. Other specs of my CPU is 4Gb memory 1333MHz, AMD Phenom Black Edition II B55 4 cores activated at 3,51GHz processor. And 7200rpm normal 250Gb hard drive. So i had issues before but after patch my game runs definetly smoother and no lag. 60ms latency at Lord Calypho. Thank you BW once more. Can't wait future patches for even better game experience.

-J the Fan boy

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It only took a few minutes, oh hang on.. no it took a MONTH!

I will get flamed by other fanboy's for saying this but this wasn't quick.

Thank goodness it is here at last.

Why is it most of the trolls never have a forum profile pic...is it just me or does anyone else notice this...

Anywho on topic, games running great for me, around a 25-30 fps improvement. I'm so happy that these guys could get a fix out this quick, and yes I said quick. I've played other games that have waited months for a simple fix.

I really want to give the devs a big thumbs up! for 1,1,1. Combat feels *alot* more fluid.

We did three hardmodes last night, and not once did i feel like my character dind't do what i wanted her to do. Great Job Bioware!

Tested during raid with my Operative healer.I can say i noticed a huge difference even with my low-end PC . Everyone on raid said almost the same. We are not 100% there yet (to make the combat flow perfect) but surely its a huge step to the right direction.

Now i want to see all the doom-sayers to post on forums and take back all those crap they have said and apologize in behalf of community.

Why is it most of the trolls never have a forum profile pic...is it just me or does anyone else notice this...
I typically find those who attack a poster's lack of forum avatar, instead of arguing the points of said poster, to be the biggest trolls.

see this is what seperates SWTOR from other MMO launches.

Every mmo is going to have a lot of bugs when it launches.

The key is how quick the company is to handle the bugs and get it working right.

GG Bioware keep up the good work.

agreed , they fixed it in an acceptable time frame. , GG Bioware!

Played last night on my commando and the ability delay has got a lot better , the cooldown bars seem quicker and run smoothly. Didn't notice any difference in fps , appart from in combat there was no slow down.

One thing it seems to have broken is m1-4x my npc when I send him in , its usually with a missile . ability 7 , he now just stands there and the green arrow on the ability just stays on . If you then try a different ability on him and reselect number 7 it then seems to work , you broke my robo , nooooooooooo.

All in all cool ty Bioware , keep up the great work.

Badorb.

like many others I am still at work and look forward to playing tonight to experience the improvements! if I can squeeze a little more out of my aging computer I'll be happy. :)

just to follow up and post my results and reaction to the patch-- I went from 2-15fps (sad I know) to 20-35fps, much improved! I was able to bump up my settings a bit as well as the resolution again! I had to turn stuff down when I got to Tatooine cause it was just getting worse with each planet.. I still get a little laggy on the larger planets and when a lot of people are on screen but that's just my old computer.. it is better than before though. :)

I also never knew I was experiencing the ability delay bug till playing with it fixed.. I always knew something was funky but was blaming it on my aging PC lol! combat is much improved with my better frame rates and the delay fixed. Thanks Bioware!

Edited by DeviantewoK

• 3 weeks later...
Didn't a lot of critics on here say they couldn't ever fix the delay problem because of the hero engine???? Fail critics....

fun fact : Most people who complain about engines or programming in general couldn't write a simple array sort without looking it up. Now I'm not saying people are ignorant of what they're saying... oh wait yes I am...

fun fact : Most people who complain about engines or programming in general couldn't write a simple array sort without looking it up. Now I'm not saying people are ignorant of what they're saying... oh wait yes I am...

Ain't it the truth. Everything in IT is easy, right?

I don't believe proper software engineering is really part of IT.

These days I usually think of IT as System Administration.

But some of those guys probably have to be experts in both fields.

And I would think one should be able to write a doubly linked list of objects sorted by pointers (not managed) without looking it up, not just a simple 1D array sort. In an interview on the white board in front of 6 engineers in under 2 min. OK GO :eek: LOL

I'm still in awe of what they have achieved so far.

Edited by DelphinHunter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.