The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech - Shield Tech 31 Point Talent is Terrible Anyone Agree?

roccorossi

This should be like a dump oil slick and light the ground on fire with a flame sweep, to create a Threat/dot hellfire, everybody near you is burning to death, effect or something.

You got my vote. This would be bad*****. Make oilslick a prereq and have it maintain the accuracy penalty that oil slick has. While we're dreaming, maybe a 1 second stun too. Being enveloped in a giant pillar of flame would tend get your attention and then throw you off balance for a few seconds. It would be mit and AoE all in one. Awesome graphic would be mandatory, like a huge pillar of flame for .5 second that then dies down to just waist high flames for the remainder of the dot.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great ability.

Quell and Carbonize cost 8 heat, Heat Blast removes 8 heat. It is as simple as that.

Following your threat generation priority you should never go above 40 Heat..... UNLESS you need to pop an interrupt. Using Heat Blast right after a Quell is a great way to negate that heat generation.

Ive tanked for a long time in wow and other mmo's and Im a little disappointed with the shield tech tree. Too many things feel like an after thought and it doesn't have the "OMG" feel that I get from other trees. First of all, fix heatblast. It's freakin lame. If we need more heat vent, put in the tree in other places NOT AS A MAIN TOP ABILITY! This should be like a dump oil slick and light the ground on fire with a flame sweep, to create a Threat/dot hellfire, everybody near you is burning to death, effect or something. Something so cool and unique, that everyone wants to play that spec just because of that ability.

Make the Ion sphere more amazing. More electricity or something that lets me know that it's working, I can't even see it or tell that it's even doing anything most of the time. again fail.

Oil slick, please I feel like I just had a diarreah attack down my leg.

I think it has some great potential but it needs some TLC. Remember tanking isn't about DPS, it's about holding threat, damage mitigation and staying alive abilities and talents, and PLAYABILITY.

Listen and please understand this cause it's crucial - If I'm doing my job and having fun while doing it, you've captured the essence of the tank. DPS only matters if it's needed to accomplish this. Too many times it feels like a dps class mind is trying to capture the essence of the tank.

Everything this guy sed

Heatblast would be a great base line ability, or something lower in the tree..

It however doesn't remotely compare to the 31 Point abilities of the other tanks.

Assassin one is a bloody PBAE snare for like 18 seconds.. It amazing ability.

We get a ****** Single target low heat drop....

Juggernauts get a high damage move that applies armor reduction on the target, which increases everyone's damage.

Heatblast is subpar for a 31 point ability.

i disagree 100% with the op. no it doesn't hit very hard but it is a heat dump and with that being said it allows you do use more abilities without going over 40 heat thus generating more threat.

NEVER CHANGE IT!

I agree, having a heat dump in rotation that does dmg improves our overall sustainable DPS considerably!!! It's just harder to figure than seeing a big assassin talen crit once every 10-20 sec

Without this talent, my shieldtech dps would be floored as I spam rocket punch, flame thrower, and railshot so much I overheat within seconds without this talent.

FWIW I bet the majority of those not liking it haven't seen the before and after dps of your sustained rotation with this ability.

"Causes 5 targets to wither under the weight of the force, dealing 502 - 609 kinetic dmg, decrease damage to all targets deal by 5% and slowing the movement speed by 30% High about of threat AOE"

Really?? We've had that since the 20s, that's called flame sweep!! It has the 5% dmg reduction, its spammable!, and it does insane dmg so long as you can keep up the heat (which is where the talent comes in!) ONTOP OF THAT, it's elemental instead of kinetic!

Damn ppls really??

Edited by Prolyfic