Whats the point of Columi Commendations?

Bioware still gave HM ops gear to the non raider player through the end boss of flashpoints, so you're complaining now that because the raider is given more opportunity to get the gear they work for, its bad design? that just doesnt make any sense to me

Do you even play this game? WHat this has to do anything with raiders ?

I say why columi commendations exist since u can gear up full columi within 2 days...

You dont need Raids and stuff...

You need False emperor HM, D7 HM, BP HM and foundry HM..and BAM! 4/5 columi . which makes tionese and columi commendations U - S - E - L - E - S - S

If you want to gear up companion, run HM again, no need for commendations..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing about Tionese commendations but shortly after starting raiding, I found I had just enough for yet another piece of equipment. I imagine the higher up you are in raiding progression the more you'll receive the commendations. It is a bit discouraging if you only receive 1 per boss.

I predict next week people will start complaining about Rakata tokens.

Well, after 34 HM FPs, we only got a single IA columi token drop with my regular group ... and we are 2 IAs.

At this rate, Kaliyo will be better geared than me and I'll get to buy a piece in a few weeks ;)

But to the original question, yeah the commendations should be on par to actually buy it; but I'd say they should also get away with class-specific tokens; just make them slot-specific only.

After 14 HM BTs with no social or dark/light points, and no IA tokens at all, it's making me lose interest.

Columi comms let you buy specific pieces of gear, the prices are high because this allows people that don't raid to eventually get Columi loots that they miss from operations, the guy that posted above about buying the Columi chest is a good example.

Which brings us to another point. Why can we only buy set pieces with the commendations? I already have over 50 and thought: "Yeah, lets buy some bracers with them". But I couldn't, because for whatever reason bracers, belts, implants and earpieces can only be bought with the token.

Do you even play this game? WHat this has to do anything with raiders ?

I say why columi commendations exist since u can gear up full columi within 2 days...

You dont need Raids and stuff...

You need False emperor HM, D7 HM, BP HM and foundry HM..and BAM! 4/5 columi . which makes tionese and columi commendations U - S - E - L - E - S - S

If you want to gear up companion, run HM again, no need for commendations..

Don't be so short sighted.

Drops are RNG, commendations aren't. You're not guaranteed a drop. You will amass commendations over time. It allows you to buy the pieces you're missing after spending the time trying to acquire them via other methods.

It's as simple as that; it's a secondary gear source.

They need to make it so every piece of Columi can be bought with the tokens. That would make up for some of the really bad RNG on the rarer pieces (belt).

Killed Jarg and Sorno both weeks on NMM and have yet to see a Sith Warrior belt. Same on Gharj.

The main reason they drop in operations is to benefit raiders who buy SPECIFIC pieces of loot (like the IA gloves and helm) for the enhancement that they have. Rip the enhancement out and put it on Rakata to make a good bit of gear, this saves you having to farm Columi items from hard modes outside of raid time to correct the awful stats on Rakata gear.

If you don't raid you wouldn't know this, but most Rakata gear has awful secondary stats that all need replacing with a decent enhancement. Any raiding guild worth its salt has people farming enhancements to gear up their people correctly. So every couple of weeks there's a free bit of Columi loot via comms for the slackers which eventually gets them correctly geared.

So basically they aren't for buying a piece of armor to use most of the time, most raiders use them for the mod/enhancement.

Te only problem is, by doing this you're downgrading the item's main stats as well. So it's better to just grab a dupe of the one piece of Rakata gear that's well optimized and rip the mods out of that.

The Jugg gear is for the most part itemized decently, except the boots which have Surge rating for some stupid reason.

Te only problem is, by doing this you're downgrading the item's main stats as well. So it's better to just grab a dupe of the one piece of Rakata gear that's well optimized and rip the mods out of that.

The Jugg gear is for the most part itemized decently, except the boots which have Surge rating for some stupid reason.

We're talking about enhancements, right? In which case not only am I not downgrading the rakata stats they actually get a boost. Instead of ~25endurance and power/alacrity I stick an assault enhancement and get 38endurance +crit/surge.

There is no downgrade to this. Everyone does it. That's why you see 50's farming the same Flashpoints over and over.

There are no Rakata set pieces that give crit/surge for an operative. Columi Helm and Gloves however give Advanced Assault Enhancement 24.

So, i managed to get 5/5 columi with HM and within 1 an half week duration. (bad luck with D7)

Im still on 20 columi commendations....

Bioware wasted so much time to add companions in this game....and now u cant even gear them up..

Impossible with commendations from pve, would take up to a year for only 1 companion.

And with champion RNG bags, the items are only for your class....(in my case, heavy armor with strength, that none of my companions can use.....................................)

The whole token system in this game is horribly out of whack, and quite poorly planned.

We have been raiding as a guild (8 Man) for 4 weeks now, and all of us are at least 4 piece Columi from drops, this includes getting some pieces from HM FP's. Speaking of HM FP's, I don't even know why their end bosses drop Columi pieces, it should probably be all Tionese from 4 mans.

Myself, i'm full Columi including Weapon, yet i'm not even half way towards buying my 1st Columi piece via the fail token system...

The columi commendation route for gearing is fairly slow unless you do operations.

However, if you are after a certain drop and you are having a bad luck on the drop, columi commendations can be used to buy that one piece that seem to never drop for you.

If only it was only one piece...

I've ONLY seen Columi gloves drop for myself, while we have 2 Sages decked in FULL columi.