End of chapter one fight, way too hard?

Baromega

this fight is easy... run up, smack him a few times to get aggro and get him down off the stairs. if he starts casting a spell, interrupt. onces hes chasing you, sever tendon and corrosive dart. after that, sick kaliyo or whoever on him while you kite him around the computer screens on the right side. if he starts to cast a spell, run up and get a few hits on him then LoS him with the screens. use your rifle shot and overload shot to keep aggro. stun or flashbang (when corrosive is off) if it gets sticky and you need to heal. kiting is the way to win this easily. ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly didnt have a problem with it. he was just like any other elite mob. interrupt something, throw in a stun and he's dead

I think maybe some people are getting there too early. I got there at 32 (the quest is level 32 as well) and didn't have any trouble at all. I used concealment and Kaliyo. Not particularly amazing gear or anything.

As you said, you should stun and interrupt, and he should go down easily enough.

I'm not saying the fight isn't bugged though. It is.

For the average joe (me, others) it is hard as hell. But you will get it eventually like I did. And in doing so, you will feel a sense of accomplishment in the game, so stick with it.

Didn't find many (any) helpful videos on the web, but many good pointers in this and other TOR IA forum threads.

What worked for me (Concealment, lvl 33 at time of kill) was to use Kaliyo in Sniper Sight stance and as passive for opener. Pop Stealth and Sneak, then get point blank on Jadus and open with Debilitate or Flash Bang. Run like hell off Jadus's platform to the next-lower level on the left side ( left when looking at Jadus from below him). I found one single computer console that los'ed his casts reliably on that left side, that's why I recommend fighting him there.

When Jadus awakes and you are out of line-of-sight behind that computer terminal AND Kaliyo is still passive, he will 100% of the time get off the platform and down to you. Now put Kaliyo on attack. Exact rotation goes out the window, but your strategy is to:

-stay close to him and that console- avoid running around the whole place

-keep aggro on yourself by dps'ing and let Kaliyo do supplementary dps

-interrupt his casts by los'ing him around that computer terminal or using Distraction

-when you have an stun off cd, use it to interrupt a cast. then either: heal yourself or Kaliyo, or (if everyone's health is reasonable) instead hit him with unanswered dps

-try and keep Corrosive Dart up on him

By shutting down the bulk of his damaging casts and doing damage and healing when you can, you WILL come out on top. The tipping point for you will be when you learn how to manage the los game and still do damage and effectively keep yourself healed.

Enjoy Chapter 2!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having all sorts of problems. He's a level 32 boss!!!??? I'm a 33 marksman and can barely get him below half health. The targeting issues don't help at all

of course 30 seconds after i post this i beat him. Interrupts are the key

Edited by Lionwulf

I don't think he's too hard, but I do think he's a shocking step up from everything you've fought to that point, which makes the fight seem impossible (bugs aside).

Unlike everything else you've fought, which is just typical burn-em-down fodder, you have to actually use a strategy against Darth Jadus.

I wiped about 6 times. Then I got a tank to come hold his attention. It's a fight that, if done the way it seems to be intended, would take forever and require a class dependent on cover for much of what it does to run around out of cover and kite.

I didn't think about kiting till later, as it hadn't been necessary up to this point in the game.

Edited by Akash

I'm on this stage now. I'm Level 32, same level as the mission and the "bug" is a pain in the ***. You must be stood on top of him to hit him and thus cannot set yourself up to do some damage before Kaliyo is dead.

Bioware, given that your game is so focused on class stories I'm am absolutely amazed you haven't fixed this issue yet.

Edited by Tarka

Finally got it done today after I got a friend to help out. It really is a shame this is still bugged because the storyline after this is so amazing and I suspect a lot of players are stuck there.

Not only that but Bioware in their wisdom saw fit to fiddle with the same quest for the Republic Smuggler questline called The Lightspring.

Patch 1.1.2

The Lightspring: The toughness of Vaverone Zare and Nariel Pridence has been decreased. This mission can no longer be failed.

So they see fit to give The Lightspring the "easy button" so I guess we can hope for a similar poor solution for Defender of the Empire when they get around to "fixing" it...:(

Oh and just so you know, there was nothing at all wrong with The Lightspring, in fact I thought that quest was brilliant and one of the highlights of the entire Smuggler class questline...

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

The "Can't see target" bug in Jadus Fight is a KNOWN ISSUE since launch (or even before). I'm surprised to see Jadus post popping out every 2 or 3 days here. When I fought him back in Jan, I was informed by the CM that this bug is on the top priority list, apparently it has been there for quite a while.... don't know how "top" it has to be to get Bioware to fix the fight.

I got wiped out so many times, blow so much money on repair...

Here's what I did

1, out level Jadus by 3 level (I beat him with lvl 35 sniper).

2, send your companion to fight him.

3, you should be able to target him as soon as he move off the platform.

4, use A LOT of Distraction when you see Jadus' blue bar is building. Make sure he doesn't use any of his force power, or you'd be dead in 3 seconds (his force power regularly deals 1000-1500HP damage).

5, Make sure use all of your disrupting skills, distraction, Debilitate(when he's up close), flash grenade.... You won't deal a lot of damage, let Vector or Kaliyo do most damage, you can hold threat and use medpack when needed.

The key of this fight is to disrupt Jadus so he doesn't use his force power. Vector and Kaliyo both works fine, but I personally prefer Vector because he can deal a lot of damage when I'm busy holding threat and disrupt. Good luck.

Edited by FluorineSpark

I am level 32, logged off in the room waiting for the patch to hit, unsubbed, my time runs out in a week or so...

1.1.3 isn't looking good for a patch on him yet, which would cause me to change my mind. I can't believe this isn't a high priority. In the least they could move him off the platform for the last two fights so the sight issue would be gone. I personally wonder if they know how to fix it, because beyound admitting it's an issue they have said nothing, nada, not even mentioned they are working on it, or communicated with us about what the progress might be... it's frustrating considering the bug is weeks old now.

What I tried...

I tried getting close to him, but he pushed me back and I couldn't see him again (being a ranged class also meant he kept interrupting my timed abilities before I could use them), so after dying lots and watching my companion die; when he was not too bad to nail on the first fight, made me decide to wait. I have played other characters and don't want to play any more until I can get legacy points, which I am two fights away from if they would fix this bug.

I unsubbed because I refuse to pay for a game I can't play... not really a statement or anything, just common sense.

3 Seconds, really? My Kaliyo mostly got CCd and whirled around while I stayed crouched inside the boss, using ambush (with knockback, I'm a sniper) didn't really work because he flew straight back up and evaded:P

But only p2-p3 was bugged. Also, I only died once, at lvl 33 I think, and that was because I missed an interrupt (can't remember the name), and Kaliyo had died. But the 2nd tried Kaliyo didn't die, and it wasn't until p3 that I got the LoS bug and had to move in ridiculously close.

I have a 50 Powertech and my Op is 44 now...I also played numerous classes past 30 in the beta and can say without reservation this is the most challenging solo fight I've been a part of. Once you understand the LOS mechanics and such its certainly doable but there is much less room for error than on other boss fights and combined with the buggy nature of it (and having to do it THREE times) its much more difficult than anything else I've done on class quests.

Was easy for me at 35. But I am completionist and had done all the quests and bonus series and space missions daily, etc. If you are the type that skips a lot of optional XP gaining content and progresses through the story faster, it will be more difficult.

Was easy for me at 35. But I am completionist and had done all the quests and bonus series and space missions daily, etc. If you are the type that skips a lot of optional XP gaining content and progresses through the story faster, it will be more difficult.

You mean it was easy for you when you were 3 levels over the level of the quest? Shocking!

You mean it was easy for you when you were 3 levels over the level of the quest? Shocking!

I stated that. I also will not apologize for reaching the quest at the time that I did. If you can't do at 32, that's your problem. You suck, go back and get a level.

I'm always in shock at the amount of people that "unsub" because of this fight. It always seems so stupid to me that if you are liking the game you cant be bothered to employee a strategy or get a friend to come help you with a quest real quick. Yes this fight is hard, yes its annoying, but its really not that undoable, you just have to approach it with the mindset that this isnt a tank and spank and it turns out to be a pretty straight forward encounter.

I stated that. I also will not apologize for reaching the quest at the time that I did. If you can't do at 32, that's your problem. You suck, go back and get a level.

The quest is designed for lvl 32 and not lvl 35 so you're point is moot.

This issue is similar to Juggernauts not being able to complete the Voss planet storyline since damage mitigation in this game is incredibly poor. The Avatar in the cave does 90-95% of his damage as elemental, which bypasses all armour and defensive procs, along with an AoE force choke making it extremely difficult to DPS through his CC.

They really should pull as many people off of content generation who can fix these bugs and glitches so the content we have gets fixed proper and not have new, half assed content piled on.

The end of Chapter 1 was spoiled by poor design choices and bugs to the encounter. It should have been something to remember and talk about for all the right reasons!

As a Healer Operative I couldnt target Kaliyo because if Jadus moved and she went up 2 stairs or more stairs the targetting stopped working, it kept telling me I couldnt see her!

After 3 deaths I ended up soloing Jadus by running round the scenery getting out of his line of sight, and chipping away at his HP. Not fun and not skillful and not how I would have liked to end this chapter. I'm playing a healer, so I would have liked an exercise in keeping my companion alive even if it was by the skin of my teeth.

Every thing up to this point was triple A, which kinda added to the disappointment. This encounter get a Z-, must try harder!!

I can't agree with anyone whos tries to dole out a L2P on this one. It was just poor all round.

Bioware need to have a good look at line of sight, it is clunky and not working properly, going up 2 or 3 stairs is not going out of line of sight.

Edited by dredgodde

Bioware need to have a good look at line of sight, it is clunky and not working properly, going up 2 or 3 stairs is not going out of line of sight.

I think the bug has to do with the unavailable force field that you're supposed to be able to trap him in.

Still no excuse for not fully testing the content and leaving it in this shape.

It was frustrating not because of his massive damage output, but because the fight itself is bugged like mad. I kept getting the "can't see target error," and I had to go up to his platform for me to actually be able to take a shot at him.