Is anyone else already bored?

EvilClone

Of course we're all bored, the game is boring and broken. How can you not be bored running down the same boring corridors in the same boring, uninspired planets doing the same boring quests? This game defines boring. 0-10 is the best.. and then it's all downhill from there.. in every way, shape, and form. This doesn't bode well for a supposed "MMO".. but we all know this a single-player game, anyway.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we're all bored, the game is boring and broken. How can you not be bored running down the same boring corridors in the same boring, uninspired planets doing the same boring quests? This game defines boring. 0-10 is the best.. and then it's all downhill from there.. in every way, shape, and form. This doesn't bode well for a supposed "MMO".. but we all know this a single-player game, anyway.

Not bored at all here. 2 Level 31 charachters, planning on doing at least 5, if not more.

And thats before I even look at raiding.

Not bored at all here. 2 Level 31 charachters, planning on doing at least 5, if not more.

And thats before I even look at raiding.

You won't have anyone to raid with if they don't drastically fix this game.. and quite frankly, the problems have been there and ignored since alpha and beta. Keep clinging onto.. "they'll patch it in," though.

I don't understand....the game has only been out for roughly a month...

Not sure if you have already done EVERYTHING possible in the game but if you have then unsub and then re-sub when they release new content/expansion?

I'm sure having played through the entire game in a month up to level 50 was worth how much you paid for it.

You won't have anyone to raid with if they don't drastically fix this game.. and quite frankly, the problems have been there and ignored since alpha and beta. Keep clinging onto.. "they'll patch it in," though.

Thats what guilds are for. But I won't look for a guild unless I don't have enough people in my current multi-gaming clan to raid with. And I have to wait for everyone to re-roll on the same server. We're currently spread all over hells half acre.

And I, and most of my former WoW-playing friends disagree that the game is fundamentally broken. I agree that it needs tweaking, especially with some of the end game mechanics, but from what I understand about MMOs, that's pretty much par for the course.

Meh. Agree to disagree I guess. I'm not a hardcore player. I don't have that level of time. I just want a game I can have fun with. And untill I stop having fun, SWTOR will get my $. It stops being fun, they stop getting my money and I'll questly move on to whatever new game is out that strikes my fancy. Maybe wargaming will have released World of BattleShips at that point, or the new MechWarrior will be out...

How about the mods just start closing these, there are enough end game sucks, end game is boring threads to sink the titanic.

Intelligent people are levelling multiple chars and enjoying the game, slowly, taking it in and enjoying the RP. Not space baring thru conversations, leaving planets early and making posts about how good they are to be 50.

people who charged to 50 WoW style and have nothing to do....It was predicted and was expected...Its one of the reasons i love this game so much. It so readily sifts the attention deficit people from the people that pay attention and enjoy the game.

In that way, this could well be the most brilliantly designed game i have ever seen. Kiddies who get bored without LFG spamming instances and VP's in their face and faceroll raids will get bored and leave...what remains is a vibrant community.

If you are standing around @ fleet, its not BW's fault. you have played about 5% of the content given to you and you are like **** HIGH END CONTENTZ ONMG>>>>>FAIL.

Edited by Hanscholo

Let’s see, I started playing on Dec 13, 2011 with my main toon who for some reason is still lv 38. I decided to create 3 other toons and level them up at the same time. I have my reasons and do not feel I should share them. But, even after doing the Sith Warrior/Sith Inqu storylines, the Bounty Hunter and Agent storylines up to around 24+, I am still not bored. I have done most of the Kaas quest 6 times now, twice during beta and 4 with these toons. Even after this last go around I still found new stuff I had not noticed the previous 5 times. There is a lot to do and see, if you cannot find it then it is because you are not looking.

I have listened to the same conversation 6 times now all the way up to Nar Shadaa and yet, I still feel like there are parts of the conversation that I have missed. Stop looking for this game to redefine your entire social perspective and just try to enjoy it for what it is, a time/money sink to help replace real like and the bull#^$& that real life offers.

Yes getting really bored Bad voiceovers in Star Wars Tired of Running does not keep people playing for many months, good combat does.

And dont take the fanboys to seriously OP, according to them any issue whatsoever that is brought up by someone in this forum makes them a troll and everything is sparkly sunshine without any downside ever.

Yes getting really bored Bad voiceovers in Star Wars Tired of Running does not keep people playing for many months, good combat does.

And dont take the fanboys to seriously OP, according to them any issue whatsoever that is brought up by someone in this forum makes them a troll and everything is sparkly sunshine without any downside ever.

Please define "fanboy"....

BioWare is amazing, and I love them, but they clearly don't belong in the MMO genre. This game leaves so much to be desired-- the appalling auction house system, the clunky and outdated click-to-cast healing utility, the broken tab-target, lack of target-of-target, limited PvP options, severely unbalanced classes, the boring and slow paced flashpoints...

Yes, I'm severely bored. I didn't expect a thinly skinned WoW from BioWare, but I guess that's what happens when you put 95% of your focus into slick cinematics and expensive voice actors. Oh well.

I actually like the AH quite a bit. The WoW AH was infinitely confusing the first several hundred times I used it and it took me months to find things I needed simply because I had no idea what to search for.

I click to cast heals in WoW. I vastly prefer it to mouseovers. I'm not at all interested in mousing over anything or anyone when healing.

Tab targetting works much better in this game than it did in WoW.

Target of target would be nice but I rarely if ever used that in WoW either.

The PvP options are fine. WoW started with 0 battlegrounds, had 3 during a large portion of Vanilla, 4 through all of TBC, 6 in WotLK (the 2 they added were the worst ever) and 8 currently. Bioware could easily outmatch WoW in this department.

Class balance will never be perfect on launch. That's a given.

And the Flashpoints are all awesome.

I disagree with nearly everything you said. And I'm a huge Bioware hater.

How about the mods just start closing these, there are enough end game sucks, end game is boring threads to sink the titanic.

Intelligent people are levelling multiple chars and enjoying the game, slowly, taking it in and enjoying the RP. Not space baring thru conversations, leaving planets early and making posts about how good they are to be 50.

people who charged to 50 WoW style and have nothing to do....It was predicted and was expected...Its one of the reasons i love this game so much. It so readily sifts the attention deficit people from the people that pay attention and enjoy the game.

In that way, this could well be the most brilliantly designed game i have ever seen. Kiddies who get bored without LFG spamming instances and VP's in their face and faceroll raids will get bored and leave...what remains is a vibrant community.

If you are standing around @ fleet, its not BW's fault. you have played about 5% of the content given to you and you are like **** HIGH END CONTENTZ ONMG>>>>>FAIL.

People like you ruin games.

You forgot about raids. And yes, raiding, running hard modes, and pvp is all amazingly fun stuff to do.

Oh yeah..raiding is a blast - doing the same thing over and over again for crap. And do you PVP? Are you an IMP? Have you just started playing? Are you easily amused?

Ah yes...because all of these people MUST be wrong since you're so intelligent. Arrogance on parade.

I'm a little bored.

Mostly because I have to start over now, because there aren't enough people on my server to get a flashpoint going.

I really like my Sage, and I'm not really excited about starting him ALL over again, especially when I was up to 200+ in crafting as well. Thats a lot of time.

I could make a Sorc on the Imperial side, but again, I really like my Light Side Sage.

Doing all the quests in Typhon, Taris, Nar Sadda, and most of Tattoine...all over again isn't very exciting. If I did, I'd likely skip most of the dialog till I got to where I was again...which is MORE boring.

I need a server transfer option.

ONly on my lvl 50 sadly, I was really into that toon. But 50 atm is a punishment if you wanted to pvp, and boring as balls if you wanted to do anything other than spam LFG at Fleet or join a raid guild to turn your play into a job. I would love to pvp as I only like to play on my time table, not coordinate for raids and all that mess, but the 50 bracket is so damn empty I end up in indefinite queues. So I am playing lower level alts and pvp'ing on them, and that is alot of fun. But the end game is ****balls boring. I hope it improves. i honestly wish I had known I would have not hit 50, I wish they'd let me de-level.

I actually like the AH quite a bit. The WoW AH was infinitely confusing the first several hundred times I used it and it took me months to find things I needed simply because I had no idea what to search for.

I click to cast heals in WoW. I vastly prefer it to mouseovers. I'm not at all interested in mousing over anything or anyone when healing.

Tab targetting works much better in this game than it did in WoW.

Target of target would be nice but I rarely if ever used that in WoW either.

I disagree with nearly everything you said. And I'm a huge Bioware hater.

Is this guy serious?

Yes I'm bored and thinking to cancel.

Leveled a merc to 50, leveled some alts, but I cannot log anymore more than fews minutes.

Overall, this game is a good Bioware traditionnal single player game, but a terrible MMO.

200 M$ for that???

They need to open up the 2 current operations to 2x a week instead of weeklies till more stuff is implemented for 50s.

I get why they do the weekly lock-outs. It's a form of time sink to keep people playing, instead of the hard cores gearing in a couple days, it takes a couple weeks of raiding... I get it, it makes good business sense...BUT

Us hardcore are kinda bored waiting on a bit more content to gobble up. I would like to be able to run the newer 50s through normal EV etc to help them get geared, open it up for us to do more than once a week! Once there are 5-6 different Ops to do, then shut them down to weekly.

I don't know about anyone else but roughly 20 guild members and myself can't even be bothered to log in any more. This is sad to me because I consider the Star Wars genre to be one of my favorites. Out of all the complaints I heard almost everyone commented on the game being too much of a typical grindfest. None of us had anything good to say about the crafting, open world pvp, or end game content. I have heard the term "Themepark" used on many occasions. Its too bad SWG shut down because I would rather be playing that right now. Does anyone remember grinding Pikets on Dantooine? Maybe farming Krayt Dragons on Tatooine? I never minded grinding as long as it could be done with my friends and groups of random people you run into out in the open world. Especially when it was as profitable as finding something like a binary liquid or a krayt dragon scale or pearls. I think the grind in this is quite lonely and miserable. Most of us made it to 50 but then it was like now what? I think if crafting got an overhaul then maybe it could stimulate the ecomomy, world pvp and give us something to do end game besides warzones and 4 person ops.

One of these posts again? I am not bored to answer your question. But if I was, I would not go crying on the forums about it.

Fun for now. Just finished my fourth 50 and last Empire force user (Assassin).

We'll see what happens for my remaining 4 char slots. Might axe a mule and make a Republic, not sure yet. I'd really like to play agent but I just can't get around the cover mechanic. BH looks promising, as does Blizz!

Who knows how long it will last, but when I get sick of it, I'll cancel and move on until I get the itch again.