The real nerf needs to be on AoE effects.

Crylor

I play in WZ that feature nothing but Sages and Troopers and play as a marauder to be different but alongside almost all Sorcs and Mercs (I left out ops and scoundrels because the justified nerf they are getting which will likely diminish thier numbers)

As I thought about most people playing these two classes and most Mara complaining that for all the wonders the Mara class is hyped up to be its just not able to cut it in group PVP, it dawned on me that it's because the AoE effects in the game are OP and the slow effects by these AoE casters just make the situation even worse.

1 class for example has the ability to AoE kill or spec AoE heal and have the ability to use slowing on attackers to die by the AoE or to be slowed enough to allow the burst speed get away to be healed by the same class.

This is why so many people complain about even wanting to play as a Mara because our dmg is back loaded and there is little that can be done by our class if we try to participate in a group fight under these circumstances.

I suggest the devs tone down the AoE dmg and heals of all classes, mine included. I posted the outcome of a match I was just in where I did over 300 000 in dmg, and 46 kills and no deaths. I attribute the dmg to the smashes I was doing and the kills to the fact that I avoided group Fighting like the plague other than to kill the pers I was chasing and throw a smash finisher at them which splashed onto others.

So what you really is saying is that I don't die but nerf everyone anyways so I can have it easier?

So what you are saying is that you don't read things for comprehension? I did say that I avoided group PvP like the plague and only went after selective targets. Not hard to avoid dieing under those circumstances.

Edited by Crylor

As a focus specced Sentinel, nerfing my main damage deal ability doesn't sit well with me.

They need to front load the dmg of Mara more. If they did that I doubt you'd be so dependant on smash or the Jedi equivalent.

Not very hard to get outhealed or outdamaged either, since sorcs/sages hell even troopers/hunters drop down AoE and alot of it when they can.

If you want to go after selective targets and not participate in group pvp then by all means that is your choice BUT in group pvp there is and will always be AoE damage and if you don't participate in it, you will never have as high numbers as those that do.

No reason to call out for an AoE nerf just because you don't participate in group fighting and only does splash damage outside of your "selected" target..

And my reading comprehension is fine, your maturity level on the other hand is highly questionable.. Personal insults after 1 post, gj!

What needs to be nerfed about some AoEs is the number of targets affected. Sage's AoEs are fine, they affect 1+5 and 3 targets except for the channeled one, which should be limited to 5-6 targets as well. It's especially important for Ilum PvP, where zergs can get obliterated by a couple AoEs.

Regards,

Kalantris

Not very hard to get outhealed or outdamaged either, since sorcs/sages hell even troopers/hunters drop down AoE and alot of it when they can.

If you want to go after selective targets and not participate in group pvp then by all means that is your choice BUT in group pvp there is and will always be AoE damage and if you don't participate in it, you will never have as high numbers as those that do.

No reason to call out for an AoE nerf just because you don't participate in group fighting and only does splash damage outside of your "selected" target..

And my reading comprehension is fine, your maturity level on the other hand is highly questionable.. Personal insults after 1 post, gj!

Ha, wow... So if it's immature to attack someone after 1 post then what are you who attacks on thier FIRST post? Please stop posting in this thread your trolling doesnt suit you well.

Also, my non participation in group PvP is because AoE is OP not because there is any AoE at all. Why else are we so heavy on these two AoE classes? Seriously stop posting in here if you aren't going to try to make sense.

I suggest the devs tone down the AoE dmg and heals of all classes, mine included. I posted the outcome of a match I was just in where I did over 300 000 in dmg, and 46 kills and no deaths. I attribute the dmg to the smashes I was doing and the kills to the fact that I avoided group Fighting like the plague other than to kill the pers I was chasing and throw a smash finisher at them which splashed onto others.

And you forgot to say there was a 3 healers in your team. So enough to boast with these numbers.

ummmm, hello... if you are rage spec you are best in groups not on a single target. If you are talking about annihilation then you are one of the few classes to be able to take a juggs down and you have decent burst too. Carnage may need a bit of tweaking but your cries of making BW conform to what you want rather than the community at large seem lame an terribly selfish.

Hmmm , I some what agree.

I think when you trinket it should give a x seconds of snare / root/ stun / immunity thus allowing the player to make their next strategic action.

You do BUT your resolve must be full when you trinket out of a CC

ummmm, hello... if you are rage spec you are best in groups not on a single target. If you are talking about annihilation then you are one of the few classes to be able to take a juggs down and you have decent burst too. Carnage may need a bit of tweaking but your cries of making BW conform to what you want rather than the community at large seem lame an terribly selfish.

This is what the community wants... Less dependance on two classes that are heavy AoE. And I know you don't play a Mara if you are saying things like "you are best in groups".

I think there may be promise to a prior post that suggested few AoE targets and a closer range requirement to AoE.

And you forgot to say there was a 3 healers in your team. So enough to boast with these numbers.

Uhm your comment makes no sense in the context of this conversation. No one is boasting about anything. All that was said is that the high dmg was due to burst AoE, again that was the stated problem, not a boast. And the avoidance of death had mostly to do with trying to go after people not in the blob of AoE, again that's the problem.

I'm trying to think of where, on any map, this is an issue for a team not silly enough to get herded like sheep. Maybe I'm forgetting somewhere?

Hmm where would people be herded like sheep on any of these maps... Hmm wouldn't be the ball carrier or ball spawn point or goal zones in hutt ball.

Surely not at any of the turrets in civil war. And never ever would I think people would group near the doors in void star.

You're absolutely right, people are never inclined to group up at all in the WZs.

Edited by Crylor

Ha, wow... So if it's immature to attack someone after 1 post then what are you who attacks on thier FIRST post? Please stop posting in this thread your trolling doesnt suit you well.

Also, my non participation in group PvP is because AoE is OP not because there is any AoE at all. Why else are we so heavy on these two AoE classes? Seriously stop posting in here if you aren't going to try to make sense.

If you call my first post an insult you are very very sensitive.

Can you direct me to video/photo proof of this OP AoE? I play alot of classes, one of them is a sorc.. Not geared, hell not even 50 yet and sure I AoE when needed but the numbers my storm does is nothing to celebrate over, I use it to interrupt bomb planting or turret capping when there are multiple targets.

I've been hit for a lot harder from a juggy/mara AoE then I have from a sorc/sage.

My guess is that you got your no death streak ended by someone AoEing the door in voidstar and you got caught in it so now it needs to be nerfed.

Hmm where would people be herded like sheep on any of these maps... Hmm wouldn't be the ball carrier or ball spawn point or goal zones in hutt ball.

Surely not at any of the turrets in civil war. And never ever would I think people would group near the doors in void star.

You're absolutely right, people are never inclined to group up at all in the WZs.

In Huttball one person should be keeping an eye out for that and CC the spammer or kill them while the rest keep up with the ball carrier. Even pug teams can do that much. Well, some of them.

Turrets in civil war have plenty of room to avoid aoe if you're defending, and if you're trying to capture, shouldn't you have killed the enemy first? Same with the doors in Voidstar. Plenty of room.

Sorry to break it down to you , but - AoE sucks. Most of them, with few long cooldown exceptions (Death from Above) sucks damage wise, and are ineffective in combat where you can contribute more by taking down single target much quicker.

They only become effective when stucked - i.e. multiple sorcs Force Storms, BH bh blasts, Melee AoE attacks at same area: then they are effective. But than again, if you let this happen you deserve to die.

About people saying AoE are effective in Illum - yes, they sure as hell are: its in a nature of mass PvP. Consider t hat 1on1 open world pvp, PvE, Warzone pvp and open world mass pvp are whole different things requiring different tactics, talent builds and team actions. So why should AoE be penalized?

Uhm your comment makes no sense in the context of this conversation. No one is boasting about anything. All that was said is that the high dmg was due to burst AoE, again that was the stated problem, not a boast. And the avoidance of death had mostly to do with trying to go after people not in the blob of AoE, again that's the problem.

So, your another thread was boasting about your crap damage? It is called "This is what someone who knows how to play Mara can do...", while it had to be called "This is what any dd can do with 3 healers in team". So now you told, that AoE is imbalanced and your damage in WZ is not result of your skill? That is makes sense...

But IMO there some abilities, that can allow players to avoid AoE, it binded to AWSD by default.

Is a 5th grade reading level of five paragraphs beyond your abilities? By the way, you may want to get used to saying "fries are done" each time you hear a buzzer or an alarm that goes off because you are going to be saying it alot in your future career.

I hear ad hominem attacks are great way to enforce your arguments.

P.S. Most AOE attacks hit 3 or 5 targets and have long cooldowns. It's done well in this game.

Edited by Orangerascal

Death from Above has nice DPS. If your victims are foolish enough to stand in the tiny area it actually affects. Sadly, most move. And the cooldown is long, too. In fact, if they nerf Tracer Missile, I really hope they shorten the cooldown on Death From Above, not for pvp, but for pve. Mobs, at least, are silly enough to stay put. And for some reason, they get knocked down by it, too, unlike those pesky players. Edited by maradigamer

Huddling aruond the ball carrier = stupid.

Running infront of the ball carrier = wise.

You can pull him, he can jump you, he can throw the ball at you. If you swarm the ball carrier, you deserve to get aoe in the face.

Same goes for Voidstar, if you huddle at the bomb, expect aoe in your face.

The goal is to keep the enemy from the target, not draw them in.