Origin Pre Order Misleading

FollowTheSith

I know every1 is tired of the QQ, this isn't that or I hope it isn't. After i reread the origin pre order it pretty much promised you can play 5 days early, The site has changed now and say if you pre-order now you can get in now and start playing ( not in those exact words but pretty close) For those of you ( me include ) that ordered it threw Origin do you feel cheated. I don't because I read what BW had to say so i just gotta roll wit the punches till I'm in.

My preorder was on 8 DEC i waited to late o well.

no becuase origin never said anything like that it says what the front page of swtor says you may play up to 5 days, you then check the fact and find out its based on your pre order registration. it was very clear for me.

and I realized in november i was taking a chance.

Actually, Origin says 'Early Access has started, Pre-order to play.' Looks like they're intentionally trying to mislead people. How early access works is hidden in the text on the bottom of the page after the system requirements, just so they can avoid lawsuits for people who get conned by it.

Fact is, it clearly says 'Pre-order now for early game access.' Sounds to me like that means, if i were to pre-order it from origin right now, I could play it right now. It's almost a scam lol

Edited by Indurin

maybe not word for word but if you go to the site now the way it is worded is a little misleading. I knew i wouldn't get in early after i wen to BW website and i'm cool with that origin just threw me for a loop at first.

Side not go to this site to see if you Laptop/desktop can run SWTOR

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=363&game=Star%20Wars:%20The%20Old%20Republic

seeing as every is being let in by friday I think there statement is more correct then wrong.

Dec isn't getting in till Friday it was posted already, I'm not trying to bash any1 it just kinda mislead some of us. I've been waiting since 2008 so another day or 2 is cool wit me

seeing as every is being let in by friday I think there statement is more correct then wrong.

Not at all, it's just like the statement on the front page of swtor.com, which says 'Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now being playing the game!' It's clearly wrong, as i'm a fan who has pre-ordered the game, yet i cannot play at this moment. Sure, the statement will be true in a few days, but it's a lie right now.

Edited by Indurin

You remember "Rift?" They screwed around with pre-order early access, too, and it caused them no end of customer complaints. I think most players said that it felt like they were lied to right off the bat. It alienated a whole group of customers.

Maybe it will work differently for Bioware (EA), though. Who knows?

Not at all, it's just like the statement on the front page of swtor.com, which says 'Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now being playing the game!' It's clearly wrong, as i'm a fan who has pre-ordered the game, yet i cannot play at this moment. Sure, the statement will be true in a few days, but it doesn't make it true now.

Hey, it doesn't say "all fans". Or even specify human fans.

The way it should be read: If there were a ceiling fan able to pre-order this game, it would now be able to play.

I know every1 is tired of the QQ, this isn't that or I hope it isn't. After i reread the origin pre order it pretty much promised you can play 5 days early, The site has changed now and say if you pre-order now you can get in now and start playing ( not in those exact words but pretty close) For those of you ( me include ) that ordered it threw Origin do you feel cheated. I don't because I read what BW had to say so i just gotta roll wit the punches till I'm in.

It did not. I ordered via Origin and it never said I would get the full Early access and this was back in Oct.

yes i am very mad! the devolopers (yes i said devolopers, and you guys can take off my comment if you want) went back on what they said. trust me i ready it and it said play five days early not UP to five days early. that is something they have changed. iordered mine on december 3rd and am still waiting

Actually, Origin says 'Early Access has started, Pre-order to play.' Looks like they're intentionally trying to mislead people. How early access works is hidden in the text on the bottom of the page after the system requirements, just so they can avoid lawsuits for people who get conned by it.

Fact is, it clearly says 'Pre-order now for early game access.' Sounds to me like that means, if i were to pre-order it from origin right now, I could play it right now. It's almost a scam lol

Fact of the matter is, if you are able to access the game servers and play the game before the 20th, you have "early access." You are still playing it before someone who did not pre-order the game. You may think that pre-ordering on the 12th of December should give you the ability to play it on the 13th, but Bioware has stated a number of times that they were gating pre-orders in the order that they were received, with the first pre-orders getting access sooner.

I know, it sucks, what with Bioware using the time-honored tradition of "first come, first serve" that pretty much everyone in the modern world learns by the age of three, but I'm sure if you try REALLY hard you'll be able to deal with it.

Also, keep in mind that by releasing early access on the 13th they have essentially sped up the process for people who ordered late. Orders placed in December will have access starting Friday, which is the 16th of December, which is still four (4) whole days before the game officially "launches." If they had kept with the old early access model, you would be playing on the 18th instead, with only two days of early access.

So quit yer' ********.

Edited by Quor

learn to read the screen (fine print included) and not just click away at the buy button after the first sentence?

you are very right I can admit that, I didn't read the fine print, Like most of society i'm amd predisposed to read the big letters and not the small. Developers know ppl do this and are taking advantage of it

Hey, it doesn't say "all fans". Or even specify human fans.

The way it should be read: If there were a ceiling fan able to pre-order this game, it would now be able to play.

lol :D. Yeah, but not specifying something pretty much means anyone that falls into that category. It should instead say 'Early Access has Begun!' then 'Read More' under it. It shouldn't list a fact like anyone who pre-ordered can play now. Sure, you get the real details on it if you click Read More, but the first statement on the main page shouldn't exist at all. It's the first thing you see about early access when you log into swtor.com, and if someone takes it to heart and pre-orders, they were basically scammed. It's a marketing gimmick.

Bottom line is if things remain as they have been the last two days.. You'll likely be playing on Friday. Don't sweat it man. That is 4 days of early access. Only 1 day off the previous maximum.

Same as I will get and I ordered in November.

yes i am very mad! the devolopers (yes i said devolopers, and you guys can take off my comment if you want) went back on what they said. trust me i ready it and it said play five days early not UP to five days early. that is something they have changed. iordered mine on december 3rd and am still waiting

I ordered the end of Novmeber and it said up to 5 days early, giving misinformation like your doing adds nothing but a black mark on the community.

I don't really care that much, but whole thing seems a little stupid.

I remember like 7 years ago I pre-ordered a couple MMO's. They each said "pre-order by this date for early access" and so I did. Then they said early access will start 3 days early at this time. That day came, the servers opened up to everyone who pre-ordered by said date. Since they knew how many people pre-ordered, they knew how many servers to open up. Everything went fine, everyone got what they expected. No big deal. Not sure why BW has to make the whole thing such a mess.

you could go complain on ea's website. the staggered early access is not new news.

I never said it was I was just wondering if any1 else feel cheated. I'm not raging and i'm not cancelling my pre order I just took the time ask a question not ************ about it. Is it so hard to have a piece full convo on the forum wit out ppl taking it to the extreme

This type of intentional misdirection really endears me to Bioware (EA).

Fact of the matter is, if you are able to access the game servers and play the game before the 20th, you have "early access." You are still playing it before someone who did not pre-order the game. You may think that pre-ordering on the 12th of December should give you the ability to play it on the 13th, but Bioware has stated a number of times that they were gating pre-orders in the order that they were received, with the first pre-orders getting access sooner.

I know, it sucks, what with Bioware using the time-honored tradition of "first come, first serve" that pretty much everyone in the modern world learns by the age of three, but I'm sure if you try REALLY hard you'll be able to deal with it.

Also, keep in mind that by releasing early access on the 13th they have essentially sped up the process for people who ordered late. Orders placed in December will have access starting Friday, which is the 16th of December, which is still four (4) whole days before the game officially "launches." If they had kept with the old early access model, you would be playing on the 18th instead, with only two days of early access.

So quit yer' ********.

Yeah... most of your post has nothing to do with what I said. I didn't say you wouldn't get early access, I said that the way it's worded is misleading and makes it seem like you're getting access as soon as you order it. Also, just because Bioware has posted several times what they were doing about early access doesn't mean someone who is ordering has read it. It could've all been solved with a simple 'Click Here for details about early access!' on the order page, with the link taking you to a post on the swtor forums detailing how early access works. As for everything else, I personally ordered from Amazon in october, i'm just saying what it looks like from an outside perspective.