This is why we compare to 7 year old wow.

Barracudastr

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can turn that one around too.

Rift had 50 million, and it has better MMO system then SWToR.

Rift was made in 5 years, ToR was made in 6 years.

But I guess a fanboys anser to this is, go back to Rift if you think rift is better. They will never accept that ToR has not lived up to the standard they tell everyone they are on.

Well apparently, Rift isn't living up to the standard considering its drop to mediocre subscriber numbers.

I'm starting to think the majority of the MMO playerbase are just tired of the genre, and don't want to admit it.

Edited by Jaku

We can turn that one around too.

Rift had 50 million, and it has better MMO system then SWToR.

Rift was made in 5 years, ToR was made in 6 years.

But I guess a fanboys anser to this is, go back to Rift if you think rift is better. They will never accept that ToR has not lived up to the standard they tell everyone they are on.

i would also like to know how it is a better MMO system?

please explain? PVE? PVP? what do you mean?

as for the rest of you who say standard, umm what standard would you be talking about?

WOW is not the standard... it might make the most money but its NOT a standard...

There are more MMOs out there without a dungeon finder system then their are with.. so according to your "standard" for MMOs there shouldnt be a dungeon finder system. nor duel speccing...

just because WOW has it does not mean its a standard.

In what way? Define "better MMO system".

They have a working LFG system (server only, and thank god for that).

They have a working Guild system.

They have a really good working UI.

They have a really good working AH.

They have a better working raid frame (that one still needs a bit of work, but it is still better then SWToR's).

More or less everything that is about interacting with the MMO part of the game is doen better.

(Solo part of the game is something ells, but if I wanted to play solo/single player game, i would be playing KToR)

Rift as a game is a good and solid game in it self, but it does not have anything that sticks out and makes the game "original". They never intended to be anything ells, but that is a bit sad.

I really miss the wardrobe system, and I did love the souls system where you could tune the class to fit your gaming style better.

Compered to SWToR, Rift is a Indi-game.

One other thing I really liked was the graphic engine that Rift is using. I can tune it up to maximum (have good machine under the table here) and really get some nice graphics. I could also install the game on my notebook and play with minimum settings and still it would be playable. A good and flexible engine in other words.

EDIT:

As the OP posted, BW/EA do compere them self against WoW and brag about them self. One can then not flame players for pulling connections between the games and compare different parts against each other.

Yes, a lot of things will come after a time, but a lot of people do ask the question what they have done when a few things is so badly or missing in the game.

Like the UI. This is a sensitive case that has been whined and QQ’d about since early beta. But only now has it been taken into remaking. This is quite an important part of the game for many players, me include. UI is your tool to interact with the game.

And then the GTN…. Oh god. Do I even have to write what is wrong about it? Also been complained about since B.C.

There is a lot of things that people question about, a lot of things that has been pointed out since early Beta, and is not been looked at before now.

Edited by Mamono

They have a working LFG system (server only, and thank god for that).

They have a working Guild system.

They have a really good working UI.

They have a really good working AH.

They have a better working raid frame (that one still needs a bit of work, but it is still better then SWToR's).

More or less everything that is about interacting with the MMO part of the game is doen better.

(Solo part of the game is something ells, but if I wanted to play solo/single player game, i would be playing KToR)

Rift as a game is a good and solid game in it self, but it does not have anything that sticks out and makes the game "original". They never inteded to be anything ells, but that is a bit sad.

I really miss the wardrobe system, and I did love the souls system where you could tune the class to fit your gamestyle better.

Compered to SWToR, Rift is a Indi-game.

One other thing I really liked was the graphic enging that Rift is using. I can tune it up to maximum (have good machine under the table here) and really get some nice graphics. I could also install the game on my notebook and play with minimum settings and still it would be playable. A good and flexible enging in other words.

I played RIFT as well, from beta through ~2 months post launch. I found it a decent generic fantasy MMO tbh, the game world was tiny and the leveling way too fast but still a decent game (and less of an endgame than SW:TOR at launch). Some of the things you listed either weren't there at launch (LFG tools) or weren't quite as good as they are now (raid UI, Guild System and AH), and that's the point here, MMO's need time post launch to fix and add to, all of those things are coming to SW:TOR. People can (and do) moan and groan all day long about how it "should have launched with x feature" but it serves no purpose, the game has already launched, it's time to look forward, not back.

BTW, I agree RIFTS UI (not raid) was and is much better than SW:TOR's is currently. I find the game fully playable with the current UI, and have played with far, far worse over the last 15 years, but yes, it definitely needs improving.

Edited by Malefactor

i'm sick and tired of hearing that this game is like wow.

this game is unique and "special". it is nothing like wow, because if it were, myself and many many others would not be unsubbing.

fail AH

ability delay

countless game breaking bugs in pve and pvp

ability delay

no customisable UI which even a ****** game like Rift has.

ability delay

no LFG tool, no LFG chat channel

ability delay

and many many more which i can't even be bothered to type any more.

p.s. read the so called "ability delay" update carefully again.

they aren't fixing jack, they are fixing some stupid bug which shows spells that should be on the global cd to show as if they can be casted, and another thing which is also not addressing the issue of ability delay.

so yea, for a moment i thought i could resub to play but yea seeing as bioware is pretty much useless at feedback + action, it's goodbye.

"you won't be missed, bye"

seriously you think i care about you people? rofl

They have a working LFG system (server only, and thank god for that). THIS IS NOT A STANDARD AMONGST MOST MMOs

They have a working Guild system. I am in a guild...Do you have a problem getting in one?

They have a really good working UI. this is in the works... you arent 12 are you? can you spell patience?They have a really good working AH. I can sell and buy.. so it works.. you want it better... need to be patient

They have a better working raid frame (that one still needs a bit of work, but it is still better then SWToR's). I can still be in a raid.. and do fine.. does it need work.. yeah... again.. learn patience..

More or less everything that is about interacting with MMO is doen better. please explain? interacting? I can do everything in an MMO in SWTOR in any other game.. /tell... /ops... /say... no problems here.. maybe its the user..The game it self is a good and solid game in it self, but it does not have anything that sticks out and makes the game "original". They never inteded to be anything ells, but that is a bit sad.

umm since when does a game have to be "original".. i thought fun should be the first thing people want. Secondly you cant get any more "original"... I would use the word UNIQUE that SWTOR brings to the MMO genre is questing in a fun manner. It has great PVE... good voice overs and I think the Operations are great. The PVP can be done up more but I know they will in given time.. again thats PATIENCE.

I really miss the wardrobe system, and I did love the souls system where you could tune the class to fit your gamestyle better.

Compered to SWToR, Rift is a Indi-game. LOL ok so you think...

One other thing I really liked was the graphic enging that Rift is using. I can tune it up to maximum (have good machine under the table here) and really get some nice graphics. I could also install the game on my notebook and play with minimum settings and still it would be playable. A good and flexible enging in other words.

you mean you want a weak graphics engine...get a better computer and get with the times...

my computer plays this game fine... and i dont have a top end machine.