Unfortunately, I feel this Game Can't be Fixed Short-term.

Proto

I am giving it an extra month purely because I have a lot of online friends that stuck it through the initial 30 day period. However, with the amount of issues plaguing this game and its core design I can't see how the heck it will possibly make a turnaround in the short term with things like:

Speed Hacks,

credit hacks (still),

Ilum box hacks,

very tedious travel system,

dead-world feel,

enormous faction imbalance,

poor class mirroring / animation issues,

no world pvp,

no x-server pvp,

no ranking,

no achievements,

poor graphics textures,

no lfg system for groups on your server,

extremely buggy operations (raids) at 50,

UI abomination and no customization,

GTN menu from hell,

the freakshow known as Ilum,

numerous bugs and performance issues,

terrible pvp gear/token system,

too much time spent running from 1-50,

linear 'worlds' feel closed-in and totally segregated to level system,

crafting system with little value at 50 besides a couple of choices like biochem,

the feeling of a lack of 'purpose' in character progression once you hit 50.

Then I see posts by our game producer that say things like: "we're working on quality of life updates" and just see patches like 1.1 come out and I shake my head in disbelief.

I can't see any of this stuff really being addressed anytime soon and sadly I can't see how anyone that has played other MMO's could stand it for long. The only ones that might be oblivious to it are those Star Wars fans that are completely new to the genre and might not know any better.

I'm not saying this game won't eventually (keyword) "EVENTUALLY" be fixed and become great, I'm sure it will. The problem is that with the amount of subs it will likely bleed heavily over the next 3 months I'm wondering how the hell it will make it to that point? :(

Edited by Proto

a ****** SP game online with broken MMO features ftw

Well yea, that is one way of putting it. It does feel that way. The only time you really get a sense of feel that this is an MMO is when you're in Fleet and see people all over. Sure you'll see them at quest hubs or in major cities but its almost like they are a bother. The fact that I can recall running into world PVP about 5 times only on the most-populated PVP server 'Fatman' from 1-50 just shocked me. I was expecting to hit 20 and run into a constant war-like feel. Instead it was this instanced theme park where I had no control over how I wanted to play.

Another turd thanks to greedy EA executives rushing out the game for the holiday season.

They should have waited and released it around the same time as the next WoW xpac. At least we'd have a marginally more finished product rather than the beta we're all paying to play.

TOR will survive as a F2P niche game with a small but loyal fan base, much like STO and other games of similar quality. Bioware put all their efforts in the wrong place, everything else was "we'll patch it later, they'll pay while they wait"..

Turns out that little gambit has been used one to many times in the last few years. Players are sick of it, especially for yet another themepark clone.

TOR will survive as a F2P niche game with a small but loyal fan base, much like STO and other games of similar quality. Bioware put all their efforts in the wrong place, everything else was "we'll patch it later, they'll pay while they wait"..

Turns out that little gambit has been used one to many times in the last few years. Players are sick of it, especially for yet another themepark clone.

I'm so glad that us, the players, have Ambassador Die Scream to speak on behalf of all of us. GO FIGHT THAT GOOD FIGHT, MMO PLAYER AMBASSADOR DIE SCREAM!

Edited by Sykologist

I am giving it an extra month purely because I have a lot of online friends that stuck it through the initial 30 day period. However, with the amount of issues plaguing this game and its core design I can't see how the heck it will possibly make a turnaround in the short term with things like:

Speed Hacks,

credit hacks (still),

Ilum box hacks,

dead-world feel,

no world pvp,

no x-server pvp,

no ranking,

no achievements,

poor graphics textures,

GTN menu from hell,

crafting system with little value at 50 besides a couple of choices like biochem,

Then I see posts by our game producer that say things like: "we're working on quality of life updates" and just see patches like 1.1 come out and I shake my head in disbelief.

I can't see any of this stuff really being addressed anytime soon and sadly I can't see how anyone that has played other MMO's could stand it for long. The only ones that might be oblivious to it are those Star Wars fans that are completely new to the genre and might not know any better.

I'm not saying this game won't eventually (keyword) "EVENTUALLY" be fixed and become great, I'm sure it will. The problem is that with the amount of subs it will likely bleed heavily over the next 3 months I'm wondering how the hell it will make it to that point? :(

I don't remember them advertising this game with a LFG tool, X-server PVP, etc. People if you like it great if you don't fine. Please spare us the im quitting crap, the majority of us don't give a hoot about your opinion!

Man if this game isnt EXACTLY like world of warcraft, I AINT PLAYIN IT!!!!

COME ON GANG LETS GO BACK TO WOW, WHERE THEY KNOW HOW TO MAKE WOW....

:rolleyes:

No no no no no!!! You got it all wrong, dude. Forget wow, so sick of that game. Lets look at RIFT as a better example. Sure, that game had its fault at 50, but holy crap was it polished and beautiful even in beta with a development time of almost 3 years. Nearly bug-free, too. Heck, even AOC at release back in 2008 had the option to change your UI!

No one can or should use WOW as a comparison not because of the development time but because Blizzard never invented anything when it came to that game. Literally every feature or idea was copied from another MMO. Why then, would Bioware completely ignore some of the core features from all MMO's before it? You have so many games to learn from like:

UO

AOC

RIFT

SWG

LOTRO

Shadowbane

Darkfall

FFXI

COH/COV

Warhammer

DAoC

EVE

DDO

Guild Wars

EQ1 / EQ2

And yes, I've played all of them. Either they didn't care, or they just weren't paying any attention. I don't know which it is.

Edited by Proto

silly troll refuting that the OP really wants WOW with an insult about WOW.

"The other challenge was to live up to and push beyond the expectations that MMO games like World of WarCraft have created. Players aren't going to understand if you don't have industry standard features." -James Ohlen

Then it seems to me that it wasn't just the OP that wanted WoW lol

I mean, it's not like they tried to do too much differently lol

EDIT: Besides the "industry standard features" that the OP is missing.

Edited by face_hindu

No no no no no!!! You got it all wrong, dude. Forget wow, so sick of that game. Lets look at RIFT as a better example. Sure, that game had its fault at 50, but holy crap was it polished and beautiful even in beta. Nearly bug-free, too. Heck, even AOC at release back in 2008 had the option to change your UI!

No one can or should use WOW as a comparison not because of the development time but because Blizzard never invented anything when it came to that game. Literally every feature or idea was copied from another MMO. Why then, would Bioware completely ignore some of the core features from all MMO's before it? You have so many games to learn from like:

UO

AOC

RIFT

SWG

LOTRO

Shadowbane

Darkfall

FFXI

COH/COV

DAoC

EVE

DDO

Guild Wars

EQ1 / EQ2

And yes, I've played all of them. Either they didn't care, or they just weren't paying any attention. I don't know which it is.

I don't understand. If Rift is so great, why aren't you still playing it?

As for the issues you cited in your post, I would say 3/4 have been addressed by the developers and are slated to be fixed BY 1.2. (I say BY because the GTN fixes will be rolled out via weekly patches).

yep - Speed Hacks,

dang, didn't know - credit hacks (still),

lolilum. - Ilum box hacks,

i suppose tedious is a good word - very tedious travel system,

yep - dead-world feel,

yeaaaap - enormous faction imbalance,

minor but true, strange too - poor class mirroring / animation issues,

see: lolilum - no world pvp,

in our dreams... - no x-server pvp,

coming soon maybe? - no ranking,

achievements mostly sucked anyway, but there were some cool ones - no achievements,

yep - poor graphics textures,

yep - no lfg system for groups on your server,

yeeeeaaap - extremely buggy operations (raids) at 50,

abomination is strong, but no custimization/addons is the real abomination - UI

abomination and no customization,

abomination! >>>> GTN menu from hell,

see:lolilum - the freakshow known as Ilum,

uh, yea, this is #1 - numerous bugs and performance issues,

also really bad - terrible pvp gear/token system,

sure, i guess - too much time spent running from 1-50,

one of my biggest gripes, no exploration - linear 'worlds' feel closed-in and totally segregated to level system,

such a horrible crafting system - crafting system with little value at 50 besides a couple of choices like biochem,

welcome to the WoW model - the feeling of a lack of 'purpose' in character progression once you hit 50.

Speed Hacks,

credit hacks (still),

Ilum box hacks,

dead-world feel,

no world pvp,

no x-server pvp,

no ranking,

no achievements,

poor graphics textures,

GTN menu from hell,

What I read:

I realize all the problems are there, and have been addressed by Bioware.

Unfortunately I am to impatient to wait for those changes.

I make snap comments like, patch 1.1 came out while there are major issues with the game still because I don't realize at all how coding works.

I also have no idea that Bioware has separate teams of developers, so I will lump them all together and assume they fail together.

I can see how they might fix these problems in time, but I don't think people will pay the price of a dinner or a movie to get a month worth of entertainment.

No no no no no!!! You got it all wrong, dude. Forget wow, so sick of that game. Lets look at RIFT as a better example. Sure, that game had its fault at 50, but holy crap was it polished and beautiful even in beta. Nearly bug-free, too. Heck, even AOC at release back in 2008 had the option to change your UI!

UO

AOC

RIFT

SWG

LOTRO

Shadowbane

Darkfall

FFXI

COH/COV

DAoC

EVE

DDO

Guild Wars

EQ1 / EQ2

Everyone just steals from others, especially given the cost to make a modern MMO. while some things are new, mostly they are just cosmetic, or minor changes in design, or a twist on the same game mechanics. Until developers really take some risks things wont change much, however, its very hard to take risks when costs are so high, especially once you reach multiples of ten million, or hundred million range. At that point the bean counters take over, and push the same garbage from the previous 4-6 mmo's that had success.

(

Troll alert. Really? Too much time levelling? I mean my god. Stop.

I should log off the forums and never coke back. Buncha people no company could ever make happy.

Turn around... from what?

Okay earlier this game was having around 350k PCUs

Which was an amazing number.. NOW if you look at this.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

You'll see that number has

dropped a little (the 1 month freebies and people who this game just wasn't for) but on average seems to have leveled out for now, and is still at a relatively high PCU.

I don't think turn around or turd from EA adequately describes what we have so far.

The next few months will make or break this game, not what happened in the first month.

this big thing hurting this game right now is that they have entirely too many servers for their playerbase, which is why the majority of servers are going to read standard.

Playerbase is just spread too thin ATM. HOPEFULLY Bioware does the smart thing and merges some.

Edited by HavenAE

What I read:

I realize all the problems are there, and have been addressed by Bioware.

Unfortunately I am to impatient to wait for those changes.

I make snap comments like, patch 1.1 came out while there are major issues with the game still because I don't realize at all how coding works.

I also have no idea that Bioware has separate teams of developers, so I will lump them all together and assume they fail together.

I can see how they might fix these problems in time, but I don't think people will pay the price of a dinner or a movie to get a month worth of entertainment.

All the above issues existed in beta. People made BW aware of them. BW had ample time to fix them before launch. They didn't.

Care to make an excuse for them? Because I certainly can't find one.

Turn around... from what?

Okay earlier this game was having around 350k PCUs

Which was an amazing number.. NOW if you look at this.

http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/

You'll see that number has

dropped a little (the 1 month freebies and people who this game just wasn't for) but on average seems to have leveled out for now, and is still at a relatively high PCU.

I don't think turn around or turd from EA adequately describes what we have so far.

The next few months will make or break this game, not what happened in the first month.

Warhammer retained a high PCU after the first month as well. It was the 3 month mark that the game died on. I promise you the same thing will happen here. I don't want it to happen to BW or this game, but I can't say I feel bad about seeing yet another entrant in EA's Hall of Failed Games. Despicable, awful company. Why we as consumers still keep them in business is beyond me.

a ****** SP game online with broken MMO features ftw

You again? Man you are on a rampage today aren't ya little fella? Wait, you are still here which means you must have re-subbed. Guess that kinda makes all your arguments pointless now doesn't it? Trolololololololololooo. :rod_tongue_p: