Wither Proc'ing Harnessed Darkness

Rodobson

So since the last patch, in game the Harnessed Darkness talent says Shock AND WITHER now proc Harnessed Darkness. This is however not true. The Energize talent also had Assassinate added to it's text as a proc trigger, which is again, not working in game.

So the question is, does anyone know if these are mechanics being added? When? Typos?

These would be massive improvements/buffs to Darkness tanking.

Edited by Rodobson

The Assassinate thing would make sense; I suggested that myself a few weeks back. The Wither change would totally destroy the current rotation. I'm kinda hoping it's a mistake.

Wither used on cooldown (5 GCDs) would align with Discharge (10 GCDs) precisely, so you could do something like:

Wither - Discharge - X - X - X / Wither - X - X - X - X / Repeat

Where X is Thrash, Shock, Force Lightning or Assassinate (Edit: or Saber Strike of course) according to an appropriate priority. The durations on the Wither and Discharge debuffs mean that an extra GCD in the loop (from using FL as the last X in a block, or just due to lag/error) would still keep full coverage. Two extra GCDs and a little bit of lag can lose you Dicharge for a fraction of a second.

I'm not sure that I like it, but then I don't particularly like the current buff/debuff watching game that much either.

Edited by Pijinz

When you are spaming your AOEs, whither being one of them, having that Harnesed Darnkess proc would be nice. The reset off assassinate does work, but its only a 50% chance to refresh shock on the Energize talent.

Unless I miss my guess, they intended to give us this and make Induction exclusive to Surging Charge (saw that bit in the tooltip of Induction today, don't know if it was actually implemented as I don't use that build myself).

Has anyone noticed any other tooltip ninja-ing indicative of future/past/potential changes?

It seems to be something for an upcoming patch...or we're getting trolled by Bioware. We had numerous ninja tooltip/ability changes with out any patch notes or confirmation form devs. Over charge saber lost it's 300% to healing, Harnnesed Darkness proccing off Wither, Induction being exclusive to Surging Charge (though it still procs with Dark and Lightning charges, which makes the 12/13/16 PvP build freaking awesome) Basically after hours scouring official and unofficial forums, there is not a single clue as to the future of theses abilities. Edited by Kirkaz

It seems to be something for an upcoming patch...or we're getting trolled by Bioware. We had numerous ninja tooltip/ability changes with out any patch notes or confirmation form devs. Over charge saber lost it's 300% to healing, Harnnesed Darkness proccing off Wither, Induction being exclusive to Surging Charge (though it still procs with Dark and Lightning charges, which makes the 12/13/16 PvP build freaking awesome) Basically after hours scouring official and unofficial forums, there is not a single clue as to the future of theses abilities.

Care to post this 12/13/16 build, and the fundementals on how it plays?

Care to post this 12/13/16 build, and the fundementals on how it plays?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MIMozZhGbMzZf0cRr0z.1

I am still playing around with this build after swapping from a full Darkness tank build. Lots of thrash spam and I actually had to put Maul back on my hotbar. I'm still working on figuring everything out with it (only played about 6ish matches with it so far) so I am going to reserve judgment on how I like it compared to a full darkness brick wall build.