Sorc in PvP

Halofax

The problem is Sorc/Sage has ALL THE BEST KITING ABILITIES and ALL THE BEST HEALS and ALL THE BEST DAMAGE.

But they also have...

THE FASTEST SPRINT

THE ONLY SHIELD THAT WORKS

DOT REMOVAL

DOTS

NUKES

STUNS

SAPS

KNOCKBACKS

PULLS

What about this is balanced?

hrmm.. lets dissect this a little

THE FASTEST SPRINT

ok sorc/assassin have the nice force run i'll give you that..

yup.. but that's not sorc/sage's problem... that's something bioware needs to fix with defences.. and it's popped easily anyways

DOT REMOVAL

yup.. we can purge force abilities

DOTS

yup.. cause we are not a burst class

NUKES

lol... what nukes? i'm geared and if i'm buffed and relic'd i might pull off a 3-3.5k chainlightning

STUNS

every class has them..

KNOCKBACKS

a knock back.. and i think there's only 2 classes with out one.. ops and marauders.. may be wrong but that's all i know of that doesn't.

PULLS

a pull... it is a little OP in huttball..

so really the biggest problem is the pull..

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that shield should be an ability that mitigates single attack (something that offsets incoming damage) NOT something that makes you invulnerable for a little bit. It's *********** horse ****.

I'm a Sniper and I can literally 3 shot most people - however those damn casters have me dead right when I break their *********** shields.

The issue here is the OP is horrible at explaining his issue with the aforementioned class. His viewpoints are inaccurate and not based on factual information.

In essence, he's the epitome of a whiner. Just another player who's incapable of playing his own class and instead resorts to illogical rants and fabrication in a sad attempt to somehow comfort his inability to play his class properly.

Nothing to see here, just the same ole stuff.

I have an idea for really good pvp,

lets make the highest dps classes also healers, and make them the hardest to kill because they are the only ones who mitigate anything.

Then we will make their heals good enough to outheal anyones damage even though they are dps spec AND give them an invuln shield that cools down before it breaks.

hmm, sounds like you know how to spec deep into all 3 trees. but seriously maybe realize you were out played and likely outgeared too.

hrmm.. lets dissect this a little

THE FASTEST SPRINT

ok sorc/assassin have the nice force run i'll give you that..

yup.. but that's not sorc/sage's problem... that's something bioware needs to fix with defences.. and it's popped easily anyways

DOT REMOVAL

yup.. we can purge force abilities

DOTS

yup.. cause we are not a burst class

NUKES

lol... what nukes? i'm geared and if i'm buffed and relic'd i might pull off a 3-3.5k chainlightning

STUNS

every class has them..

KNOCKBACKS

a knock back.. and i think there's only 2 classes with out one.. ops and marauders.. may be wrong but that's all i know of that doesn't.

PULLS

a pull... it is a little OP in huttball..

so really the biggest problem is the pull..

Lol vanguard/powertech doesnt get a knockback

And im not seeing how hitting a guy for 3.5k isnt a nuke. I guess on SWTOR only a 8k crit is a nuke.

hmm, sounds like you know how to spec deep into all 3 trees. but seriously maybe realize you were out played and likely outgeared too.

I have 7 pieces of champ gear a piece of cent and the rest with purple mods.

My vanguard cannot possibly do enough damage to break a sorcs shield when he can put it back up the second it breaks for me.

Maybe if everyone on the game wasnt playing the same 3 classes on the same faction, they would be aware that there are issues that dont pertain to them.

Maybe I should just roll a Commando or a sorc and then my shield wouldnt be op because theyd have it too.

Bioware apparently designed this game to be a choice of Darth Vader, Boba Fett, or Emperor Palpatine, and the rest are just there for show.

They have too much utility. In the hands of a good player who knows how to use his options they have a higher skill ceiling than say a marauder/sniper/juggernaut.

Most noobs won't utilize a sorc to the fullest, but the few that do, will dominate.

Bubble is an instant cast. Man people just dont need to speak sometimes.

lol you're so bad and mis informed it's funny. I understand people talking about sorc's being too strong, but some of you just throw out incorrect information to make a point and it just ends up really hurting your argument. I can't take anything anyone seriously who thinks dps sorcs have 4 heals and can bubble through all damage. The problem with sorcs is people are bad and just let them stand back and pound them while they beat on a beefier class.

Sorc about to die.

Bubble

Dark heal heals for quarter health even as dps.

bubble

um ok!!!

when ever i try to heal which is slow as hell(im lighning) i get interupted/knocked back/stunned then ***** and even when i do get the heal off it gives me stuff all health thats why i hit overload/force speed and leg it outa there then heal.

lets make the highest dps classes also healers, and make them the hardest to kill because they are the only ones who mitigate anything.

Then we will make their heals good enough to outheal anyones damage even though they are dps spec AND give them an invuln shield that cools down before it breaks.

not a bad idea. give them a massively powerful in combat sprint though, otherwise they might end up getting killed once in a while.

The problem is Sorc/Sage has ALL THE BEST KITING ABILITIES and ALL THE BEST HEALS and ALL THE BEST DAMAGE.

But they also have...

THE FASTEST SPRINT

DOT REMOVAL

DOTS

NUKES

STUNS

SAPS

KNOCKBACKS

PULLS

you forgot to mention they also are the most tanky non-tank class by far.("we only wear light armor! Sooo squishy" - random sorc/sage newbie).

And easy to play since they don't require any twitch or good movement thanks to long cast time/channel spells, superior CC, knockback and abilities like Force Speed.

everyone who is not biased has realised this by now.

Sorc/Sage are not overpowered in the way current Operatives are. They don't pop out behind you, instagib you and disappear in the shadows again. With them, there is a lot more subtelty involved. The whole package offered by this one single class is just too good to be true.

Doesn't really help that the word has spread by now and more people are rerolling on the sunny side of class balance with every single day.

and why wouldn't they, the only thing a sorc/sage cannot do in a PvP scenario is stealth.t rue story.

Edited by mufutiz

But they also have...

THE FASTEST SPRINT

DOT REMOVAL

DOTS

NUKES

STUNS

SAPS

KNOCKBACKS

PULLS

They aren't the only one with dot removal. They aren't the only one with dots. They aren't the only one with nukes. Everyone gets a stun. They aren't the only one with knockbacks. They also don't have a sap or an enemy pull. Not to mention the dots are terrible if they don't spec for it, likewise with nukes.

Stop being terrible at this game and learn about a class before you go crying for nerfs.

No.

Tired of correcting these types of post, but put simply: No

But they also have...

THE FASTEST SPRINT

DOT REMOVAL

DOTS

NUKES

STUNS

SAPS

KNOCKBACKS

PULLS

The things you noticed are two different AC's.

Shows how just your QQ is

They aren't the only one with dot removal. They aren't the only one with dots. They aren't the only one with nukes. Everyone gets a stun. They aren't the only one with knockbacks. They also don't have a sap or an enemy pull. Not to mention the dots are terrible if they don't spec for it, likewise with nukes.

Stop being terrible at this game and learn about a class before you go crying for nerfs.

they are the only class that gets it all at the same time though.

plus then some.

Force Speed alone is putting them so far ahead of everyone else in terms of ground coverage in every warzone map. Not even talking about how ridiculously difficult it is to kill them. While it is a perfectly fine tool for the Assassin and Shadow melee classes, an already more than powerful ranged class with a 30sec CD in-combat sprint? Really?

the worst thing is, this AC is BY FAR the most popular which is a separate issue that is aggravated a lot by the fact that it is also by far the easiest AC out of all 8 AC's to play at least moderately well thanks to being a ranged class with a truly ridiculous and flexible arsenal of abilities, easy to execute damage - possibly the easiest in the game, except for maybe Mercs - and superior CC.

There is no situation where a sorc/sage can not work at 100% potential. The class is just too good in any and all respects. there is no denying.

The things you noticed are two different AC's.

Shows how just your QQ is

it is actually sad people self-sabotage like that.

Because it makes it too easy for trolls like you to dismiss absolutely justified concerns.

While true, saps and (offensive)pull are not part of the vast amount of diverse abilities they can choose from, this does not really detract from the fact that the class is massively overpowered, regardless. Not the brute force, Operative-kind-of-way three shotting you out of stealth. But in a far worse way that cannot easily be fixed by adjusting a couple of numbers...

Edited by mufutiz

Lol vanguard/powertech doesnt get a knockback

And im not seeing how hitting a guy for 3.5k isnt a nuke. I guess on SWTOR only a 8k crit is a nuke.

lol.. that's geared and buffed... a nuke is the classes that do 5-7k geared and buffed... are you that ignorant?

they are the only class that gets it all at the same time though.

plus then some.

Force Speed alone is putting them so far ahead of everyone else in terms of ground coverage in every warzone map. Not even talking about how ridiculously difficult it is to kill them. While it is a perfectly fine tool for the Assassin and Shadow melee classes, an already more than powerful ranged class with a 30sec CD in-combat sprint? Really?

the worst thing is, this AC is BY FAR the most popular which is a separate issue that is aggravated a lot by the fact that it is also by far the easiest AC out of all 8 AC's to play at least moderately well thanks to being a ranged class with a truly ridiculous and flexible arsenal of abilities, easy to execute damage - possibly the easiest in the game, except for maybe Mercs - and superior CC.

There is no situation where a sorc/sage can not work at 100% potential. The class is just too good in any and all respects. there is no denying.

So you're complaining about a ranged class's ability to attempt to stay at range from the target? You realize Force Speed only last 2 seconds. Without it we'd hardly ever escape melee range. Between leaps, pulls, slows, stuns, snares, and all sorts of other utility that the other classes have, Sage/Sorc are hardly unstoppable against a good player.

I said in beta that the only way people will know what is 'balanced' or not is by the numbers. We've no combat log, but we can look at the end reports of warzones. Guess what *that* tells anyone with sense... *any* class which is well played, sensibly specced and well geared will do well.

The only people who really know what is 'op' are Bioware. They've the metrics for just about everything you could imagine. I'm sure if there *really was* a problem with sorcs/sages then the numbers would highlight it.

Incorrect. A DPS speced sorc has 2 heals. One with a 3 second cast time that lands for about 2.5K or less most of the time and one that hits for about 1000 because unlike DPS heals have a 30% nerf to them in WZ's. The problem with you and others like you is that you spew BS like it is fact, but really don't know squat.

A heal speced Sorc has 4 heals that matter, but if they are speced heals and still kill you.... well sir i suggest you hang up your lightsaber and try something else because sorc healer DPS is all but LOL.

But they also have...

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING POINTS CAN AND DO ACTUALLY APPLY TO ALMOST EVERY SINGLE CLASS IN THE GAME. THE OP SEEMS TO HAVE NO ABILITY TO GRASP THIS CONCEPT.

THE FASTEST SPRINT

No Every class has the same Sprint ability with exactly the same stats.

What you are trying to talk about in your not so informed way is called force speed. Sorcs and Sins have a 2 second burst on a 30 second timer (Lightning can spec into force speed reducing the cool down to 20 seconds as can Sins I believe)

Far from true. Every class has some form of shield. Some are more effective than others, but my shield only eats about 2.5K in damage... that quite often is only one hit from most classes.

You have no idea how many times I have tried to light someone up and see my damage drop down to single digits.

DOT REMOVAL

EVERY HEALING CLASS HAS THIS. As do Ops and smugglers!!! But they have a better one because not only can they cleans, but they vanish at the same time!! OMG OP CRY ME A QQ RIVER!!!

DOTS

Almost every class has some form of dot. Madness speced sorcs have to constantly apply 4 different dots to a target to take them down, and there are MANY classes that can burn down a madness speced sorc in far less time than it takes them to kill a target.

NUKES

Lightning speced Sorcs are the nukers, and their UBER nuke is again on a 6 second timer and crits for less than my classes normal hits land for.

Go look at Troopers and Mercs and then talk to me about nukes, and they can heal as well!!! Start a thread crying about them next.

STUNS

EVERY CLASS IN THE GAME HAS THIS. Sorcs have 2 stuns both on a 60 second cool down. One stuns the target for 4 seconds (yes i know that is soooo game breaking) and the other breaks on damage! If you spec into them you can reduce the time on one down to about 45 seconds and the other down to 50 seconds!!! Again I know this is game breaking because every other class in the game can do that as well in one build or another.

SAPS

Learn the difference between a SORC and an ASSASSIN before you post.

KNOCKBACKS

So all those other classes that have force push and knock backs don't count? Guess you have never had a Jug force push you and then force charge you back to back huh? Mercs can do that as well, as can ops... I have been very successfully punted by a sniper many a time.

Again your ignorance and blatant trolling amazes me.

PULLS

Again learn the difference between a SORC AND AN ASSASSIN before you post. Sorcs can ONLY PULL A FRIENDLY TARGET, and all that on a 60 second timer!! Yes that one pull every 60 seconds is again game breaking!!!

Mercs / Troopers have an offensive pull just like Assassins. Should they be nerfed as well?

Hey if I sat there making up BS and trying to pass them off as facts in what can only been seen as a very pathetic Troll post I could cry about any class not being balanced...

Your real issue is you have no clue what you are talking about, and you know what? If bioware actually read your post they would be saying exactly the same thing. So please take your really sad attempt at making up lies about a class and diverting attention from classes that are OP and find something else to troll about.

So you're complaining about a ranged class's ability to attempt to stay at range from the target? You realize Force Speed only last 2 seconds. Without it we'd hardly ever escape melee range. Between leaps, pulls, slows, stuns, snares, and all sorts of other utility that the other classes have, Sage/Sorc are hardly unstoppable against a good player.

you already have far superior CC than pretty much everyone else.

Force Speed just makes you untouchable and you know it.

In fact, I would argue you could take away Force Speed from the class completely and it would still work perfectly fine. That is usually a big, fat warning sign that something is not quite balanced.

no class is "unstoppable". But Sorc/Sage are in an undenieably sunny place compared to all other classes, not in a pure "i shoot you. you're dead" - kind of way like Operatives/Scoundrels but by having a VAST arsenal of abilities that allows them to function well in any and all situations and is quite obviously too flexible and powerful compared to the limited options every other class has to make due with.

Sorc/Sage are just too well rounded with no drawback whatsoever. The only thing they can't do is stealth around.

Edited by mufutiz

you already have far superior CC than pretty much everyone else.

Force Speed just makes you untouchable and you know it.

In fact, I would argue you could take away Force Speed from the class completely and it would still work perfectly fine. That is usually a big, fat warning sign that something is not quite balanced.

no class is "unstoppable". But Sorc/Sage are in an undenieably sunny place compared to all other classes, not in a pure "i shoot you. you're dead" - kind of way but by having a VAST arsenal of abilities that allows them to function well in any and all situations.

the class is just too well rounded with no drawback whatsoever. The only thing they can't do is stealth around.

Or maybe that utility makes up for the fact that our damage is average compared to the other classes? Untouchable with Force Speed? Did you not notice all the other forms of CC I mentioned in my previous post? How is the fact that if I have to stay at range no drawback? You really think a Sorc/Sage could sit there and tank a beating from a Marauder? Roll one then and try it.

There are so many other classes I see doing very well daily. Even better than Sorcs. Does that mean they are overpowered? No, they are balanced. Stop crying for nerfs because you can't figure out a way to deal with a class.

So all those other classes that have force push and knock backs don't count? Guess you have never had a Jug force push you and then force charge you back to back huh? Mercs can do that as well, as can ops... I have been very successfully punted by a sniper many a time.

For saying someone should know classes, Ops don't have a knockback, if spec'd highly into Concealment you get a knockdown. But Operatives have no gap creator or closer.